• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway

Clizark said:
LMAO..... the Spirit thumber is has got me in more trouble over the years than its worth. However, The E Blaze has netted me one thumber ace, a huge deuce throw in on a water hole, and a few "flare birdies". I guess I should say that i learned to throw thumbers from schwebby a few years ago, and what he helped me develop for the shot dosen't work with spirits they roll two fast and dont stay on there backs long enough. I carry Spirits in my bag, one beat and one mint, I love them, but they are not good control/accurate thumber discs. You should try an E Blaze or Firebird

p.s I love my spirits!!!!!!!!

Dude...I totally agree on this. I get a much more consisten thumber out of the "S" or "E" Blaze. The spirit needs too much room to work its full turn.

Clizark said:
Don't throw thumbers with SPIRITS!!!! they roll to fast, and can/will roll all over to hyzer causing you to miss your mark. I don't care what any one say's on this thread it is not a good thumber disc.

Unless you can throw thumbers super far 325+ The E blaze is the best disc to use if you want control in the Gateway line up. If you are trying to go further do your self a favor and get a champion firebird.

That was a freak accident in the wind. You are crazy.

Spirits are good thumber discs.

Also you ever going to send me your addy so i can send you those Illusions?

Frank_Delicious said:
Clizark said:
Don't throw thumbers with SPIRITS!!!! they roll to fast, and can/will roll all over to hyzer causing you to miss your mark. I don't care what any one say's on this thread it is not a good thumber disc.

Unless you can throw thumbers super far 325+ The E blaze is the best disc to use if you want control in the Gateway line up. If you are trying to go further do your self a favor and get a champion firebird.

That was a freak accident in the wind. You are crazy.

Spirits are good thumber discs.

Also you ever going to send me your addy so i can send you those Illusions?

That wasn't the first time that happened :cry: those things suck compared to an e blaze

thanks furthur!!!

You're welcome, but I'm not sure what I did :).

I like the Blaze for thumbers better than the Spirit as well. I like the smaller rim, and only use thumbers under 250' though.

they roll too(sp) fast and dont stay on their(sp) backs long enough

So what you're saying is: If my wife was a golf disc, she'd be a spirit? :?

kaht said:
they roll two fast and dont stay on their(sp) backs long enough

So what you're saying is: If my wife was a golf disc, she'd be a spirit? :?

LOL that's pretty funny.

I'm just saying that....... never mind until I win the words USDGC and have a 1050 player rating my opinions on discs are worthless :D

has nay one thrown a max weight retooled blurr yet?

BLURR said:
Clizark said:
LMAO..... the Spirit thumber is has got me in more trouble over the years than its worth. However, The E Blaze has netted me one thumber ace, a huge deuce throw in on a water hole, and a few "flare birdies". I guess I should say that i learned to throw thumbers from schwebby a few years ago, and what he helped me develop for the shot dosen't work with spirits they roll two fast and dont stay on there backs long enough. I carry Spirits in my bag, one beat and one mint, I love them, but they are not good control/accurate thumber discs. You should try an E Blaze or Firebird

Dude...I totally agree on this. I get a much more consisten thumber out of the "S" or "E" Blaze. The spirit needs too much room to work its full turn.

flat spirits turn pretty quickly in the air, but after a long vertical flight. they're great for accuracy, probably not the best for distance.
domey spirits do not stay vertical as long and have a much wider turn. they do stay on their backs as long as anything i've seen and are pretty good for distance.
it's good to have a variety. clizark, you should be throwing more domey spirits for thumbers, if those are the characteristics you like. blurr, you should be throwing flatter ones.
i like flat spirits more myself. must be that accuracy crap that people hate ;)

for thumbers? not as good as other stuff.

if you mean as a regular BH or FH disc, i like them a lot. there are different molds though. more recently dave made them less stable, but not consistantly. i was using them for distance before switching back to the wraith. i switched because i couldn't find consistant runs. if you can get ahold of about 10 from the same run then you're set. otherwise, i wouldn't bother. huge distance with the less stable version.

the more stable older version is also a good disc but i never had it in the bag because i have beat spirits for that job.

readysetstab said:
BLURR said:
Clizark said:

flat spirits turn pretty quickly in the air, but after a long vertical flight. they're great for accuracy, probably not the best for distance.
domey spirits do not stay vertical as long and have a much wider turn. they do stay on their backs as long as anything i've seen and are pretty good for distance.
it's good to have a variety. clizark, you should be throwing more domey spirits for thumbers, if those are the characteristics you like. blurr, you should be throwing flatter ones.
i like flat spirits more myself. must be that accuracy crap that people hate ;)

You have never noticed the over flip on Spirits?

You are right it is the accuracy that I hate, and over the years the E Blaze has won that battle time and time again.

over flip? can't say i have. my spirits go where i want them to go so i'm going to say they're awesome. if they sucked then i'd say they suck. they don't work for you. leave it at that.

I had one, it now lives in a damn snow bank at the course down the road. The only difference I found between it and a regular Illusion was that the organic seemed to have better grip. Otherwise the flight path seemed the same.

Most Illusions I've thrown are very overstable, but Dave hooked me up with an Illusion QC where the disc is dipped in water giving it a huge dome, and making it understable. That disc bombs!

Clizark said:
So true........ the domed illusions go pretty far.

Except the 2nd Run Baby Blues. Those were domey as hell, but massively overstable.

The QC were meant to be identical to the 1st Run Baby Blues I believe.