• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Go with the FLOW

shit shit shit! I've had the flow for almost a week now and hadn't had the chance to throw it! And now when it seems like it's going to be a replacement for my destros that sometimes I lose touch with, or just act funny when throw, I'm itching to order more even though I haven't tried it yet...

Gotta get up early tomorrow and go throw a few tosses and hope I can find the thing after that.

Turso if it makes you feel better I took mine to a field and threw it right into some brush and poof on my third throw it disappeared

Hiking is just walking where its ok to pee

discspeed can you compare the HSS/LSS of the both opto and goldline to a S-PD? i know the pd's range quite a bit, i have a yellow, 172, S-PD that is really straight for me and i would hate to buy the opto flow if it's too stable.

After I removed the flash on the Opto Flow, it lost some h.s.s and became quite similar to Rogue/Surge SS, but with even better glide. Now it spends a lot of airtime going sideways instead of straight. Too much sideways action and it lose distance. I think Destroyer will go farther for me now, but I've been looking for a specific s-disc, and I think I may have found it in Flow.

Spike said:
After I removed the flash on the Opto Flow, it lost some h.s.s and became quite similar to Rogue/Surge SS, but with even better glide. Now it spends a lot of airtime going sideways instead of straight. Too much sideways action and it lose distance. I think Destroyer will go farther for me now, but I've been looking for a specific s-disc, and I think I may have found it in Flow.

Just throw it with a little hyzer and it will fly straight without turning over.

bill said:
discspeed can you compare the HSS/LSS of the both opto and goldline to a S-PD? i know the pd's range quite a bit, i have a yellow, 172, S-PD that is really straight for me and i would hate to buy the opto flow if it's too stable.

If you are worried about it being too stable, get a Goldline, it's definitely the least stable of the two. Obviously the Flow is a little more speed sensitive, but I would compare the Opto (I only have heavies) to a seasoned regular S-PD, or a newish champy star S-PD in terms of HSS and LSS. The Goldline is more like a P-PD...When I throw it hard it flips and does not come back, but with some touch/hyzer it flips up and flies very straight.

Keep in mind that when I talk about this disc I'm throwing it with 400' of power, but I'm also probably throwing the most stable incarnations of the disc (heavy and domey). I think lighter weight(170) GL Flows would probably work for 350' throwers.

bill said:

I would get the GoldLine. I got one of each and really like the GoldLine. Don't really care for the Opto. The opto I have flies just like my Z-Force that I have in my bag.

As for the GoldLine Flow, it might surpass the Assassin as the easiest disc I have thrown over 400. It seemed effortless yesterday.

Anyone try them at varied weights?

If I like my Rivers 3-5gr heavier than my PDs, does this have any bearing on my Flow sample?

Here's a breakdown of the Optos that we got in:

Pink 166-169
Blue 170-171
Clear 172-173
Pink 175

There are a couple of transition colors, particularly between blue/clear. I have one between pink/clear. I would have liked to try the 172-173, but I don't like throwing clear discs.

I haven't thrown a new Mirus in a while, as mine are in 8/10 condition these days, but I would say the Mirus flips more and fades harder. I truly believe that the distance I'm acheiving out of the Flow is due to the minimal HSS and how long it takes for it to fade out. The two don't really even feel similar in the hand because of the more gradual dome on the Flow. The Mirus has that flat spot for your thumb before it slopes up to the 64 dome. That, and the rim of the Mirus makes pretty much an acute angle which is kind of weird in the hand.

I bought a 171 blue Gold Line. This is the first max D driver I've tried since the Destroyer (I've erased my month with the Groove from my memory), I'm pretty excited to see what it does.

emiller3 said:
I bought a 171 blue Gold Line. This is the first max D driver I've tried since the Destroyer (I've erased my month with the Groove from my memory), I'm pretty excited to see what it does.

Snap it hard and throw it flat.

It needs to have enough spin on it for it to fly like magic. Don't strong arm it, just make sure it gets a decent rip off your pivot finger(s).

Jeronimo said:
emiller3 said:

It needs to have enough spin on it for it to fly like magic. Don't strong arm it, just make sure it gets a decent rip off your pivot finger(s).

Before you do that, deflash the damn thing...Like some Halos, these can seem quite overstable (especially for people throwing less than 400') with the flash (like that Ryan :wink: ).

discspeed said:

Pink 166-169
Blue 170-171
Clear 172-173
Pink 175

There are a couple of transition colors, particularly between blue/clear. I have one between pink/clear. I would have liked to try the 172-173, but I don't like throwing clear discs.

I thought the website only showed the 170 as the lightest
I got my Opto but I am considering a GL
did you guys gets GL in the 166-169 range as well?

discspeed said:
Jeronimo said:
emiller3 said:

Before you do that, deflash the damn thing...Like some Halos, these can seem quite overstable (especially for people throwing less than 400') with the flash (like that Ryan :wink: ).

I gotta check my back ups for flashing, the one I started throwing immediately didn't appear to have any.

ManU said:
discspeed said:

Pink 166-169
Blue 170-171
Clear 172-173
Pink 175

I thought the website only showed the 170 as the lightest
I got my Opto but I am considering a GL
did you guys gets GL in the 166-169 range as well?

I'm pretty sure that we got 2 sub 170 GLs, but sold them immediately.

Latest posts