• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Flippy high speed driver?

My Bolt from Latitude has a nice long turn to it. Worth looking into in the Gold Line plastic. Otherwise, a beat in Star Wraith might do it for ya.

Im with the others that suggest a pro destroyer, I would try to buy it in person and try to find one with a low plh. If it is not flippy/flat enough when new pro plastic seems to respond well to creative "seasoning" or you could just throw it till it reaches the sweet spot. I like this approach as you can limit your mold count and get different flight patterns.

I am a destroyer thrower and I would recommend just trying to beat your neutral one to under stable and replace it with another neutral. Star destroyers work great for this

A nice seasoned Champ Beast works wonders flippin. I've had mine about 2 months with 1-2 round/day 5-6/days a week. Lots of tree and I find most of em. When I don't this Beast is flippy as all get out now. Got a pre Barry Champ Beast that is still nice and stable, but the the 2x is flippy now....
Go with a Champ Beast man.

If you already use Destroyers, one to think of trying is the Gateway Slayer, has a similar rim feel, speed, and glide to a Destroyer, but flies more like a -2/2 than a -1/3. You can get them in premium plastic down to around 165, so you can get heavier ones that are more just line shaping straight, or the mid 160's ones that will kill with a tailwind or hyzer flip for someone with 400 ft distance. Paired with a Destroyer for headwinds, hyzers, and forehands you would have a wide range of shots covered with discs that would have a consistent feel and release.

Well your Max D suggests you shouldn't throw higher than speed 10 (in my opinion) I think something like an MVP Amp or Innova Roadrunner would work well for you, the Tern is also a good one if you have to throw the high speed stuff.

If he's throwing 400 on golf lines I think he's fine with any speed driver sometimes people on here take disc into down too far IMO.

Renegades are great for big turnovers and long rollers, and are effortless distance in tailwinds! I was pleasantly surprised by the renegade it's nice and controllable for a flippy high speed driver.

Last edited:
Star Tern compliments Destroyers nicely.

Beat me to it. I've lost the pop for Destroyers, but I use OLFs for the Destroyer shots I used in the past. I get a pretty big difference in distance between them and my Terns, and the Stars are by far the flippiest of the bunch. You can crush them for big turnovers and hyzer flips. The Stars do have some dome to them, though.

A pro destroyer will beat in nicely to this slot but be careful. They can be bit unpredictable at times with how much it will turn, which is why I stopped throwing them. DO NOT get an unlace. Anbody with over 300' of arm will be able to roll that disc.

I would suggest a Renegade by DD. Got a nice feel to it and its understable without turning and burning, unless you want it to then you can get it to.

For distance l-r I use a D4, but am also interviewing a Havoc. Either will do a good left to right shot that glides out straight. With a bit more power and anhyzer launch they roll fast. I am not a solid roller thrower, but I am playing with the shot.

For 300-350ft the beat in pro leopard is where it is at!

A pro destroyer will beat in nicely to this slot but be careful. They can be bit unpredictable at times with how much it will turn, which is why I stopped throwing them. DO NOT get an unlace. Anbody with over 300' of arm will be able to roll that disc.

I would suggest a Renegade by DD. Got a nice feel to it and its understable without turning and burning, unless you want it to then you can get it to.

I have had the same issue where a beat Pro Destroyer hits the sweet spot for a few weeks and then gets way unpredictable. I've been auditioning a Star Tern for this slot.

I like this answer so I'm not going to give one. Pro destroyer is already the same mold and is noticeably more understable and beats in quicker. I also think the renegade is something magical so consider that.

The bolt is faster than a destroyer and I have an air bolt in my bag but I just don't really recommend the bolt much. It's been wildly inconsistent for me at times almost as bad as the Nuke SS. I can't quit them though. I just feel like I need to have a bolt in my bag. Waiting on my renegade to get beat but that thing is just a workhorse that hasn't changed a bit on me in months.

Brand new get a lightweight star tern (i throw a 164) , if you really want the perfect compliment (Aka not a shallow rim) try to find a 6/10 beat Destroyer

My Champ Beast is starting to change since I'm breaking it in. It use to stable out then fall to the left. Not its starting to cut left to right then drop back left. Getting more distance but its like a completely new disc so Im having a hard time figure out how to control and when to use it now.

As a roller its eh... My monster is my best roller. My beast was second out of my discs but not great.

Flippy distance driver does not equal half the discs being mentioned in here. ^specially a sword?!

You don't want a truly flippy distance driver unless you cant throw over 300' or have extreme tailwinds you throw longer holes in but even then not needed.

A beat-in stable DD always better.

Latest posts