• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

well I just got don testing the fuse in open field and frank is right. This thing can be throw like a roc. It feels great in the hand and glides like a som bitch. I got a lime green 174 opto that has a moderate dome. It's hard to say what spot this will take in the bag but I'm definitely getting some more time with it. It goes faaaar in a tailwind btw. When my rocs were coming up short in a tail,this thing easily passed em. Not a bad thing buut it's def another shot I can add to the arsenal without having to worry about a ceiling for the roc.

Convinced the wife to let me throw some holes with this. I tried to throw it like I throw rocs meaning I didn't worry much about my arm speed and to get it to flex I used some OAT where necessary. It can definitely take some extra umf and even a little OAT without turning and burning. I threw it on a whole bunch of lines, hyzer flip, helix, gentle annies, straight shots, and even flicked it a few times. It preforms pretty well on most of the shots but faded out a little early on a longer anny (310') but held the anny on the shorter ones (270' and 250').

The only thing you have to watch for is head winds. It handles head winds just like comets do.

Mine is opto green, 177 with a moderate dome which is how I like my mids.

discspeed, or anyone else, you still thinking that it could do it all at my altitude? What should I order to cover it? A heavy Opto and heavy GL?

Anyone order more than they care to keep?

Threw the fuse some more today. I had some problems figuring out how much hyzer to put on it to get it to pop up. Sometimes it would pop to flat and sometimes it would hold the hyzer angle. I think it is just a matter of snap at the end.

After tossing the Fuse in the front yard a few times it seems to be a sweet flier with a ton of glide. During limited testing, I did not notice much difference between Gold Line and Opto (weights 166 - 167). From the perspective of someone with less-than-perfect form, the Fuse is definitely more forgiving than the Comet. Forehand worked fine as long as I threw the Fuse like a putter – mostly wrist and fingers with very little arm movement. With its impressive glide, the disc still went a decent distance flicked this way.

I look forward to testing the Fuse on the course. It should shine on straight to right approaches, and on medium-length tunnels when I can't afford a fade. I also suspect that the Fuse will glide forever on downhill throws.

I did find that I needed to dry the disc carefully before throws. The rim is somewhat slanted, and I did have some slips if I tried to throw a wet disc.

got a 177 green opto today, pretty much as advertised by folks here, testing next to a stiff new 178 blue Z comet it flew nearly identical lines but could take a harder throw. really nice disc so far........now if they could put out their new stable mid :mrgreen:

Jesse B 707 said:
got a 177 green opto today, pretty much as advertised by folks here, testing next to a stiff new 178 blue Z comet it flew nearly identical lines but could take a harder throw. really nice disc so far........now if they could put out their new stable mid :mrgreen:

Soon my friend, soon...

man this thing soars in a tail wind. I was throwing it yesterday in 20+mph winds and I threw it on a 200'ish hole and the thing blew by it 60'. Shit was getting all kinds of air bounce .its definitely a nice disc. Once I get it dialed in it's going to be even better.i hate to say this but it might possibly take the spot of my super thrashed og sanny. That roc is about as touchy as a comet. If not more. The fuse just glides for days on in .me likey

Well, I just ordered two Fuse (both 175 one Opto, one GL). Let's see if either one of these can replace my Mako which is not going to be an easy task.

15' wide fairway, mebbe 15' ceiling, 10' drop in elevation. Gentle pull with a little hyzer like the county fair beauty queen tossing flower petals from a parade float and the Fuse goes 260ish dead straight, slow-mo, gently settling into some clover middle of the fairway. Shame the basket was at 235' but I didn't much care. It was just too pretty.

heeeeeeeey uuuuuuuu guuuuuys

post pics of your fuse's . I have a lime green that's nice but wanna check out some of the other colors. I've been seeing the orange GL and it looks tasty.

jeronimo. Post pics of urs. I know you have like 12 :wink:

I thought the GL orange was a little plain/dull at first, but the way it glimmers in the sun is quite impressive. It would be a nightmare if you played somewhere with a lot of orange leaves in the fall.