• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

glad to hear all the good news guys! .. so any interesting legacy stuff from the weekend? My Clozers were banging the chains yesterday.. dont remember missing a putt that i really had to have and even snuck in some nice "bonus" putts .. had some very close Ace runs with my pinncale Rival and excel Ghosts and even one with the Mongoose but still hunting for my first Legacy Ace

glad to hear all the good news guys! .. so any interesting legacy stuff from the weekend? My Clozers were banging the chains yesterday.. dont remember missing a putt that i really had to have and even snuck in some nice "bonus" putts .. had some very close Ace runs with my pinncale Rival and excel Ghosts and even one with the Mongoose but still hunting for my first Legacy Ace

Same here. Played a Battle of the Aces with a Bandit and Gauge. Couple metal hits, but no aces :(
It was at a private course (residents only) and is really one of the best in Houston, so I took advantage of the free pass there and played 2 more full rounds. Cannons were a-flyin', Clutch came in on a few long putts for me, Ghosts, Gauge, Bandits, and Rivals took care of the rest.

^^ hell yeah dude, sounds like a blast!! The course i run weekly sunday doubles at has many holes that are right in that ace run territory so hopefully it wont be long before my first Legacy ace .. hell i havent had just a normal ace in what feels like ages.. im due lol

^^ hell yeah dude, sounds like a blast!! The course i run weekly sunday doubles at has many holes that are right in that ace run territory so hopefully it wont be long before my first Legacy ace .. hell i havent had just a normal ace in what feels like ages.. im due lol

I hear you. I went almost 2 years without one until a couple weeks ago.. Sadly, it was with a VIP Sword - a disc I plan to replace with Outlaws once they are out

yeah i have like 8 or 9 total i cant remember but havent had one in well over a year.. but so looking forward to my first Legacy ace :)

I'm just getting into the Legacy craze, so forgive me if this has already been discussed...are there plans to release the Gauge and Mongoose in Pinnacle plastic? If so, does anyone have an idea when that will happen?

^^ i havent heard of anything yet but i have my fingers crossed.. would love some pearly pinnacle Bandits too ... oooo so tasty

Pinnacle Bandits would be tits. My Legend Bandit gets a good percentage of my driving duties. I reckon Pinnacle would be comparable to an Escape

^^ yeah i havent tried my Legend Bandits yet .. i have a few of them ready to go .. so your Legend are beefier then your Icon correct?

Courtesy of the one and only MurderMike.. i had to share at least one of them from facebook .. i took down the one i really wanted to share.. had a bad word :(

10150787_687948031261404_4488220189590250416_n.jpg

So what's the difference between Legend and Pinnacle plastic? I can't seem to find any info on Legend plastic on their website.

Legend is a CFR-only opaque plastic that is a little swirly. It comes in grayish-green, (s)lime green, purple, and silver colors. I honestly think it feels very similar to the firmer Pinnacle but has a little better grip. The other CFR-only plastic is sparkle. It's metal flake on another level. I haven't owned any so I can't comment beyond the sexy pictures I've seen.

Pinnacle is essentially the Champ equivalent. It can either be clear or uber-pearly like the old 11X KC Pro plastic.

Another note about legend, and maybe it's just me, but I have a gunmetal legend ghost and slime green legend patriot, both are more stable than the icon/pinnacle versions I have thrown

still waiting on protege ghosts...i want them now . . .

hopefully they start off somewhat OS.

i can say, however, that i found an 11x kc pro roc in a pond while retrieving discs for my FB group. trying to find the owner; no ink. i threw it twice just to say i have thrown an older disc, haha. and if they still made rocs like that . . . oh boy. you wouldn't find ghosts in my bag.

unless the protege ghosts they need to make are super awesome. release them so i can see.

Last edited:
Another note about legend, and maybe it's just me, but I have a gunmetal legend ghost and slime green legend patriot, both are more stable than the icon/pinnacle versions I have thrown

My legend rivals are more overstable than my pinnacle rivals. However, my green legend patriot is a full tick less stable than my icon patriot.

Also, I'll add Legend is a close to swirly gold line.

Last edited:
My legend rivals are more overstable than my pinnacle rivals. However, my green legend patriot is a full tick less stable than my icon patriot.

I haven't thrown any of my Slime Pats yet, but their PLH is as low as my Icon. They also have almost perfectly matching domes. I'm guessing I'll have the same experience as you.

yeah i havent thrown many of my Legend discs yet but was told the rule of thumb is they all should be a touch beefier then their other counterparts ... but again i havent got around to testing mine much yet other then my Patriot and its lighter then the pinnacle im throwing so hard to say about it really .. great plastic though, great plastic!

still waiting on protege ghosts...i want them now . . .

hopefully they start off somewhat OS.

i can say, however, that i found an 11x kc pro roc in a pond while retrieving discs for my FB group. trying to find the owner; no ink. i threw it twice just to say i have thrown an older disc, haha. and if they still made rocs like that . . . oh boy. you wouldn't find ghosts in my bag.

unless the protege ghosts they need to make are super awesome. release them so i can see.

yeah i have been asking about these too.. i would kill for a stack of flat, stiff, protege ghosts... #fingerscrossed

also, i finally found a pinnacle ghost for me to love. it's nice and flat, not even much of a shoulder. i have been checking out icon ghosts everywhere i go but they're all megadome and kinda gross IMO. i handpicked one that had much less of a shoulder hoping it'd be beefy like others were reporting on their ghosts. it's . . . meh. this pinnacle is way better.

VS. icon

DSC_0260_zpsuenvhwcr.jpg

VS. gravity

DSC_0262_zpsx3skcqcu.jpg

slightly pearly (can't see it here really), light blue/white goodness. nice and flat! will be super gummy once broken in, i bet.

DSC_0256_zps4iguikya.jpg