• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
I had an idea for a coustom bag. I'm looking for something to replace my Wall City bags and can't find exactly what I want.

I'd like a bag that:

1) holds 8-10 discs internally with an acrdion style divider and a solid bottom so the bag keeps it's shape.

2) 2 external disc pockets. One for a mid range disc, and the second, large enough for both a putter and fairway driver.

3) Insulated drink holder. (32 oz would be nice)

4) Extra gear pocket on the side. Big enough to stuff a wind-breaker or sweat shirt into.

Is this feasable?? How much would such a bag cost to make??

Triplebogey said:
I had an idea for a coustom bag. I'm looking for something to replace my Wall City bags and can't find exactly what I want.

I'd like a bag that:

1) holds 8-10 discs internally with an acrdion style divider and a solid bottom so the bag keeps it's shape.

2) 2 external disc pockets. One for a mid range disc, and the second, large enough for both a putter and fairway driver.

3) Insulated drink holder. (32 oz would be nice)

4) Extra gear pocket on the side. Big enough to stuff a wind-breaker or sweat shirt into.

Is this feasable?? How much would such a bag cost to make??

I don't do any kind of custom work. But I think either the Squirrel Monkey or the Chimp would be close to what your looking for

Have used my newly acquired Squirrel Monkey for several rounds now, and I must say, I couldn't be more pleased. Great bag, that looks like it's gonna hold up well, in a size that fits my game to a tee.

Thanks Chris... I'm really glad I went Gorilla Boy instead of Revo.

Do you happen to have pictures of completed bags in the available colors? I'm looking to make a purchase very soon and am just contemplating colors.

Thanks.

gorillaboy said:
black
yellow
camo
orange
wine
gray
navy blue
kelly green

the bags in the Evo series come standard in 2 tone color scheme gray high lites+ the main color

Four lucky winners received GB bags yesterday and they were all exciting in their new BAG. GB is still a growing name in the NE however the grassroots effort is growing the name.

Thanks Chris!!!

mikesolt said:
Four lucky winners received GB bags yesterday and they were all exciting in their new BAG. GB is still a growing name in the NE however the grassroots effort is growing the name.

Thanks Chris!!!

word!

mikesolt said:

Thanks Chris!!!

word! 8) :wink:

Maybe it has been mentioned before, why did you name your company to Gorilla Boy? :wink:

well the story goes......

back in the day when I was able to get out and play a lot of disc, one of the girls I know here would always make the comment "way to go gorilla boy!" every time some one would over throw a hole or upshot.

so one night I was sitting around brain storming with a friend for a good DG bag company name and it hit me....I'l call it "Gorilla Boy Disc Sports"... and the name stuck ever since then

So my company name refers to basicly going big on the course when you didn't intend to....or some thing along those lines any how..

Fasteddy411 said:
I figured you got the name from the Innova disc golf computer game. which has the same line in it "way to go gorilla boy"

yeah I heard that was in that game a couple of years after I had started the company..

I found out that was where she got the quote from

djalizwan said:
Do you happen to have pictures of completed bags in the available colors? I'm looking to make a purchase very soon and am just contemplating colors.

Camo Chimp: http://picasaweb.google.com/jaysus145/GorillaBoy

Folks in the Midwest....

We are including multiple GBDS Bags in our Payouts for the upcoming CCC come the fall...

So mark the Calendar....

Any new News on the backpack.

Will there be any testing/prototyping that will be available to current GBDS bag owners?

well so far i have been able to re-work the internal frame for the pack but that about it...I've been swamped with having to make bags up to catch up on stock and am just now starting to get back to a point that I can work on the backpack again ..so hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get to it..

jtkustomizer said:

Will there be any testing/prototyping that will be available to current GBDS bag owners?

I will once again volunteer my services :).

jtkustomizer wrote:

I will once again volunteer my services Smile.

While people are volunteering, i'd gladly throw my name in the hat also.

I've been considering purchasing a gorilla boy bag. I actually emailed the contact e-mail earlier today. I plan on carrying 12-15 discs if that. So between the chimp, silverback, gorilla, and kong what do you think is the most value for what I will be using it for.

Like will the chimp serve me well because there is a big jump in cash to the silverback. Or would the gorilla that would be inbetween the two be the best bang for the buck. I don't see me getting the kong under any circumstance but still wanting to hear opinions.

I have a Chimp, and think that 15 discs is about the max capacity of that bag. I normally carry around 10-12 discs, but I can put 4 putters (2 of them in the putter pocket), 4 rocs, 6 drivers, and have a tiny amount of room for 1 more.

I'd go for the silverback...it IS significantly more expensive, but having 2 bottle holders and 2 big pockets will come in handy down the line, I think. Plus, it's not shown in those pictures, but I'm pretty sure the Silverback has the extra pocket by the putter like the Kong has.