• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

2nd runs are/were the best…

picture.php

Haven't thrown my production stamp yet so I can't compare to my 2nd run ghost.

I know Lion had Green, Pink, and Black available last week because I got a great looking Green from him.

Recently picked up a pin rival, an icon patriot, and a pin rampage. Here are my thoughts teebird>rival. The rivals feel great and look awesome, but when it comes to flight my teebirds glide further and hold a better line. Patriot>prebarry leopard/beat star teebird. The patriot holds an awesome line, with a little hyzer it will turn right a bit hold straight and have a slight left finish. Amazing glide, and holds amazing lines. This is in the bag for sure. The ramapage I have is amazing. I flick around 450+ on flat ground never measured officially but I reach holes in this range all the time. My d1s are super consistant but the flight is different. D1s give me more of an s curve at this distance. What is nuts about the rampage is Im Getting almost the same distance but it's not turning right. It's flipping up to flat and just going. Eventually hyzering out at the end. Not sure if it'll replace but it seems like it has ALOT of potential with the way it's flying now.

So far one replacement, one might replace, and rivals not so much...

For me the rival has always had a lot more fade than a tbird.

Really? All my rivals (and others Ive thrown) have had less lsf and no real hst. Much straighter depending on the line you throw them on (and what you want it to do). Great disc! :clap:

Wish I had more wings tho...

I don't like super glides fairways. I like that I know how far the rival is going to fly. It's dependable.

Yeah I dunno, teebirds aren't insanely glidey like a comet. They just fly further than rivals IMO. Easier distance=more controlled shots. Gave them a chance, just didn't win me over. Now as for the rampage, we shall see.

eeeeeeeeeh. i agree with the fresh rival, at least the hard, flat and slick ones.

i had some wings that were gummy, 168-171. once i got some use on them they gain a considerable amount of distance and keep a lot of HSS. i hit my absolute max potential D ceiling at 450' and i put those things out to 400' a couple times. obviously not consistently, but they will go the distance and keep on pushing if you can give them enough juice. maybe not a teebird, but great all the same.

the hard and slick ones are just too OS for me to bother with breaking in.

Didn't mean for my comment to turn into hating the rival, I can see why people like it. It is supposed to be a teebird clone right? That's why I wanted to try it. Just not as good as the original IMO. just sharing my experience with legacy. 2/3 were very positive.

Didn't mean for my comment to turn into hating the rival, I can see why people like it. It is supposed to be a teebird clone right? That's why I wanted to try it. Just not as good as the original IMO. just sharing my experience with legacy. 2/3 were very positive.

i don't think anybody was saying you were hating the rival . . .

we are all sharing our experiences. i agree it's not a teebird. i think there's a lot of variation in the patriot and rival just like almost every company so it makes it tough when says "oh it's a teebird clone" or "nah, it's more of an eagle".

i was simply commenting on the very specific type of rival that i sought out and enjoyed for a while - the FR wings in the lighter 167-171 range, they were gummy, flatter and complete money in the bank. i've seen a couple others like it in the production runs but i haven't thrown any of the production runs aside from one that i did not like and very much matched your description - i was too impatient to try and break it in.

256403-that-really-rustled-my-jimmies.png

Hmm maybe ive just gotten lucky. My greem legend rival has a bit of turn and little fade and my 168 pinnacle is super striaght. The black max weight pinnacle rival I bag is somewhat gummy and has a solid fade, like a 2.5 or 3 fade.

So far my 166 Pinnacle Rivals have been everything i could have wanted from my Teebird slot... nice predictable fade, capable of flex shots, fh's, etc... but to be honest i would say its more like a Eagle-X then a Teebird.. my Patriots are more Teebird like.. nice and straight with predictable fade at the end.. cant wait for them to break in a bit ... keep in mind i dont have the biggest arm though

From my experience I would say that the Rival is more like an Eagle-X whereas the Patriot is more like an Eagle-L,TL, JLS, etc. I would reverse the flight ratings on the Patriot to read -1/2 instead of -2/1. I think that would be more of an accurate description, especially for the newer runs. I'm not complaining at all. I like the Patriot.

From my experience I would say that the Rival is more like an Eagle-X whereas the Patriot is more like an Eagle-L,TL, JLS, etc. I would reverse the flight ratings on the Patriot to read -1/2 instead of -2/1. I think that would be more of an accurate description, especially for the newer runs. I'm not complaining at all. I like the Patriot.

Yes to all of this! I love the patriot, but it always seemed more overstable than the numbers. Awesome disc, but not quite a number match.

i dunno man, patriot replaced my leopard

Yeah, past 300' -2/1 seems about right. Its a lot less stable than the TL or EL maybe a half tick less than QJs. Powered up a new QJ will hold a stable line and fade while my new icon Patriot needs a hyzer flip but still never locks onto a stable straight line but instead does a tight s-curve... maybe pinnacle is a tick more HSS, IDK.

I think Joe's Flight Chart on GGGT is fairly accurate. I think there may be some variance in different ones. The Patriot I have can be ripped into from hyzer pretty well. It doesn't turn a lot up to 350. Granted, I have a max weight one. I imagine I can push out a little further without it being too flippy.

A max weight star Leopard might have a similar flight up to 350 but is to fade very little. Patriot fades more. I'm thinking it is due to its speed.