• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Next year's putters, some super stiff SB-14s

Where did you find these? I have been looking for some for a while.

Actually, this question is for everyone:

Where do you buy Wizards online? Of course in store is best, but no one around me sells them.

I bought 90% of my wizards from the marketplace, (13 last week alone) they show up on the regs.

Where did you find these? I have been looking for some for a while.

Actually, this question is for everyone:

Where do you buy Wizards online? Of course in store is best, but no one around me sells them.

I got lucky at my local Alpine Ski Center...they carry tons of Wizards and I guess someone at Gateway threw 4 of these beauties in their latest shipment.

Any good tips on how to reflatten warped Wizards from tree hits? Erasers and organics specifically. Not really sure if the slight malformation really matters other than psychologically but I really do like my discs in uniform shape. I will probably stick them in the sauna for a while.

Any good tips on how to reflatten warped Wizards from tree hits? Erasers and organics specifically. Not really sure if the slight malformation really matters other than psychologically but I really do like my discs in uniform shape. I will probably stick them in the sauna for a while.

My Erasers warp super easily. Don't even need tree hits, just sitting in the bag will do it. Those Copenhagen Open 2016 Erasers are super soft and gummy. You can easily bend them back to almost their original shape even after hard tree hits. My Organics however look like potato fields.

My Erasers warp super easily. Don't even need tree hits, just sitting in the bag will do it. Those Copenhagen Open 2016 Erasers are super soft and gummy. You can easily bend them back to almost their original shape even after hard tree hits. My Organics however look like potato fields.

Sounds like Jawbreaker plastic, same deal the plastic gets sticky to hand when temps are over 90-92 F yet the plastic can be put back for the most part due to warping. The Jawbreaker plastic do not warp as easy though by just being in bag but they will warp after harder putts into the basket and hitting the basket not the chains, trees ect. I expect I will have to rotate putters at some point and move out an old U-2 Upshot #2 for a upphill/down hill putter for my longer range more beet in putter that I also use for hazard putts with stuff in the line of putt, then make the putting putter the long putter up to 35-40 feet and get a new putting putter. The Jawbreaker plastic feels like the newer baseline plastic from Lighting but more flexible for all Discraft discs. Sorry thread drift. I only like the stiff Wizards but I wish the G9i was taller like a Wizard putter not an approach putter, then my disc would have been what I really wanted, now use Discraft.

I like how my Gateway putters fly, but not how they feel when new. . . of all my Gateway putter i need to use sandpaper to sand of sharp edges and bad moulding joints on most of them, particularly those in S-plastics.
Most of the EVO ones feel great

Are any of the Diamond Wizards grippy? What do the diamond glows feel like?
Thanks

Took my new Nikko signature wizard for a spin today- I don't know if it's all new Wizards or what, but the tooling seemed unusually pronounced to me. Most of my main putting Wizards are really old with no tooling, but I've got a few newer ones mixed in. I don't really like the feel since that's right where my fingers sit, but it typically doesn't affect my putting too much.

I feel like with this disc, I can't get a good release because I'm too distracted by the feel. Maybe I'll sand it down a little or something. Otherwise it might be a thrower.

I had to use sandpapper on all my new Gateway putters i S-plastic....the old Evo i got were fine, MUCH better

I called Gateway and had them make me a run of Glow Wizards. They sent me a big box or 25... Just gorgeous.

Glow wizards are where it's at. I don't even care that they glow. The ones I have are nice and stiff and don't really break in fast, so they keep their stability longer than some of their other plastics. Great driving putter.

Glow wizards are where it's at. I don't even care that they glow. The ones I have are nice and stiff and don't really break in fast, so they keep their stability longer than some of their other plastics. Great driving putter.

In my 25 they gave me 1/3 hard green ones, 1/3 upper range softs, and 1/3 softs, they also threw in a Super soft that I put on Ebay. It is not my deal but man is it pretty :)

I like them all. I picked a greenie for a driver and I put with the softs.

Not sure I knew that, thanks. I've been hording the stiffs so to me that's all that exists.

Every small circle Superglow stamp I owned was that amazing firm glow plastic that seasons into butter. Around the time of dehaas' first 3-Man Throwndown sale here (Zam's Death Takes It In The Junk stamp which still makes me laugh to this day), the glow Wizards he was selling were SS Glow, and every glow I've fondled since then has been softer. It's a few years since I've seen a new one though so I don't know if they've run firmer ones again or not. If not I'm sure a call to the factory asking for some would change that fairly quickly though.

I have a nice pair of firm glows that they ran last fall. I bought them through Gateway Underground on Facebook. I've used them as throwers and have an ace with one. I've decided that I like the stiffness enough to put them on the shelf and in time they will be seasoned as my next pair of putting putters. Marshall Street put up some small stamp Glows that they describe as firm at the same time and as I write this, there are still two left.