• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow CPDs. They're alive.

So ppl hate them b/c they don't want to make any minor adjustment, I see...

:rolleyes:

This is the exact reason why I don't like the plus rims. I prefer not to have to adjust. It's the same reason why a lot of people like their discs in the same weight range. I throw the PD religiously and when I throw it, I like for it to feel the same and release the same. For me, the plus-molds come out early almost every time. I have both and for a while mixed both in the bag and found this to almost always be true. I think for me it's also important that from what Discmania says, the discs were not intended and going forward will not be produced in the plus mold, therefore, if I want to throw this disc, why throw it in a mold that most likely will lack continuity. But hey this is just one guys opinion.

Also I'm just curious, what is the big push for Glow PD's anyway?

Is it because you actually want an awesome glow-round driver, or b/c they should be more stable, or what?

I know I'll be getting one or two but it would actually be for night rounds. Curious as to whether ppl think they are supposed to be more stable and such...

For me, I'm excited to have a potentially really overstable disc in a familiar mold. I'm getting turned on just thinking about it.

Cool, so is glow champ plastic from Innova basically always more stable? I really do not know...not trolling I swear.

Cool, so is glow champ plastic from Innova basically always more stable? I really do not know...not trolling I swear.

IDK about Innova but Glow Nukes are less stable than Z Nukes and I'm guessing other Discraft glow discs are also less stable than Z, if Innova's glow is more stable than their Champion I'd be interested to know why.

They won't be any more stable than a normal C unless they cool differently, which could happen in any plastic. Glow plastic is not magically more stable, and the vast majority of runs of all glow discs are the same and sometimes less stable than their standard counterparts. If you play night rounds or want to dye them these are definitely a big victory for you. Personally I can't believe people want a more stable C-PD in the first place. Mine are on the very top end of stability as I want for this mold. If you want a more stable version check out a test-run vulcan top pd. I have a 168 S that flies identical to my max weight C-PD but a hair more stable. There is a good reason they did not choose that configuration, everyone really wants a pd that travels just as straight but fades a little later, not sooner. Especially those of us who don't throw them 400. That is why the P and S lines are so excellent and popular.

PDs don't stay that beefy. Some of us are willing to put in a little work to get a PD that's a little more stable in the sweet spot.

It is pretty silly of you to assume that none of my pd's are heavily used and flying just as I want them to. I smacked that test run around pretty good to get it started.

PDs don't stay that beefy. Some of us are willing to put in a little work to get a PD that's a little more stable in the sweet spot.
:confused:

I take it you've not thrown a test configuration PD for an extended period of time? Certainly sounds that way.

I didn't say Test Config, did I? I was commenting on the "why would anyone want a more overstable PD" rant. I throw First Run S-PDs (and have been since they were released), and they start out beefier than most runs. They're even beefier than 3rd Run C-Lines. When they hit their sweet spot, they're better (for my game) than the other runs because they retain a little more fade. They also last longer than the one non-First Run I beat to death.

Pretty sure the Test Configs are TeeRex tops, not Vulcan tops (considering the PD is two years older than the Vulcan).

I assure you that my 168 Teerex topped S-PD is my most thrown PD so far because it was my first. It is pretty well beat up (there is even a good wedge cut in from a road landing) and it definitely flies straighter than a brand new max weight C I have. I do not desire a max weight C-PD that flies like a max weight Teerex top C-PD though, I already have a nice predator that I bet it would not beat for that slot. If you do want one, I have nothing against that, but I am suprised. I'd rather want my OS mold to be consistently OS from the factory and my stable mold to be consistently stable from the factory instead of not knowing what disc I will get if I order one online. Of course these are just my preferences.

I'm not talking about the Test Configs. Those aren't even PDs as far as I'm concerned. The First Run S-Lines are Anhyzer tops...REAL PDs. They don't fly like the Test Configs. They slot in between the beefcake CFR PDs and the 3rd Run pearly PDs. Not that you've thrown any of these to know how they fly.

Feel free to keep giving your opinion on a different mold than the one being discussed like they're the same though.

yea anyway
i have 2 first run CFR PDs 169 and 175 super flat top, and im not so sure they are more stable than the + rim C lines i already have at these identical weights.

i agree with Tbird, test configurations are not the same disc or a PD. EOD

Oh please, enough of the angling and needling. You were the one who assumed I was too lazy to break in a disc. My original post was about the new Glow C PD's coming out, the topic of this thread. So the test configs aren't real PDs in your opinion, I agree. Sorry to confuse you with your nitpicking approach to reading my posts, I will reword it especially for you. hopefully in a way that you can't skip the central message.

Many people on this thread are hoping the new Glow C PD will be more stable. This suprises me for two reasons. One reason is that instead of hoping one of their favorite discs will be molded very consistently, they prefer to gamble on which PD they are buying, especially if they buy online. This is assuming that glow discs are no more stable than regular discs. Another reason is that in my experience with the many C PDs in my local disc golf community, they were all overstable when thrown 350' brand new and could only be considered straight flying when thrown low.

I assure you that my 168 Teerex topped S-PD is my most thrown PD so far because it was my first. It is pretty well beat up (there is even a good wedge cut in from a road landing) and it definitely flies straighter than a brand new max weight C I have. I do not desire a max weight C-PD that flies like a max weight Teerex top C-PD though, I already have a nice predator that I bet it would not beat for that slot. If you do want one, I have nothing against that, but I am surprised. I'd rather want my OS mold to be consistently OS from the factory and my stable mold to be consistently stable from the factory instead of not knowing what disc I will get if I order one online. Of course these are just my preferences.
Oh please, enough of the angling and needling. You were the one who assumed I was too lazy to break in a disc. My original post was about the new Glow C PD's coming out, the topic of this thread. So the test configs aren't real PDs in your opinion, I agree. Sorry to confuse you with your nitpicking approach to reading my posts, I will reword it especially for you. hopefully in a way that you can't skip the central message.
Nitpicking? Your entire post referenced your experience with your Test Config. That's not nitpicking, that's reading comprehension. Consistency isn't something that any manufacturer can boast. While you'd rather throw a different mold for each slot in your bag, I'd rather find one mold that I can season across the stability ranges. I make the inconsistency work for me. You're working on a never-ending quest. Two very different approaches to the game.

Many people on this thread are hoping the new Glow C PD will be more stable. This surprises me for two reasons. One reason is that instead of hoping one of their favorite discs will be molded very consistently, they prefer to gamble on which PD they are buying, especially if they buy online. This is assuming that glow discs are no more stable than regular discs. Another reason is that in my experience with the many C PDs in my local disc golf community, they were all overstable when thrown 350' brand new and could only be considered straight flying when thrown low.
Since you missed my meaning in my post that started all this, I'll restate it. I want a beefier PD because they (for me) have a better sweet spot. I don't want a beefy Glow C-Line. I want a money Glow C-Line in its sweet spot. That won't happen if they aren't beefy. Again, working with the inconsistency.

Mmm, mmm good! Hopefully they'll have a little extra beef.

I lost my only 3rd Run in West Virginia over the holidays and didn't want to give my first born for another one.

Mmm, mmm good! Hopefully they'll have a little extra beef.

I lost my only 3rd Run in West Virginia over the holidays and didn't want to give my first born for another one.

I hear that. I have a sweet twisted flyer-stamped pearly 3rd run C-PD that is the bees knees...want a stack of these glows fo' sho.

Latest posts