• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

What are folks using a Mongoose for? It's a tough disc for me to throw with power. I'm going to get some field work in with it to try some different throwing techniques with it, but right now, it seems like it needs a ton of hyzer to go far.

im using them for Hyzerflips and BH rollers .. i throw 168 Icons but i have a couple Legends that i havent tried yet

Tested an Icon Patriot and a Pinnacle Rival in the field yesterday. I really liked the combo.
Patriot is a good flip disc that can hold a line if powered down, and has surprising glide.
The Rival has a strong finish to hyzer, a great S-turn and easy to throw with control.

hell yeah dude.. what plastic and weights? I know you kill me on arm speed and distance but my Rivals havent really shown any turn yet pretty much dead straight with nice hard predictable fade at the end.. throwing a 166 thats flat and stiff and my 169 flexy Bennett Edition thats beefier.. the 166 might turn if i really really cranked on it i guess.. like a faster Eagle-X but my Clemso one is a hawg

im using them for Hyzerflips and BH rollers .. i throw 168 Icons but i have a couple Legends that i havent tried yet

I think it's going to be a roller for me too. I was hoping to something closer to sidewinder stable, but these seem much flippier than them.

I think it's going to be a roller for me too. I was hoping to something closer to sidewinder stable, but these seem much flippier than them.

have you thrown the Bandit? that might be just what your looking for .. or what weight Mongoose are you throwing? My lighter mongoose is pretty similar to my beloved old beat up star sidewinder but my 166 Icon Bandit remind me of a fresh sidewinder out the box

Maybe that's what I want. I haven't thrown a bandit yet. I have a flat and domey Mongoose at 175g (white flat, pink domey) and both seem too understable from the way I like to throw (slight hyzer, flat, or slight anhyzer). However, even shape of the rim and the slightly blunter nose makes me feel like it's going to be a bomb roller.

175g Icon Patriot w/ 'Tom Waits: It's Hard To Win When You Always Lose' multi-stage dye:

iBz8fMvl.jpg

yMbRtzFl.jpg

C55eJAql.jpg

^^^ sweeet dude .. i have a set of blank white 164 Icon Pats that hopefully im going to send to Bennett in the near future just have no idea what i want on them

bump for some Monday Legacy Love! .. had some of my longest drives to date over the weekend.. of course with the Legacy .. play with confidence ! :p

I believe I finally hit 300' BH this weekend. This is kind of a big milestone for me since I'm just now starting to rely on more than just my FH off the tee. Icon Patriot flipped up and turned a little left before fading back right. Was about 10' short of my playing partner's Mamba. Really looking forward to pushing this mold as my BH develops.

I believe I finally hit 300' BH this weekend. This is kind of a big milestone for me since I'm just now starting to rely on more than just my FH off the tee. Icon Patriot flipped up and turned a little left before fading back right. Was about 10' short of my playing partner's Mamba. Really looking forward to pushing this mold as my BH develops.

:hfive:

patriots bomb for days. i had a similar milestone experience this past summer with mine!

hell yeah dude!!! get after it .. im loving my Patriots too .. my pearly 168 pinnacle is just now starting to season enough to where i can see some turn if i really, really crank on it.. cant wait to get more work in with my 166 Legend .. i too had some of my longest BH throws over the weekend at one of my local courses .. with the Icon Bandits .. one crazy long hyzerflip drive with the Mongoose too

Gummy rival just kicked my teebird out of the bag. Awesome disc that responds well to a lot of power and flys straight and true with a reliable fade. Disc looks sweet as well, I wiped the stamp to enjoy the swirls~

I threw a legend patriot for the first time the other day as well, it was lime green with a hugeeee dome compared to the other patriots I've seen. One of the most overstable fairway drivers I have thrown, I can't even believe how stable it is compared to the pinnacle patriot I have..

Digging legacy, I'm officially hooked~

Gummy rival just kicked my teebird out of the bag. Awesome disc that responds well to a lot of power and flys straight and true with a reliable fade.

the gummy rivals are ridiculous. they're amazing.

i railed a tree with my gravity ghost yesterday from a full windup about 40 feet away; i was so worried it was done. i got up there, threw it on the next hole and parked it - it just flies straighter longer now. lovin' it.

I'm officially hooked on Legacy and my dubs partner is too! I've been loving my Legend Rivals as my stable fairway, and have finally been breaking into 400ft territory with my Excel Rampages (plus a beautiful black pinnacle). My dubs partner is throwing a pile of first run Bandits, plus I think he's up to 10 or 11 different ghosts at this point. Oh and take a gander at this wall-dwelling beauty!

Attachments

• IMG869.jpg
    IMG869.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 31
I picked up a pair of Pinnacle Rivals and I'm completely floored by these discs. What the heck am I going to do with my stack of Teebirds, now? They are longer, straighter, and more controllable. Now I can't wait to add the Patriot and Bandit to my Rivals and Ghosts.

I was finally able to get some throws in with my new Icon Patriot. A tick more overstable than I was anticipating but I think it is better this way. Great flight path and really easy distance. Now onto working in my new Pinnacle Rival.