• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

JL sure is pretty when done right, but some of my best flyers from Innova are the opaque not so pretty post CE runs. Very durable too.

I am a huge fan of pretty discs but I'll dance with an uggo if it flies right.

Ok. I guess the newer JL plastic has some flex to it.

Something is going on with Innova's plastic supply. Star is flexy and now JL. Where is the stiff stuff?

Ok. I guess the newer JL plastic has some flex to it.

Something is going on with Innova's plastic supply. Star is flexy and now JL. Where is the stiff stuff?

My JL discs are firm. The Aviar, Mako3, and Thunderbird in JL champ plastic are very hard in the rim region where I grip it, and the flight plate is pretty firm, too...

just threw a teebird for the first time yesterday (DX plastic) and I see why people like it, good flyer and does exactly what I expected it to, all in all a good disc.

Recent purchase of a JL TB from Clearwater. One of the flatter current run TB's I've seen in a while. Slightly softer JL that has been common in recent runs.

I noticed the pro shop has a DX stamped champion teebird 3. I will check out a teebird 3 in DX. It could be fast but still have some glide.

Looking for something for the understable fairway slot, I recently picked up a PFN 150 Star TeeBird and a PFN 164 Star TL. I'm really liking both of them. They are very similar in flight. I can throw a really tight line with a little hyzer flip that just drifts over and then fades softly back to center. Of I can throw a big sweeping anhyzer than holds the line and just pans smoothly to flat before landing. In field practice, they were encroaching on my Scorpiuses, at least when I didn't get a really good rip on the Scorpiuses. I put the TeeBird in the bag in the understable fairway slot with the TL as its backup. Since they fly such similar lines and feel almost exactly the same in the hand, I don't think it matters much which one is in the bag and which is backup.

I'm thinking about getting a 150 class JL TeeBird to see if it flies similar lines. Anyone have any experience with those?

I put the TeeBird in the bag in the understable fairway slot with the TL as its backup. Since they fly such similar lines and feel almost exactly the same in the hand, I don't think it matters much which one is in the bag and which is backup.

I'm thinking about getting a 150 class JL TeeBird to see if it flies similar lines. Anyone have any experience with those?

I don't know what weight your TL is, but what is your experience with windy conditions? A heavier weight TL might be the prescription for winds if the Teebird gets kicked around.

I don't know what weight your TL is, but what is your experience with windy conditions? A heavier weight TL might be the prescription for winds if the Teebird gets kicked around.

The TL is a 164. Haven't really tried either disc in windy conditions. I did get them for the understable fairway slot though, and I don't really expect either to hold up in a headwind. In a headwind, if I had to go anhyzer I would probably disc up to either my Echostar TeeBird or even my beat in Star AJ.

I was hoping someone might be able to give me an opinion on how the 150-class JL's fly since buying lighter Star PFN discs for a reasonable price is going to get harder and harder as time goes on. Wind isn't that much of an issue since this disc is being bagged for the understable slot anyway.

Looking for something for the understable fairway slot, I recently picked up a PFN 150 Star TeeBird and a PFN 164 Star TL. I'm really liking both of them. They are very similar in flight. I can throw a really tight line with a little hyzer flip that just drifts over and then fades softly back to center. Of I can throw a big sweeping anhyzer than holds the line and just pans smoothly to flat before landing. In field practice, they were encroaching on my Scorpiuses, at least when I didn't get a really good rip on the Scorpiuses. I put the TeeBird in the bag in the understable fairway slot with the TL as its backup. Since they fly such similar lines and feel almost exactly the same in the hand, I don't think it matters much which one is in the bag and which is backup.

What's your overstable fairway slot disc? From overstable to understable fairway I go : Champ T-bird, Champ TL or Jk pro Valk, Champ Mamba or domey Champ Valk. All max weight...

Last edited:
What's your overstable fairway slot disc? From overstable to understable fairway I go : Champ T-bird, Champ TL or Jk pro Valk, Champ Mamba. All max weight...

My fairways are all TeeBirds. From OS to US: 175g 2013 Brinster (hyzers/flex shots), 175g Star AJ (straight with healthy fade), 165g EchoStar (straight straight), 150g PFN Star (hyzer flips/anhyzers).

My fairways are all TeeBirds. From OS to US: 175g 2013 Brinster (hyzers/flex shots), 175g Star AJ (straight with healthy fade), 165g EchoStar (straight straight), 150g PFN Star (hyzer flips/anhyzers).

A nice, max weight flat T-bird (11x for myself) can't be beat for the overstable fairway slot. Try a fresh Mamba or fresh domey Valk 172+ for that understable slot. JK Pro Valk in between. I am looking for something cheaper to fill that in between slot however...

A nice, max weight flat T-bird (11x for myself) can't be beat for the overstable fairway slot. Try a fresh Mamba or fresh domey Valk 172+ for that understable slot. JK Pro Valk in between. I am looking for something cheaper to fill that in between slot however...

Yeah I don't think 11x TeeBirds come any cheaper than Brinster TeeBirds and I've got a couple backup Brinsters already so I think I'll keep those in the OS slot. I'm sure if I lost all of them I could find production run max weight JL TeeBirds just as OS for a reasonable price. I could use a Valk or Mamba in the US slot, but those are wider-rimmed discs and I'd rather keep my fairways in the speed 6-8 range for more control and fairway type distance.

Are you looking for something cheaper for the in-between slot for yourself or for me? AJ TeeBirds are slightly more expensive b/c you have to buy off the Factory Store, but I have a couple max weight, production Star TeeBirds that fly very similar to my AJ now (not as OS as the AJ was when it was new but stable enough to fill its current role). The EchoStar TeeBird is very straight for me and also not very expensive to replace (mine is actually a factory second so even cheaper to replace).

I think my lineup is honestly not that hard to replace except the PFN 150 TeeBird/PFN 164 TL in the US slot. Of course I could just take a chance on a production run lighter TeeBird/TL in that slot if I lose both of them, which is probably what I will do eventually.

Have you guys seen the newer flat runs of champ teebirds? This dayglow jl 12x teebird flies like a fresh 11x kc pro. Nice stab stable hard flat rip goes straight with fade, holds long ass hyzer lines with good skip. Flex shots. Thing is glorious!

So I carry that 12x, broken in champ 11x, broken in star tb pfn and a really beat to **** star for my fairway shots. Teebird for lyfe

I got a domey 157 12x JL dayglo and it flies pretty stable for me, pretty much no turn unless there's a slight headwind and even then it just flips flat rather than doing s-turns. I'm a noodle tho, about 300ft of power with the Teebird. I imagine that it's more understable for a big arm. When I throw it into a stiff headwind I'm getting significant turn out of it.

My understable fairway drivers are broken in DX teebirds. You can find them in lighter weights if needed but a max weight broken in DX would turn for most players. If you don't like the DX it could be a placeholder till you break in a star teebird

Latest posts