• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

It's tough, I may just have to adjust my grip a little bit to suite the slanted rim. I love the fuse's flight enough to work with it. Normally, I would toss it in the garbage and move on, but the fuse is just so much fun to throw.

I seemed to be having a bit of an issue at league with the grip on my GL and Opto Cores. I wiped them off with my shirt before throwing them and that did the trick for the most part. On one drive though I used a bit of dirt to dry off my hand before throwing and got a huge rip out of it over shooting the basket by about 30 ft.

I've been having a similar issue with some other plastic as well lately, might be time to have a look at a birdie bag.

The orange GLs I've tried have been very nice, not incredibly grippy, but pretty much perfect for a mid.

Holy Glide-A-Moly these Fuse are crazy gliderific!!

I cant wait to get these out to the field more and on to the course. I will have to mirror what everyone else says as these puppies are FUN to throw. Not sure yet if its a Mako killer but I will be fully testing my fuse out for the next few days.

I have a 174 Opto (Pink) and a 176 Gold Line (Mustard Yellow)

disc junkie said:

I cant wait to get these out to the field more and on to the course. I will have to mirror what everyone else says as these puppies are FUN to throw. Not sure yet if its a Mako killer but I will be fully testing my fuse out for the next few days.

let me know when you are done with them. ill buy one

zj1002 said:
disc junkie said:

let me know when you are done with them. ill buy one

Will do :wink: , however even if these dont make the bag I may keep them just for the fun factor of seeing these fly. Seriously they are a modernized Comet in terms of glide.

It will honestly take a lot for me to drop my Mako as I have really been in touch with that disc for a while now, but I am definitely going to be putting these Fuse to the challenge cause I really like the way they feel and fly, I just want to see how they do on the course. I look forward to the time its going to take to dial these in.

Seriously the glide is ridiculous. I imagine these are tailwind bombers

I really like the fuse but just can't really see a reason to drop comets for it and I already have like a million comets.

Frank Delicious said:
I really like the fuse but just can't really see a reason to drop comets for it and I already have like a million comets.
This is the only thing that has kept me from buying one.

Frank Delicious said:
ive got a nice Z comet i'll trade for a fuse :wink:

Frank Delicious said:

hmmmmmm......

NoLifeLeft said:
Frank Delicious said:

I find myself also curious about this disc but I am not sure where it would fit into my bag as I am very happy with the Buzz atm.

CHEERS - Koffee

koffee said:
NoLifeLeft said:
Frank Delicious said:

I find myself also curious about this disc but I am not sure where it would fit into my bag as I am very happy with the Buzz atm.

CHEERS - Koffee

I use a Buzzz as my primary midrange, and they simply will not hold the same lines that a Fuse will right out of the box. The Fuse will also not hold lots of lines that a Buzzz will. These two discs are perfect compliments.

koffee said:
NoLifeLeft said:
Frank Delicious said:

CHEERS - Koffee

totally different discs

I hear ya but it is competing for the same spot that curently is being held by a beat D Buzz. So it would be adding another mold into my bag. That atm im pretty comfortable with.

Shank said:
koffee said:
NoLifeLeft said:
Frank Delicious said:

CHEERS - Koffee

totally different discs

Jesse B 707 said:
well i think i ordered a GL Fuse from Clearwater last night :? :?: got all the way through checkout and clicked confirm but never got any sort of confirmation page (or email) a bit confused

I told them to watch out for people like you. :lol: Seriously though, check your online bank statements to see if it went through.

rooneytunes said:
It's tough, I may just have to adjust my grip a little bit to suite the slanted rim. I love the fuse's flight enough to work with it. Normally, I would toss it in the garbage and move on, but the fuse is just so much fun to throw.

Slanted rim? Almost all mids have slanted rims, and I don't think the Fuse is any more slanted than a Buzzz. Even Ranchos are slanted.

disc junkie said:

The Fuse is everything I wanted the Mako to be, straight, glidey and can handle power. Mako is a good disc but I can't rip on it consistently to save my life. I'd only use it in situations where I need low line throw that handles like a putter, only longer. The Fuse does this much better and a buttload of other things.

discspeed said:
rooneytunes said:

Slanted rim? Almost all mids have slanted rims, and I don't think the Fuse is any more slanted than a Buzzz. Even Ranchos are slanted.
I agree. to be honest I cant even tell the fuse has a slanted rim. If I had t choose between a roc+ and a fuse,id choose the fuse because it feels closer to a roc than the damn roc + does.

anywho,i loves love love the fuse! I've been slowly getting in more rounds with it and I love it every time I throw it. It's so damn fun to see it glide for days! Almost aced a 200ish hole yesterday during dubs.theres a group of trees about 100 feet in front of the teebox with the basket about another 100 behind them . A hug oak tree is right to the left of the basket that's pretty damn tal . I usually go the spike hyzer route.well yesterday I wanted to try the fuse,got up to tee off and threw an easy finesse anny and the thing lifted and held al the way to the tree next to the basket,smacking the tree dead on. A few more feet in front of the tree and ace city!. In short. I luvz the fuse :)