• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Go with the FLOW

Ryan C said:
They power down better than a Nuke, but I personally see no reason to power down a max distance disc. That's what my PDs are for.
I'd rather power down a max distance driver than throw a tweener disc, but I know I'm in the minority on DGR.

Ryan C said:
I think after some more throws I'm going to pass on this disc. I really wanted to love it. The wing is definitely more comfortable than my Nuke's, and the glide is undeniably excellent. Its just simply not any longer, or any more controllable for me. Sadly, I do not have an infinite supply of the Nukes I like, but I have enough that I'm confident to stick with them.

I really think my Flows must be abnormally flippy for 175g Optos, becuase they seem closer to a Valkyrie or a Roadrunner in stability. They power down better than a Nuke, but I personally see no reason to power down a max distance disc. That's what my PDs are for. Anyway, if these have made a legitimate improvement in your control and distance, beyond a simple burst of enthusiasm for a new disc, then more power to you. For me, I'd say there is a lot better out there.

Get out of my brain. Me thoughts exactly

Ryan C said:
The wing is definitely more comfortable than my Nuke's, and the glide is undeniably excellent. Its just simply not any longer, or any more controllable for me.
Ryan C said:
For me, I'd say there is a lot better out there.

The glide is awesome, the grip is more comfortable and it's as long and controllable as other stuff out there, but there's a lot better out there?
Huh?

I don't really see the Flow as the best disc for high powered players with enough control to throw consistent drives at 100 percent power. The Destroyer, Wraith, etc are all better suited for those players if you ask me.

I, however, don't have the consistency in my form to throw speed-sensitive drivers. I throw best when at 90 percent or so, which is where the Flow excels.

I love my PDs. For shots where I need dead-straight with a reliable fade, they'll still make my bag. But if the hole allows for some left to right play, or doesn't allow for the PDs fade, the Flow is coming out.

If I had to choose only one though, I think it would be the Flow. 3 of the last 4 S-PDs I've had were meathooks when new. The Flow does what it does straight out of the box.

Jeronimo said:
Ryan C said:
The wing is definitely more comfortable than my Nuke's, and the glide is undeniably excellent. Its just simply not any longer, or any more controllable for me.
Ryan C said:
For me, I'd say there is a lot better out there.

The glide is awesome, the grip is more comfortable and it's as long and controllable as other stuff out there, but there's a lot better out there?
Huh?

Roc Lover said:
for him, there might be

This is exactly what I meant. I think this disc may really help someone else. And I also didn't quite say "its as long and controllable." I said "its no more long and controllable." For me its a little shorter and a little more squirelly.

it flat out bombs for me, i'll be happy to take any throwback Flows........got plenty to trade

how does the flow campare to the rogue? i know it is faster but do they hit similar lines?

If I were gonna choose a disc to dance with, believe me, a Flow would be way up the list. Its just the way they fly that I'm not crazy about.

I want to like the Flow, but in the limited throwing I've done so far, it's just not much more than my PD's for me and not quite as consistent. I think it is a disc I will eventually grow into more in time. I just don't think I'm right for it yet. I did just de-flash my Opto, but I've yet to try it since. I might also try a lower weight and see what difference that makes.

so the flow was pissing me off some tonight. its really finicky , i got good rips with it but sometimes it just tanked out of the air and didnt come out of the turn like it usually does. it wasnt that windy, maybe 6mph. i want to like it but i dont think its gonna replace my sb orcs. if my sb orcs had the glide this does, man i wouldnt think of the flow at all.but we'll seee

I doubt it will,it got super stiff lastnight in the cold and my optos were gummy to begin with. I could try to tune my goldline as that would probably hold a tune better

My GL is super stiff because of the cold. Couldn't tune it if I tried. Even when it warms up it's pretty stiff.

If anyone's got a heavy Opto with the flash in tact that they're looking to trade, hit me up. Not committed to it enough to buy one but I'd give up some plastic for it.

I am on the Flow bandwagon because I like the idea of a max D driver with a SMALLER rim. That's what makes it different from all these flavor of the week drivers that have been coming out with bigger and bigger rims, none of which I've tried after the Destroyer. The Flow may or may not be the final answer, I'm not sure, but at the very least, it's a step in the right direction.

Here in good ol' FL the cold isn't as much of an issue :) I'll try to tune mine anyway although I do normally throw hyzer flip drives for big D but it sounds like head wind shots are out with either the gl or ol flow if you can throw ~400' +.

emiller3 said:
I am on the Flow bandwagon because I like the idea of a max D driver with a SMALLER rim. That's what makes it different from all these flavor of the week drivers that have been coming out with bigger and bigger rims
My point exactly!

kcantrell said:
Here in good ol' FL the cold isn't as much of an issue :)
Damn you americans with your beaches and palmtrees!

Well it IS NORTH FL! :)
I like the idea of a smaller rim too. I max out at just over 400' on a good drive with a Katana or Nuke but I can throw my Surges and Valk almost every bit as far and I find them easier to control. Crossing my fingers on the Flow. Should get my first ones (a gl and an ol) today in the mail. We will see.

Latest posts