• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

A bit OT but what is the best putter/approach setup from Gateway?

Gateways own bundles is Magic, Voodoo, Wizard . . i figured to try Magic, Voodoo ( or Warlock) and Chief OS . .

Or is Magic, Voodoo Wizard the best setup, i was thinking the Voodoo and Wizard is to similar. .

A bit OT but what is the best putter/approach setup from Gateway?

Gateways own bundles is Magic, Voodoo, Wizard . . i figured to try Magic, Voodoo ( or Warlock) and Chief OS . .

Or is Magic, Voodoo Wizard the best setup, i was thinking the Voodoo and Wizard is to similar. .

Your answer lies within.

Scale, Wizard, Wizard, Voodoo (until you put a little wear on one of your Wizards) is the best setup Gateway has to offer.

Scale looks to be a fun disc. but only available in base plastic. . . afraid a base plastic scale will be less stable than a Diamond Wizard after just a few rounds

Scale looks to be a fun disc. but only available in base plastic. . . afraid a base plastic scale will be less stable than a Diamond Wizard after just a few rounds

My main Fossil Scale has been in my bag for over 2 years and sees several shots per round. It still has amazing HSS and decent LSF. It's been a mainstay and workshorse the whole time. And is still more stable/OS (and has less glide/better rangeability) than even a freshy PW Wizard.

Just got a box full of throwers... G9i's are the slickest, stiffest discs i have ever thrown. PW's are a great all around throwing putters. I also got a 155 medium that is a bomber. (The G25 is new, pink and pretty and i don't want to throw it yet but it feels amazing)

G9i's are the slickest, stiffest discs i have ever thrown.

G9i is some of my favorite plastic.. I bag one and I have 3 more that will eventually cycle in to my bag. But it'll be a while.. the durabilty they have is ridiculous. I've been bagging the same G9i Wiz for about a year and half, using it often every round I play, and it's just a little less OS than it was when new.. still my workhorse driving putter. And that slickness goes away after a couple months.. then it just feels like good old KC Pro.

Just don't play drunk catch with them.. caught one to the side of the head one time. Had a bump there for like a week..

G9i is some of my favorite plastic.. I bag one and I have 3 more that will eventually cycle in to my bag. But it'll be a while.. the durabilty they have is ridiculous. I've been bagging the same G9i Wiz for about a year and half, using it often every round I play, and it's just a little less OS than it was when new.. still my workhorse driving putter. And that slickness goes away after a couple months.. then it just feels like good old KC Pro.

Just don't play drunk catch with them.. caught one to the side of the head one time. Had a bump there for like a week..

That's good to hear. I'm a big fan of the stiffness but not the biggest fan of how slick they are. I'm gonna give a couple of them my world famous 'sun-talc-sand treatment'. (Sprinkle talc and sand on flight plate, place in sun. Every morning rub flight plate gently for one week. Boom goes the dynamite)

That's good to hear. I'm a big fan of the stiffness but not the biggest fan of how slick they are. I'm gonna give a couple of them my world famous 'sun-talc-sand treatment'. (Sprinkle talc and sand on flight plate, place in sun. Every morning rub flight plate gently for one week. Boom goes the dynamite)

Or just throw them. The slickness wears off in just a couple weeks. They get to that velvety/soft stage very quick. Just give them a quick wash with some soap to start so they get some grip and enjoy.

Just got a box full of throwers... G9i's are the slickest, stiffest discs i have ever thrown. PW's are a great all around throwing putters. I also got a 155 medium that is a bomber. (The G25 is new, pink and pretty and i don't want to throw it yet but it feels amazing)

That G25 has such a great stiffness to it, yet somehow has such a velvety feel to it.

I can't wait to hear how you like those G9i's once they beat in a little bit.

Is the Evolution plastic the same as Evolution Platinum . . or have the Evo gone out of production?

Next year's putters, some super stiff SB-14s

Attachments

• CC8F0D63-E193-4CFF-B754-10DECE929032.jpg
    CC8F0D63-E193-4CFF-B754-10DECE929032.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts