• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
After toting around my LE Silverback for a few months, this is a really amazing bag. I'm not even missing a larger pocket. I really do recommend this to everyone.

victorb said:
dgdave said:
Anyone here order an LE Silverback?

no, but I'm incredibly tempted to do so. still kicking myself for selling my camo silverback earlier this year :(

I dont remember for sure but it may have been you I got my Silverback from. A Camo Silverback with Roc and LSDisc patches. If it is the bag I got from you any interest in getting it back?

just finished up order 831....

tomorrow I will be starting on the rebirth of the Simian, so for those of you on here that have ordered a Simian and your order number 832 or higher your Simian is going to be different than in the pictures on my store... the Sim will still retain all features I'm just making some changes to the straps,making the sides pockets taller, and possibly adding another pocket else where on the bag, and maybe some minor tweaks on the look of the Sim.....

any thoughts or ideas on some thing I could maybe add to the Sim?

gorillaboy said:
just finished up order 831....

tomorrow I will be starting on the rebirth of the Simian, so for those of you on here that have ordered a Simian and your order number 832 or higher your Simian is going to be different than in the pictures on my store... the Sim will still retain all features I'm just making some changes to the straps,making the sides pockets taller, and possibly adding another pocket else where on the bag, and maybe some minor tweaks on the look of the Sim.....

any thoughts or ideas on some thing I could maybe add to the Sim?
the bottle holders have got to make their way off of the pockets, after mine stretched out a bit there was way too much sag. Giant collapsible pockets would be f-ing awesome also. Id also like to see the straps re-designed and beefed up a bit. Other than those the biggest thing i would address would be re-designing the putter pockets to include a rain flap

yes its holds a water bladder yet and I design it with a hole at the top of the pocket to run a hose out of and the bladder hangs by some velcro that loops through the plastic color on the bladder.

I put molle straps on the out side of the side pockets and some on the inside and theres still the mesh pocket on the inside of the side pocket.

and the putter spots are still in the same spot which is why the side pockets come up at the angle like that.

it can also do the whole umbrella trick of holding it up while open and wearing it with the umbrella being used.

I added a zipper opening on the from bottom so now you can access under the discs better and use that space ot the bottom of the bag to store stuff.

I still might change one or two things but this is for the most part how the re-evolved sim is gonna look now ;)

well hopefully I can get some orders kicked out this week! got the first sim done in the new style now and that one will be going out in the mail soon! (#832)

and I'm gonna throw this out here because for some reason it seams a LOT of people do not realize this and seem to start getting worried after a few days of not getting a notice that there bag has shipped or not.... so here it is to try and cover some FAQ...

Q:"I ordered it cause it said "in stock" so I thought I would get it right away"
A:"in stock" on my store means I have the parts cut out for that bag and its ready to be sewn together.

Q:"why is my order still just "processing"?
A:it is still processing because I make all the bags and I do not out source any of the work. and I have become very popular and am usually about 30 to 50 orders behind now, there is a rough guess of 4-6 weeks for you bag to be made and shipped.

Q:is there a tracking number?
A:yes there is. once I send out the bag and it gets into the USPS system you will receive an email from the USPS with a tracking number for your package. it typically takes about 3-4 business days for delivery once the order has been shipped

Q: I thought you were a big corporation or some thing like that...
A: nope... I am one guy who loves disc golf and took a skill I had and created some thing for the sport I love so much! I run out of my parents basement and barely have enough room to move around down there any more but I do what I can to get things done.

well hopefully this helps some out that don't know how I work... and for those of you who do know and are helping spread the word about the bags I make please be sure to let people know that I actually make the bags myself!

easy mode for pic viewing
Frankensim1.jpg

Frankensim2.jpg

http://www.gorilla-boy.com/images/Simian/Frankensim3.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.gorilla-boy.com/images/Simian/Frankensim4.jpg
looks pretty solid Chris, so putter pockets are gone entirely now?......im sure im just missing something......maybe over on that side of the bag that's not detailed in the pics?
EDIT: oh i see them now......put some rain flaps on them shits :wink:

Even if there are no putter pockets, you could probably fit putters in either of those side pockets. They look ginormous.

the putters still go in the same spot they did before.. I havent been able to figure out a good design for a rain flap to cover the putters yet... trust me Ive sat and thought about it a LOT!

For our anniversary (6 years), my wife just asked me if she could get me "that bag you have wanted". I looked on the Gboy site and saw the wait time and I hesitated. I checked other bags of note on various sites and decided that these are going to be worth the wait. My great wife will be pulling the trigger on a kelly green Chimp when she gets home from work today. I just like the business model and all the positive reviews too much to sway at this point...I'll wait it out!

In regards to washing GB bags:

I had my Spider Monkey sitting on the floor of the basement next to my practice basket, and our basement flooded overnight :-x
Luckily it was only an inch or two of rain water, but I felt like I should rinse it out just to be safe. I realize bags get dirty/wet sometimes, but I didn't want it to mildew or smell nasty. I just took the frame out, and gave it a good rinse in the sink. Should it be good to go? Should I be concerned about the insulation in the drink holder being waterlogged?

I would think it would be fine. The air is still really dry and any moisture in that bag is gonna get sucked out. Bummer about the flooding, water can be such a b**ch.