• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form check

Yep. Now turn your arm/disc wing/palm down, so the center of the disc can swing in closer to your center and further behind the elbow.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.36.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.36.11 PM.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 92
Thanks. I'm doing pretty well with keeping the elbow out on short stand stills now but trying to throw any further messes it up. Gonna work on those stand stills and add power little by little. Maybe I should try the same with x step starting from shorter distances. I also noticed my left arm has started going backwards again so need to fix that too.

You hit the top of the backswing too early or too far away from your front foot plant and stall out trying to hold back because you rotated back back too early/quick/fast. Slow down and relax, try using a pendulum backswing. Door Frame Drill should keep pulling your body further back as you stride your hips forward into the plant.

Both your arms/elbows/shoulders are collapsed behind your body and not creating a closed shoulder power pocket to swing the disc in more behind the right elbow/shoulder closer to your center and then redirect/repel the disc back out away from your center.

On your standstill, your right heel is going airborne instead of shifting back deeper/buttwipe toward the heels pulling the lead toes up.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132910

uzB8SZq.png

Thanks. Good reminder about the door frame drill. Think I got the backswing timing better when I worked on it a while ago but haven't done it anymore. I should start doing it reguralry.

Also just remembered I used to do that shrug thing but started focusing on other things and forgot about it :D Have to give it a try again. Btw what time is it best to push those shoulders forward? Should I keep them shrug from the start or let it happen in the backswing ?

Hang forward loose like heavy wet towel, pulled by gravity and G-force swing momentum/inertia back and forth.

Haven't been throwing in a while. Time to get back to it. Still have to work on the same things pointed out earlier. Throwing arm is collapsing, off arm is going backwards / doing nothing, backswing peaks too early. Balance is better I think. Not falling forward like before. Anything else? What should I begin with?

Slowmo:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bye5-BipBgf-pIQMaqAo1RQrFCsfkUao/view?usp=drivesdk

Normal:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C7AmBJ3_5BpAZLxVmmP4aBDqQqGIGKda/view?usp=drivesdk

Get your rear foot to lead shoulder/arm/disc force inline.
You are getting into some weird posture trying to hit positions statically that don't really exist, instead of getting there dynamically. You are trying to create a wide reachback to the left tee side while not really loading anything. A true wide reachback has nothing to due with keeping the disc left or right, but maintaining a wide shoulder angle while creating stretch from your center which should be more straight back inline to the trajectory. If you turn your shoulders back enough you can maintain a wide shoulder angle with the disc completely behind your body.

Doing the Door Frame Drills and Bow and Arrow you need to feel how align your stance and your posture to create a straight line force using/leveraging your weight/CoG in a more relaxed state and effortless. Your feet should be much closer inline doing these drills.

Note how far to the left your arm/disc are compared to your rear foot. My shoulder/arm/disc are loaded back right over the rear instep. Hard to tell from camera angle, but you also need to turn your rear foot further back away from target, you are too pigeon toed and keeping your rear knee flexed restricting your hip.
kV1o4Xg.png