• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
i throw my groove everytime on hole 16 at tittabawassee and i hit metal 7/10 times. still no ace yet. i just let it go at about 3/4 power and it finds its way there. this hole goes around to the left at a pretty nice rate but i keep it in the bag for that hole hahaha.

Hole #16 - 146 ft

... wish I had a hole that short

Last edited:
How does the Innova Groove compare to the Wraith or Vulcan? I have a Wraith and Vulcan like them.

it's like a vulcan wraith combo that flies 100 feet farther every time with half the effort and 3x the wind resistance, I'd be surprised if it wasn't your favorite disc after one round.

it's like a vulcan wraith combo that flies 100 feet farther every time with half the effort and 3x the wind resistance, I'd be surprised if it wasn't your favorite disc after one round.

:hfive:
classy, thats what I think of when I think groove!

i played leagues yesterday with a guy that had a bag full of star/champ/esp/z and he through that damn groove at least ONCE per hole.

awefully might i add

Yes I've noticed this hating the groove trend. I'm not exactly sure why. I have one and think it's a pretty good disc. But..as I've gotten more of the other drivers I wanted I find that I pretty much don't throw it anymore. Groove flies the straightest of all speed 13 discs so I would think some would like that quite a bit. I have much better contol on straight shots with my teebird otherwise might use my nicely worn champ Orc. So yea, I don't really use the groove anymore. But I don't understand why it's considered such a crappy disc.

Dude, I'm sorry, but it definitely isn't the straightest flying speed 13 driver. This all depends on the person and their throwing style, and I don't know if you have or not, but if you haven't tried all of the speed 13's then you probably shouldn't have made that statement. Every other speed 13 I've thrown has been able to fly straighter than the groove and was more predictable. It's not like it can't fly well but it's the least predictable disc I've owned, and I'd rather throw something where I know what flight path it will take.

i have to have one in my bag at all times. im a big sidearm thrower and it gives me the distance i need and with the hard finish it has to the right, make it so easy to find the right like for me. although, no one else in my group likes it at all (all back hand throwers)

A lot of forehand throwers at my local course love the Groove. Watching them flick that disc, it appears pretty fast with a boat load of LSS. They can turn them over heavy, and they always flex back at the end. A couple backhand throwers like them as well, but the disc seems to be most popular with the forehanders.

that's what i've gathered too. i got it after my monarch, and i haven't gone back to it. it just seems so predictable for me. might just be because i throw it all the time

It's just a fad thing to hate it. One person says they hate it then everyone else falls in line. The Groove was a new disc design that just didn't work simple as that.

Never worked right for me, it would just meathook and burn at 250. I throw the Boss and Katana just fine, maybe it was just a bad disc. I'll never buy another though.

Latest posts