• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Bought mine a week ago and LOVE IT!!! Best bag I've had so far. Love how I can hold 3-4 putters up top. Great to see how great their customer service is too. Hopefully I won't ever need them but they seem to be on top of it!!

Less than an hour after it being posted Grip replies, dang. Im noticing the Mcbeth bag says Made in California , is that i reference to Mcbeth or the actual bag?

IIRC the $200 bags are designed in US, assembled in Taiwan then finalized in the US. All the SE's and Signature's are assembled in the US.

Any feedback from golfers who have used both the Grip EQ and the Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal? I'm trying to decide between an SE Grip or the new run of Golf Mahals for my b'day...

I bought a Mahal when my wife got a Grip last spring, and ended up buying a Grip last fall after trying my wife's for a week. I tweaked my back last summer and the Grip bothered my back much less than the Mahal. I also found the Grip suited my needs better.

I kept the Mahal's side pockets cinched mostly down and didn't like how discs sat in the side pockets. I really like how my putters sit up higher on the Grip, much less bending over during a round. The grip also feels lighter on my back.

They're both great bags, I just prefer the Grip. I still have the Mahal in case I change my mind someday.

I tweaked my back last summer and the Grip bothered my back much less than the Mahal.

Interesting to hear - I have back issues as well, and was expecting that the fully adjustable yoke on the Golf Mahal would be easier on me.

Interesting to hear - I have back issues as well, and was expecting that the fully adjustable yoke on the Golf Mahal would be easier on me.

It might, I cant say for sure that it was the Mahal aggravating the injury. All I know is my back felt better with a Grip and I never switched back to the Mahal.

I have both and I would say it comes down to needs. If you need to carry more that 18 to 20 discs and lug a ton of stuff when you play? Then get the Mahal for sure. However if you carry less than 18 discs and a minimal amount of stuff. The Grip will be just fine for you.
I would have to say that the Mahal is built much better, but the Grip has a much better design. As for dealing with back pain, I'd say both are great in reducing back issues due to playing multiple rounds. I would venture a guess that the reason the Mahal might hurt your back more. Is that you can carry a TON of stuff in that bag, but it's just a guess.
I went back to the Grip as well. I just didn't need a bag that carried the kitchen sink.

I have both and I would say it comes down to needs. If you need to carry more that 18 to 20 discs and lug a ton of stuff when you play? Then get the Mahal for sure. However if you carry less than 18 discs and a minimal amount of stuff. The Grip will be just fine for you.
I would have to say that the Mahal is built much better, but the Grip has a much better design. As for dealing with back pain, I'd say both are great in reducing back issues due to playing multiple rounds. I would venture a guess that the reason the Mahal might hurt your back more. Is that you can carry a TON of stuff in that bag, but it's just a guess.
I went back to the Grip as well. I just didn't need a bag that carried the kitchen sink.

I'm right in the middle, unfortunately - I don't carry very many discs (~14), but I'd like more space to carry a sweater, umbrella, stool, snacks, slingshot, Golden Retriever, towels, trash I find, etc. than I have with my Cabella's bag.

I'm right in the middle, unfortunately - I don't carry very many discs (~14), but I'd like more space to carry a sweater, umbrella, stool, snacks, slingshot, Golden Retriever, towels, trash I find, etc. than I have with my Cabella's bag.

grip bags have straps on the side just for stools and umbrellas one on each side. fyi

Like Stan posted, the Grip has designated areas on each side for a stool and umbrella, so those are easy. :thmbup:

My Golden Retriever fits nicely in one of the long/tall side pockets, along with other misc items like towels, first aid kit, ibuprofen, and other things. There is also a nice horizontal pocket between the lower disc compartment and the upper putter pocket for cell phone, wallet, keys and misc other storage.

I also carry 17 discs in the lower section and 2 putters up top for easy access, so 19 total for me with ease. Could easily squeeze in one more down low and one more up top if I carried that many. Honestly I carry a few back up discs now to fill in the extra disc space.

About the only issue would be your "sweater", depending on how thick it is. You could roll it up and stuff it in a long/tall side pocket, the other one not housing the Retriever. Or sometimes I roll up my jacket and stuff it in with the discs, but above and then use the flap to tuck it in above the discs. There is room above the discs but if you dont zip up the flap it could fall out.

I can't compare it to any other backpack bag as this is the first and hopefully only backpack disc bag I will ever own. All I can say for a fact is I am a very satisfied Grip owner with zero complaints. :thmbup:

Like Stan posted, the Grip has designated areas on each side for a stool and umbrella, so those are easy. :thmbup:

My Golden Retriever fits nicely in one of the long/tall side pockets, along with other misc items like towels, first aid kit, ibuprofen, and other things. There is also a nice horizontal pocket between the lower disc compartment and the upper putter pocket for cell phone, wallet, keys and misc other storage.

I also carry 17 discs in the lower section and 2 putters up top for easy access, so 19 total for me with ease. Could easily squeeze in one more down low and one more up top if I carried that many. Honestly I carry a few back up discs now to fill in the extra disc space.

About the only issue would be your "sweater", depending on how thick it is. You could roll it up and stuff it in a long/tall side pocket, the other one not housing the Retriever. Or sometimes I roll up my jacket and stuff it in with the discs, but above and then use the flap to tuck it in above the discs. There is room above the discs but if you dont zip up the flap it could fall out.

I can't compare it to any other backpack bag as this is the first and hopefully only backpack disc bag I will ever own. All I can say for a fact is I am a very satisfied Grip owner with zero complaints. :thmbup:
perfectly said i do exactly the same

Finally broke down got a Grip! So far I love the ergonomics of it compared to the Dual Pack it's replacing.

Got my bag yesterday. BOOM. The only other backpack style bag Ive had is the DualPack and I must say I like that its smaller and more sleek. No nonsense. Good stuff!

I have recently started discing down and I am down to carrying approximately 14 discs. I have a Grip EQ bag but the disc flop around in the bottom compartment. Has anybody made homemade dividers or tried using any brand name ones? If so, please help. Any suggestions?