• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slappy: the evo series has way more storage capacity than it's primate series counterparts.

the pockets are wider on the evo and there are more zipper pockets.

for ex the chimp has one 8h x 6w x 2d pocket and one 8h x 9w x 2d

now the silverback which is the evo version of the chimp has two 8h x 6w x 3d pockets and one 8h x 9w x 2d pocket

that's a lot more storage when you add it up ;)

Yeah, but ya can't fit a wind breaker or hoodie in one of those pockets. Still real nice stuff GB.

The evo series has less than the primate! Just the 2 small pockets by the drink holders. The simian does though. It's just too awkward

Those pockets are actually rather large, definitely decently larger than the pockets on the innova competition bags. Plus there's the wide pocket behind the putter pocket.

The side pockets easily fit 2 towels, and I mean decently sized that you'd probably use for sweat or wiping your disc. I've had my silverback for a couple years now I guess, and I've never felt the need for more space. If I wanted to I could probably throw 2-3 water bottles(regular bottled water bottles) standing up in one of those side pockets(no need though with the 2 drink holders).

Last edited:
Yeah, but ya can't fit a wind breaker or hoodie in one of those pockets. Still real nice stuff GB.

I think you could probably fit a wind breaker in the pocket behind the putter pocket just fine. A hoodie probably not unless you figured out a really efficient way to fold it down or had a thin one.

By the way Chris, you should really put in a pictures area of the site. Right now it looks like you can only view stuff which is in stock. Also key chains would be a cool idea, something like what's in the background of the site would be interesting. Though I'm not sure how easy that would be without ordering some custom made then selling them.

yeah i'm not totally thrilled with my site either, but i haven't had the time or money to be able to have it redone but hopefully some time here in the near future i can get some thing started to make the site better and easier to use.

thanks for the suggestions

I got my Simian 6 months ago and its been the best disc golf purchase ive ever made. I play an average of 3 rounds a week and its showing no sign on wear. GBDG is by far the best quality bags out there!

Quick question, when do you think you will have some silverbacks in stock? Thanks!

I got my Simian 6 months ago and its been the best disc golf purchase ive ever made. I play an average of 3 rounds a week and its showing no sign on wear. GBDG is by far the best quality bags out there!

Quick question, when do you think you will have some silverbacks in stock? Thanks!

I am currently going to be starting on some simians this week and after those i plan on doing some squirrels and then sims, and then probly some silverbacks after that...

I have switched over to doing smaller runs to rotate through different styles faster.
if your interested in a LE silverback I have two of those made up right now ready to ship.

hahaha. good joke dawg. it will be here Tuesday for sure. it was in stock when i got it. it probably shipped saturday. I'll be rockin it on the course Wednesday.

got the next 7 simians cut out yesterday.
plan is for by the end of next week for them all to be done and shipped.

so as of right now there are no other orders for simians so if your looking to buy one right now would be a good time as the wait time is at the shortest its ever been right now! :thumbsup: :)

When can we expect Silverbacks to be back in stock? Or will there be pre-orders for any of the other bags that are currently out of stock?

done with the last of any thing pre-ordered at the moment for simians, planning on starting some silverbacks i think on Monday due to the high amount of requests and questions I've been getting. I will probably be making about 12 of them. planning on making more simians again after these.

I would like to see some more/better pics of the bags on your site
its kind of hard to get a good feel for the bags from the pics you have
some of the guys i play with have simians, so i know what they are like
but i have no clue about the other bags you sell, and your site didnt seem all that helpful, to be honest

and i suppose there are some pics in this thread, but im not going to wade through 280 pages to find out

I am def buying a Silverback when they are ready. Do you plan on making any orange ones?