• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Go with the FLOW

discspeed said:
Jeronimo said:
emiller3 said:
I bought a 171 blue Gold Line. This is the first max D driver I've tried since the Destroyer (I've erased my month with the Groove from my memory), I'm pretty excited to see what it does.

Snap it hard and throw it flat.

It needs to have enough spin on it for it to fly like magic. Don't strong arm it, just make sure it gets a decent rip off your pivot finger(s).

Before you do that, deflash the damn thing...Like some Halos, these can seem quite overstable (especially for people throwing less than 400') with the flash (like that Ryan :wink: ).
I don't deflash my Pro Destroyers, I find uses for the initial overstability (forehand shots, big hyzers, max D on a flat release) until it beats in. Do you think the GL Flow with the flash is going to be more overstable than a Pro Destroyer to start with? My hope is that it's a little less overstable to start with.

i picked up 6 flo today for my buddy and i.

2 - GL Royal Blue Swirl - 170g
1 - GL Bright Yellow Swirl - 171g
1 - GL Silver Swirl - 172G
2 - OL Yellow - 171G

cant wait to throw these babies!

discspeed said:
Jeronimo said:
emiller3 said:
I bought a 171 blue Gold Line. This is the first max D driver I've tried since the Destroyer (I've erased my month with the Groove from my memory), I'm pretty excited to see what it does.

Snap it hard and throw it flat.

It needs to have enough spin on it for it to fly like magic. Don't strong arm it, just make sure it gets a decent rip off your pivot finger(s).

Before you do that, deflash the damn thing...Like some Halos, these can seem quite overstable (especially for people throwing less than 400') with the flash (like that Ryan :wink: ).

Ha, thanks man.

Solty said:

2 - OL Yellow - 171G

The GL Flow I got was that Royal Blue Swirl at 170g. I swear that it almost looks like some kind of regal dark blue looking mother of pearl. It is amazingly sexy looking. Earlier in the year I got an Aqua GL Halo that had the same mother of pearl effect, but not quite as beautifully. The Royal Blue GL Flow is a work of art.

ForeverBlue232 said:
Solty said:

2 - OL Yellow - 171G

The GL Flow I got was that Royal Blue Swirl at 170g. I swear that it almost looks like some kind of regal dark blue looking mother of pearl. It is amazingly sexy looking. Earlier in the year I got an Aqua GL Halo that had the same mother of pearl effect, but not quite as beautifully. The Royal Blue GL Flow is a work of art.
Post a pic! I gotta wait like a week before I get the same thing in from discgolfcenter. I have a Royal Blue/Metallic Blue Fuse that I'm guessing looks the same.

Here's my 171g GL Flow.

IMG00105-20101117-2100.jpg

That thing looks totally amazing! I like mine to be without glitter, marble, swirl, or similar. Just plain colour. But as a piece of jewelry ...wow!

The GL plastic is hands down the nicest looking plastic on the market, i still prefer most discs in opto for throwing though

Got one goldline and one opto, wasn't very impressed. It did have a lot of glide, but it flew slow compared to other drives with its rim width. The huge dome makes it uncomfortable to throw. Just another disc in my book. That is all just my opinion.

rusch_bag said:
Got one goldline and one opto, wasn't very impressed. It did have a lot of glide, but it flew slow compared to other drives with its rim width. The huge dome makes it uncomfortable to throw. Just another disc in my book. That is all just my opinion.

you better be careful... them's fightin' wurds!

:wink:

It didn't occur to me until just now. The Flow looks and feels almost identical to a Flash. I held up my Team Z-Flash to it and two real slight differences between them. I may have to hit the practice field tomorrow with these two. I mainly throw the flash right now. Would like to compare the two side by side.

Jeronimo said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is that a green gold line Halo??? DO WANT! SELLPLZ.

It's more of an aqua blue kind of color. It does look more greenish in that pic than in real life. I got it as a replacement for one just like it that I lost after only a couple throws. I got both of them at CDGS. Actually right now on the front page of DGC, they have the exact Halo I've got pictured. They call the color Teal and they have a couple of them in stock it looks like.

Roc Lover said:
The GL plastic is hands down the nicest looking plastic on the market, i still prefer most discs in opto for throwing though

Aren't we lucky that i pitched the ideas of several people here of using several colors not usually seen in nature to facilitate finding discs to Tomas at Tali Open 2009 and that he/Latitude64 staff listened and implemented the ideas of gold,silver,pink and dayglo colors and bling bling in general? That is exemplary business practice there so i have no trouble supporting a company that listens to the customers.

Latest posts