• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

I loving the Rampage and the Rival.

What's the gummy star like plastic that the Rampage comes in?

It varies. I know that my yellow Icon Gauge is of the gummy variety. That's definitely a disc worth checking out if you like the grippier plastic. The Icon Ghosts I've felt tend to be a lot stiffer.

The gravity plastic is the best feeling plastic i have found, even when its wet im getting good grip, i just ordered a protege plastic clozer to see if its also as grippy, i push putt so stiffer the plastic the better.

Can anyone describe gravity vs protege?

i use the protege clozers.. mine are all very stiff and i love it .. they have some grip but not near the grip of the gravity .. i have some gravity too but havent used them just love the protege lol .. i think i may use gravity for jump putts or touchy upshots down the road due to the extra grip but for now i use all protege and then an icon for some extra beef when driving

Are FR Rivals worth more now? I got this one in the bag. I dig it.

rWzOa5U.jpg

The gravity plastic is the best feeling plastic i have found, even when its wet im getting good grip, i just ordered a protege plastic clozer to see if its also as grippy, i push putt so stiffer the plastic the better.

Can anyone describe gravity vs protege?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading at one point that gravity and protege are made from the same 2 plastics, just different ratios of each. Gravity will have more flex, where protege is stiffer. I think there's a new run of protege out there that's not as stiff as the older stuff, but not as flexy as gravity. The protege clutchs and clozers I received for my fundraiser are both pretty stiff.

I have two 1st run rivals in my bag, purple, and Ice blue. They are gorgeous. Just sold a black for 50. Still have a smoke 1st Run, and a peach.

Yes, but one sale does not set the market. I think the comments from various people on the legacy page on that particular offering support that idea. Let's not kid ourselves. You may get a pm from the shadows offering what you want, but we're talking what the majority in the groups who buy these establish as market value.

They are worth 30-50. The aqua blues and the unique stamps will hit that 50 mark occasionally. Your peach probably 35-40, 40 if someone likes the swirlness...and that might be stretching it.

How long are the pinnacle and icon plastics lasting you guys? how long before the rivals start to develop turn?

Then again, let's not forget it's still supply and demand here. It's always going to be worth what someone will pay, no matter what.

Not much can be said beyond that.

Then again, let's not forget it's still supply and demand here. It's always going to be worth what someone will pay, no matter what.

Not much can be said beyond that.

Agreed. There is an important distinguishment between worth, which is subjective, and average market value.

How long are the pinnacle and icon plastics lasting you guys? how long before the rivals start to develop turn?

Some rivals turn out of the box, actually. a couple pinnacles I had did. Some take a month or two of hitting stuff. ;) not sure about the icon...

my pinnacl Patriot is just now starting to get some nice broken in type feel to it and thats been a few months of steady use .. my Icon Bandit has broken in a bit faster but still a loooonnnngg way to go on both .. as far s the Rival developing turn im not sure.. i have been throwing my pinnacles for a few months and still nice and beefy

Any opinions on the First run Icon Mongoose(s)?

The Icon plastic was fully opaque, no swirl and has a slight chalkiness to it. I know a lot of people love the chalky feeling but it makes me nauseous. Also the disc was uncontrollably flippy, and I tend to like understable stuff.

I had high hopes for the Mongoose and I hope future runs or pinnacle edition are significantly different.

The last two winters I bagged a ice blue pinnacle FR wings rival through Shelby Forest to same my ce eagles for tourneys. That main thrower is still a half tick more stable than my most seasoned eagle (laser straight to 350' on a calm day) but with bigger skips. At 330' on a low line into a 10mph headwind my stiff FR will pop up from a slight hyzer and hold a stable straight line to the ground. I also bagged a gun metal legend on windier days when I wanted a better grip on cold days, a hair more HSS, or less skip/kicks in the woods.

IMO, rivals are all over the board in stability. I've got a few domey bitches that fade like a champ eagle x with decent HSS like a champ eagle l... domes suck if you ask me, I can't flick them near as well as a flat top:thmbdown:

Latest posts