• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
uNicedmeMan said:
My digi camo Simian arrived today!!! This thing is even nicer than I though it would be, I can't wait to get home and stuff it with some discs.

One question, what is the pocket between the pocket and the main bag for and why does it have a hole in it? I'm asking because I originally planned to grizzly grip/ plastidip the bottom but if the two slits from these pockets provide some sort of functionality I may reconsider.

Thanks again Chris!

Ps. the banana scented zing is badass.

I believe the spaces are there to put a hydration bladder in if you want. Your slits go all the way through to the bottom though? I don't recall mine being like that.

Ya, I don't recall that on mine either. Maybe he opened them up to eliminate the possibility of junk building up in there? Personally, I find them useful for maps, score cards, etc.

The slits do go all the way to the bottom, maybe it's for water drainage... That area will be totally useful for scorecards and other misc items.

I can't freaking take this cherry simian me in my cube. It's like a small voice just saying "disc golf" over and over again as if I didn't already think about it too much. I gotta get home.

uNicedmeMan said:
The slits do go all the way to the bottom, maybe it's for water drainage... That area will be totally useful for scorecards and other misc items.

I can't freaking take this cherry simian me in my cube. It's like a small voice just saying "disc golf" over and over again as if I didn't already think about it too much. I gotta get home.

Hahah.... I was like that at work when I first got mine. I ran out to my car and grabbed my other bag to bring in so I could fill it up. Then I moved my chair out of the way and sat on it while I worked for a bit. :oops:

The Kong is huge, I would have my 18 discs for a tourney round in it and still have room to stuff a couple of towels in the main compartment.

what'shisname said:
uNicedmeMan said:

Hahah.... I was like that at work when I first got mine. I ran out to my car and grabbed my other bag to bring in so I could fill it up. Then I moved my chair out of the way and sat on it while I worked for a bit. :oops:

:lol: :lol:

uNicedmeMan said:
My digi camo Simian arrived today!!! This thing is even nicer than I though it would be, I can't wait to get home and stuff it with some discs.

One question, what is the pocket between the pocket and the main bag for and why does it have a hole in it? I'm asking because I originally planned to grizzly grip/ plastidip the bottom but if the two slits from these pockets provide some sort of functionality I may reconsider.

Thanks again Chris!

Ps. the banana scented zing is badass.

the slits that I put in the bottom are only 1 1/2" X 1/4" and meant for water drainage cuz I found out that if you played in the rain while using the Simian the space between the pocket and the side of the bag would fill up with tons of water. the space is there for how the putter fits into the putter pocket it needed room to go behind that side pocket a little bit and also a water bladder and any thing else you can find that works in there like maybe an umbrella. so I would be sure you leave those slits open if and when you do the grizzly grip to the bottom of the bag.

I had a friend who kept putting his loose pocket change into that space between the bag and the pocket and he thought the bag ate his change and he just couldn't find it! but he was also thinking it was weird that every time he picked up his Simian he kept finding change on the ground... :lol:

Hah! Good to know...can you tell me whereabouts the slits are, Chris? Towards the front/back/middle? I covered the whole bottom with the Grizzly Grip, but it shouldn't be too hard to re-cut the slits in there.

some call me...tim? said:
Hah! Good to know...can you tell me whereabouts the slits are, Chris? Towards the front/back/middle? I covered the whole bottom with the Grizzly Grip, but it shouldn't be too hard to re-cut the slits in there.

if your bag had them you would see them with out having to look very close...it was some thing that got changed on ( I believe) every Sim I sent out in January but the few Sim's that went out before from 09 did not have the slits and there no way to put them in there with out having to tear the bag apart..

and if your still just wondering where there are if you look at the seem between the bottom of the pocket and the bag it would be right in the middle.. and like I said the slit is 1/4" X 1 1/2" so you would see it if your sim had it

Any idea on a mod that could be done to those without slits to avoid filling them full of water? I'll have to have a closer look when I get home.

what'shisname said:
Any idea on a mod that could be done to those without slits to avoid filling them full of water? I'll have to have a closer look when I get home.

Put in some grommets like guys have done in the bottoms of the drink holders on older bags.

cmlasley said:
what'shisname said:

Put in some grommets like guys have done in the bottoms of the drink holders on older bags.

that solution will not work. believe me I have been trying to think of ways it could be moded and grommets wont do it because of how it is designed. cuz you dont want to cut into or open up the bottom part of the side pocket it self and you dont want to make a hole into the bottom of the bag so really theres no way around it with out really wrecking the bag, at least that I have thought of so far

Maybe a way to close it off at the top, right under where the bottom of the putter pocket flap is? I wonder if I could put a zipper in there somehow.

what'shisname said:
Maybe a way to close it off at the top, right under where the bottom of the putter pocket flap is? I wonder if I could put a zipper in there somehow.

you need it opened for there to be enough space for putters to drop in behind the side pocket...this is just one of those things that was completely unforseen and luckily some one pointed it out to me.. and like I said the only real fix is taking the bag apart and sewing that slit into it which is a lot of work :?

Mason65 said:
New storefront! Looks nice!

http://www.gorilla-boy.com/store/

looks awesome chris.. Cant wait til more people notice the hard work you and your gorilla boys did :lol:

ziggy said:
Mason65 said:
New storefront! Looks nice!

http://www.gorilla-boy.com/store/

looks awesome chris.. Cant wait til more people notice the hard work you and your gorilla boys did :lol:

I saw it a couple days ago. It certainly does look great. You've almost got all of the pictures up now too! Keep up the good work, I've just got to make it another month or two and I'll be able to actually place an order instead of drooling over them...

Latest posts