• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

I'm just waiting until I have the funds to buy about 10 more backups, and then I will let you guys know whether they are any good or not.

Does the thinner flight plate on the Nikkos produce puddle tops or are they flat? Any difference in flights on putts or throws? What are your impressions?

When you all say high/low shoulder what are you referring to?

Shoulder is the edge of the flight plate. If you feel a PW it feels "tall" if you feel a regular Wiz (S,SS,SSS,OG,ER,RFF) it's much "slimmer" this is created by the shoulder. If you call the leading edge the nose the shoulder is the top of t he nose where it meets the flight plate. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Does the thinner flight plate on the Nikkos produce puddle tops or are they flat? Any difference in flights on putts or throws? What are your impressions?

Mine are very flat. My yellow SS has a little bit of give to the flight plate and my red firms have little/none. The yellow SS feels more or less like standard S plastic to me. The red firm is more rubbery and chalky. The flight plate is noticeably thinner than other recent wizards and the tooling is more pronounced. I sanded it down on one of mine, and it feels much better. Flight is fast and straight stable, I think the SS will be a thrower for me and the firms will be backups for the old mediums that I am still using as my primary putters. The new firms are pretty much drop in replacements for those.

firms will be backups for the old mediums that I am still using as my primary putters. The new firms are pretty much drop in replacements for those.

Sweet. Exactly what I wanted to hear. I outt with old thin flight plateMediums as well, so glad they ran these Nikko's.

Mine are very flat. My yellow SS has a little bit of give to the flight plate and my red firms have little/none. The yellow SS feels more or less like standard S plastic to me. The red firm is more rubbery and chalky. The flight plate is noticeably thinner than other recent wizards and the tooling is more pronounced. I sanded it down on one of mine, and it feels much better. Flight is fast and straight stable, I think the SS will be a thrower for me and the firms will be backups for the old mediums that I am still using as my primary putters. The new firms are pretty much drop in replacements for those.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one sanding down the tooling. I'll have to try the firmer run, the first run of these have been great throwers for me.

How is the wizard for a driving/approach putter? I currently putt with warlocks and I'm looking for an upshot disc. In the past I used a classic marshal and now I've been using a plasma envy. I'm not 100% satisfied with the envy for approaching. Was thinking of trying out a wizard in this spot.

How is the wizard for a driving/approach putter? I currently putt with warlocks and I'm looking for an upshot disc. In the past I used a classic marshal and now I've been using a plasma envy. I'm not 100% satisfied with the envy for approaching. Was thinking of trying out a wizard in this spot.

They're phenomenal.

Pair one with a Reptilian Disc Golf Scale (WizardOS) and you're pretty much set for 99% of upshots.

Wizards are great throwers for both drives and approaches. But, have you tried throwing your warlock? I havent thrown one, but I would think it would be a similar flight, the way KC and P&A aviars are. Also, what didn't you like about the Marshall and envy? I had both for a short time after getting them in players packs, but got rid of them because I thought they were similar to, but not as good as wizards.

The marshal was way too understable once it got a little beat in. The envy in my experience doesn't power down well. It is awesome for off the tee but I haven't had the best luck with approaches. It has a lot of overlap with my midranges.

The Wizard is that all around putter. Drives, upshot and putting it does it all and really well. Just pick a blend you like load up on them and you're set.

I'm super tempted to try and switch to wizards but I keep changing molds and I need to just stick with one mold I think. Going to try and pick up another warlock (in premium) if I can find one to use as a thrower.

The Wizard is that all around putter. Drives, upshot and putting it does it all and really well. Just pick a blend you like load up on them and you're set.
That's what I heard over and over here. Tried it. And went with the Westside Shield. The Shield worked better in windy conditions, went 10m further and felt better in my hands. Now my children play with the Wizards because of the stamp...

Is the new Platinum plastic the same as the old "EVO" ? Really like the EVO, so do Platinum feel the same