• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
what'shisname said:
time to quit the day job?

I havent been at the day job since Jan 1st of this year...still technicaly employed tho :) well ok Ive been at work this year for a total of 3 weeks and been payed for six weeks using up my vacation...done every thing else I cud to not be there tho and just been living on thebag biz and dealing with life....

gorillaboy said:
what'shisname said:

I havent been at the day job since Jan 1st of this year...still technicaly employed tho :) well ok Ive been at work this year for a total of 3 weeks and been payed for six weeks using up my vacation...done every thing else I cud to not be there tho and just been living on thebag biz and dealing with life....

Better start pumping out more kids then and get them stitching!

what'shisname said:
gorillaboy said:
what'shisname said:

Better start pumping out more kids then and get them stitching!

gunna have to find a new wife for that....thus my life dealings Ive had this year, silly girls.....and funny enough "new vagina" by bloodhound gang is playing on my head set right now...go figure

I've used this for about 5 rounds and I'm really enjoying this bag. I had a Silverback for a while and I honestly like this one more. I also forget how muchI like having a full size bag (I've been rocking a crunch for about 5 months).

Here are some of the upgrades from the Silverback-
:two layers of 1060 ballistic nylon on the bottom
:also put 1060 ballistic nylon on the bottom of the drink holders and the side zipper pockets
:made the bag 1 inch taller
:key clip inside the left zipper pocket
:added pockets inside the side pockets
:added a pocket inside the front zipper pocket
:put the Simian wings on the back for the 4 point hook ups for quads which also have some really nice D rings instead of just webbing to hook to..the wings also tuck away and hide if you feel like using a normal strap with the bag
:the frame consist of two 9 inch long 1 1/2 inch pvc pipes and two plastic corogate boards and is free floating
: the divider is made of cordura and velcros into place and is padded

The key clip and extra pockets I like much more than anticipated. I never though I had a need for these, but since I started using them, I see why people like them so much. One of my favorite things is the added height. It just a personal prefedrence thing, but thas one thing that always got me about GB bags was that the tops of the discs came out about an inch or so. Just bothered me for some reason. The frame is also a great idea. The rails and sides don't attach. They are held in place by the discs. It's like a floating bridge on a guitar. I had some concerns about it when I first got the bag, but those are gone. The wings for quad hook ups are great. It makes quads way more comfy for tubbies like myself.

The cons on the bag are what I've had with all the bags and are mostly just personal preference. I'd like a big pocket for stuff like a hoodie or a jacket. I wear 2-3x andI can't put a hoodie anywhere. I ca fit a long sleeve dri fit in the side pocket fine, just nothing with any hickness. In Oklahoma, you can start a round and it is 30 degrees and by the time you finish its in the 70s. Also, I'd like to see heavy duty YKK type zippers, especially since this is a LE bag. The zippers GB uses work totally fine, I just like the heavy duty ones better. The last thing would be thicker or more dense padding on the back and strap(or make the strap wider). Just make them more comfy.

All of the good out weigh the cons by a ton. All the cons are just a preference thing, so not really cons. This is the best bag that GB has to offer if you don't plan on lugging around 25-30 discs. I am very pleased with this bag. And oh yeah, the colors are HOTTTTTT!

A Gorilla just whipered in my ear that the frame design is better than I originally thought. Since the PVC is free floating the weight of the discs is spread out evenly across the bottom instead of it all pulling at the corners of the frame making the bottom of the bag last longer and reducing the wear on the corners where bags usually rub through.

Genius!

I object to the Spider Monkey being in the "Primate Series." They aren't primates. :|

There are plenty of primates left to choose from though, I suggest Bonobos for example. :D

I'll gladly accept a bag for pointing out this egregious error that was surely costing you business from zoology and primatology minded dg'ers. 8)

I added 24 Silverbacks to the store today......and they are all gonna be in the newer style with changes and upgrades that I used in the LE Silverbacks....
there are gonna be some differences though from the LE runs to the standard runs...but for the most part there the same..biggest difference is gonna be that the standard run of Silverbacks is only gonna have the single layer of ballistic like it always has and the quad hook ups wont have a slot to tuck them into if your just using a single strap

other than those two things there pretty much gonna be the same...and there is probably gonna be a price change coming up this next year since theres more matierial and time into each bag with these changes...but for now I'm gonna leave my prices where there at

gorillaboy said:
I added 24 Silverbacks to the store today......and they are all gonna be in the newer style with changes and upgrades that I used in the LE Silverbacks....
there are gonna be some differences though from the LE runs to the standard runs...but for the most part there the same..biggest difference is gonna be that the standard run of Silverbacks is only gonna have the single layer of ballistic like it always has and the quad hook ups wont have a slot to tuck them into if your just using a single strap

other than those two things there pretty much gonna be the same...and there is probably gonna be a price change coming up this next year since theres more matierial and time into each bag with these changes...but for now I'm gonna leave my prices where there at

What colors are these silverbacks?

Any tweaks planned for the Kong? I'm thinking about retiring my 2 1/2 year old silverback(which is still in great shape) and wouldn"t mind just a bit bigger bag.

yes I plan on "tweaking" the design of all my bags...and it will happen one design at a time the next time each design needs to be cut out again.

If the Chimp had a slightly expandable side pocket (the big one), I'd buy another one even though mine is still pretty new. And I'd never buy another bag.

Woohoo, Santa delivered me a spider monkey bag and a new putter this morning!
5290845483_0d217e5c94_z.jpg

5290847875_3303638cac_z.jpg

5291452916_398c375d9e_z.jpg

Can't wait to use it... I've never had a bag before, I've always used an old backpack. :D

Thank you, I got to use it yesterday and it's way better than using a backpack. It's perfect for playing by myself and if anybody goes with me I just hand them my backpack and let them use that, so now I'm not the group caddy anymore either. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it's the greatest bag I've ever used. :wink: