• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow CPDs. They're alive.

Nitpicking? Your entire post referenced your experience with your Test Config. That's not nitpicking, that's reading comprehension. Consistency isn't something that any manufacturer can boast. While you'd rather throw a different mold for each slot in your bag, I'd rather find one mold that I can season across the stability ranges. I make the inconsistency work for me. You're working on a never-ending quest. Two very different approaches to the game.

When I was referring to the test config I was simply referring to an extra overstable PD. I had never considered deeming them as a different mold altogether because mine flies -extremely- similarly to a PD. I am not picky nor am I the disc connoisseur that you are. I have simply had the opportunity to throw many PDs because they are popular in my circle.

Once again you assume too much. I personally am not on any disc quest. I am very happy with every disc in my bag, and all of them are standard current production. I don't attempt to identify or seek out older discs or certain runs. If one of my discs happens to be more overstable from the factory or get beat in enough to become less stable to some point, I may cut a disc from my bag if it fills that roll less effectively. Personally I think the quest to fill many slots with one disc just as silly as the quest to fill every slot with a different disc. Both of those situations coexist in my bag because I don't try to over engineer my bag. I already have a bag that suits every shot I need well at the moment, so I only cut a discs that provides no benefit and replace say my stable teebird that hit one too many trees with a new one. I desire precision because it may save me some time and money when I order a new one online and I get some freak that is far too stable or understable for my preference in that slot. Although no brand is very consistent, precision is something that should be strived for in my opinion.

Since you missed my meaning in my post that started all this, I'll restate it. I want a beefier PD because they (for me) have a better sweet spot. I don't want a beefy Glow C-Line. I want a money Glow C-Line in its sweet spot. That won't happen if they aren't beefy. Again, working with the inconsistency.

I am still surpised you want a beefier C PD. Sadly I am not suprised that you and many others think there is a decent chance that this Glow run will somehow be more stable.

well from my experience glow discs are more stable/overstable. out of my collection i'll just list which ones are more stable than the production champ counterparts.

champ boss = way more stable in glow
champ tbrid = way more stable in glow
champ mako = more stable in glow
champ TL = more stable in glow
champ archon = more stable in glow

Surprised? Why? Beefier PDs suit my game better. Nothing to be surprised about...

What you said about how you fill your bag is exactly what I described.

More stable than what? Manufacturers are inconsistent. In that inconsistency comes discs with differing stabilities. We're hoping that this round of inconsistency brings more overstable PDs. Are you trying to turn this into another one of your "glow isn't more stable" crusades? Take that tired crap elsewhere.

Last edited:
This is an internet forum, I can post my crap anywhere I choose as long as it's relevant, and this is relevant. If you don't want to hear it, I don't know what to tell you. I throw the PD a lot and like it. If I was newer to the game I would probably see this thread and might buy one thinking it is more stable and be confused if it is the same or less stable. The issue clearly isn't tired enough in my opinion, there appears to be no consensus or understanding at all. On every glow thread some new guy pops up and claims something about glow making a disc more stable but can't explain why. Many respond that it makes no difference, Many say that glow is generally more stable. Some people are confused, asking everyone what the fact of the matter is. I would like to resolve the issue so the misinformation stops flowing and when someone on a thread in the future is about to spread more misinformation some posters can correct them. If some new guy who doesn't know about glow discs sees one of my posts in one of these glow threads, of which there have been numerous, they will think twice about the rumors that glow discs being more stable. Hopefully that makes them wait and see until some people post on this thread about the results of this particular run.

The problem with your "cause" is that half of your posts read along the lines of "in my opinion", "in my experience", "as far as I can tell". You're pushing an argument that is based on your opinion, not fact. You're as unsure of glow's effect on stability (or not) as the people you're trying to discredit yet you take up the cause like you're the savior of bad glow information.

I don't possess grandiose delusions or a "cause". Are you quoting yourself or just being condescending? This is obviously not very serious. Arguing about glow is just a thing I often deem worthy to post on this forum, which I use to pass time. Everyone's posts about this are in their opinion and/or in their experience. but not everyone has the sense to say so. They just publish it as if it were fact. I am being honest in saying I don't know the facts, nobody does. A few people have glow discs that are more stable, a few have some that are equal, a few have some that are less stable, yet people talk about their more stable glows very often and groupthink cements it. Yes, I am arguing my opinion and experience against theirs' because my experiences differ and the common argument that glow discs are more stable is illogical.

I'm sorry but you guys made this whole experience of these coming out very lame. Damn it's like a highschool hallway up in here.

indoor-cats-fighting.jpg

Sorry for getting defensive, should have argued in private chat. For whatever reason glow talk always makes me want to instigate an argument. Here is my speculation about the disc, it's going to glow in the dark, be good for dyes, and fly nice. If I ever get into dark golf I'll have to find one of these. Do you charge a glow disc with a camera flash or what? What would you dye on a disc called the freak? Probably me lol.

I'm sorry but you guys made this whole experience of these coming out very lame. Damn it's like a highschool hallway up in here.

Amen. It's a shame you have to explain why your excited about a new disc introduction. We're excited because we're excited. If you ask me my opinion, based on my experience, glo discs from Innova/Discmania fly a bit more stable. May not be true for all discs. I for one, hope in this case, that holds true...let's try this again...Reboot...So I heard a rumor that some Glo PDs were in the works. Is this true?

I'm hoping straight to regular production. No fr cfr or any of that..I want them in my shop and in my hands ASAP! :D

Sorry for getting defensive, should have argued in private chat. For whatever reason glow talk always makes me want to instigate an argument. Here is my speculation about the disc, it's going to glow in the dark, be good for dyes, and fly nice. If I ever get into dark golf I'll have to find one of these. Do you charge a glow disc with a camera flash or what? What would you dye on a disc called the freak? Probably me lol.

black light flashlight

well from my experience glow discs are more stable/overstable. out of my collection i'll just list which ones are more stable than the production champ counterparts.

champ boss = way more stable in glow
champ tbrid = way more stable in glow
champ mako = more stable in glow
champ TL = more stable in glow
champ archon = more stable in glow

roc and wizard, no so much.

was considering getting a mako for glow, used to throw one, as a md2 thrower how does it compair? should i splurge the 15$ or keep taping glo bracelets to the C line.

roc and wizard, no so much.

was considering getting a mako for glow, used to throw one, as a md2 thrower how does it compair? should i splurge the 15$ or keep taping glo bracelets to the C line.

well the roc and wizard aren't champ plastic.

the glow makos aren't as stable as a new CMD2, probably more similar to a broken in one. personally i never really liked the flight of the glow makos, doesn't hold annys as well as a star mako, doesn't hold hyzers as well as a md2 and it doesn't do straight to well either cuz it has some fade on it.

maybe if you broke one in really good it'd be nice. go get some LED's to tape to your MD2.

well the roc and wizard aren't champ plastic.

The recent Evo Glow Wizards are more stable than other Wizards. I will admit my baseline glows are no different than my other baselines.

As for Rocs, why do people seek out Kenny Glows again?