• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
josser said:
Without search working, 126 pages of this is a lot to look through so I will straight up ask about the waterproofness of the Simian. Is the bottom waterproof? How about the top pillow thing for the seat? Is there a raincover or do you basically need to have a big umbrella with you if you want to use this bag in wet times?

I wouldn't call the Sim "waterproof", but it does perform really well in the rain. If you're gonna be playing in the rain, you'll want an umbrella, but I think that'd be the case no matter how waterproof your bag is. One real advantage of the Sim in wet weather is the way the discs are arranged. By being stacked vertically, and in the upper portion of the bag, you don't get a lot of rain coming down on your discs like you do in traditional bags. Also, a big bonus of the bag being close to your back, you don't have to worry about water running off your umbrella right into your bag (always a bummer.) Another perk is that because the backpack is free standing, your quads/straps won't fall into the mud and get stepped on (also, always a bummer.)

If you haven't seen the bag mods thread, I waterproofed the bottom of mine with some bed liner stuff to keep water from wicking up from the ground. I'm definitely happy with the results, but with the Sim, it's arguably less beneficial than with other bags, since the discs don't get wet from the bottom up anyway.

The one drawback I'd say is that there's no rain flap for the putters. Honestly though, it hasn't been much of an issue, especially since the Sim stays covered well underneath a decent umbrella.

Quick question, the putter pockets, how good/bad are they? If I put two discs in there can I take one out and the other not be loose and want to fall out? If I only put one in can it still fit snug?

Dut said:
Quick question, the putter pockets, how good/bad are they? If I put two discs in there can I take one out and the other not be loose and want to fall out? If I only put one in can it still fit snug?

with the simian...the putter pocket is adjustable...with me carrying two wizards in a pocket....its a piece of cake getting putters in and out...

wise decision on the bag....i own the same one :)

Just as an addendum to my comments about the Sim in the weather, I played 2 very soggy rounds today, in a torrential downpour at times, and my gear stayed pretty much dry as a bone. The seat got wet, and my bottle holder that didn't have a bottle in it collected a little water. Besides that though, all nice n' dry. :D

some call me...tim? said:
Just as an addendum to my comments about the Sim in the weather, I played 2 very soggy rounds today, in a torrential downpour at times, and my gear stayed pretty much dry as a bone. The seat got wet, and my bottle holder that didn't have a bottle in it collected a little water. Besides that though, all nice n' dry. :D

you know...one lil trick i did is i found a long stick...think broom stick....cut down,..and trapped to my umbrella...and stick it down one of the putter pockets....and it worked like a charm. Kept everything quite dry!

Just an idea..

Solty said:

you know...one lil trick i did is i found a long stick...think broom stick....cut down,..and trapped to my umbrella...and stick it down one of the putter pockets....and it worked like a charm. Kept everything quite dry!

Just an idea..

Hah, cool! I like the sound of it...seems like something that'd be good for the bag mod thread (pics or it didn't happen). :wink: Did you have to do anything to keep the umbrella from moving around?

Solty said:

Just an idea..

Hah, cool! I like the sound of it...seems like something that'd be good for the bag mod thread (pics or it didn't happen). :wink: Did you have to do anything to keep the umbrella from moving around?

I will will post some pics.....gimme a few days to get into the garage as the contractors are keeping there wares here until their done working....

How many discs will fit into the Sim? and are the side pockets on the kong big enough for discs to fit in?

Roc Lover said:
How many discs will fit into the Sim? and are the side pockets on the kong big enough for discs to fit in?

Ziggy got 47 in a simian...LOL...but the sim can easily hole 17 with the putter pockets and holding 13 in the main compartment. BUT...the side pockers...like that of the kong...can hold extra discs as well :)

Recently ordered and received a gray Chimp. Love it, but haven't been able to take it out due to the large amounts of snow here.

I do have a question for everyone: Has anyone brought their GB bag on a plane? I am going to TX to visit some family over the summer and was going to use the bag as my carry on, just bring a few discs and pack the rest with snacks for the kids, etc. I am worried they will make me unload everything and prove there is nothing in the PVC pipes. I guess I could just take the frame out for the week, but I would rather leave it in.

Thanks for the great bag Chris!

J-Bolt said:
Recently ordered and received a gray Chimp. Love it, but haven't been able to take it out due to the large amounts of snow here.

I do have a question for everyone: Has anyone brought their GB bag on a plane? I am going to TX to visit some family over the summer and was going to use the bag as my carry on, just bring a few discs and pack the rest with snacks for the kids, etc. I am worried they will make me unload everything and prove there is nothing in the PVC pipes. I guess I could just take the frame out for the week, but I would rather leave it in.

Thanks for the great bag Chris!

I've successfully carried my squirrel monkey onto a plane. After a bunch of explanation of what the hell the discs were they let me carry it on without much fuss.

I have a couple friends who have flown with there Simian's as carry on. And that has almost 10' of pvc in it that's impossable to take apart unless you know how. But they didn't have any problems with taking that bag on so I'm sure you'll be fine with your Chimp

uNicedmeMan said:
I've successfully carried my squirrel monkey onto a plane. After a bunch of explanation of what the hell the discs were they let me carry it on without much fuss.

The last time I went through security in KC with my squirrel monkey, the security guard got all gitty because he wanted everyone to see how the discs looked on the xray machine.

Latest posts