• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar Aviar!

Got my yellow 170 g yesterday and it is really soft and flexy. Can't wait to putt with it. Feels like Omega's super soft, and not quite as flexy as R-Pro. Plastic is kinda swirly and really grippy.

I'm wanting an aviar that flys like a slightly beat in dx aviar.

Has anyone tried these out as a throwing/driving putter?

I pulled mine out once today off the tee. I have deflashed it (always do before I throw 'em), and the flight had the HSS of a new P&A, 80' then straight into a tree. hard. And it dropped dead, no kick. So that was nice.

Nothing further to report.

just picked up one today, got in a bit of field work but no putting yet. I would put the flight between a lightly beat dx and a star aviar, pretty sweet out of the box. nice and grippy even in the cold weather, but pretty flexy so I'm not sure it will replace my super seasoned 2chains dx for putting. definitely looking forward to getting in some rounds with it.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 44
BIG fan of this for winter putting. Played a couple rounds on a breezy 23-degree yesterday and was impressed. I used it as my only putter for one round and it inspired quite a bit of confidence. I also drove with it on a few holes and it flew exactly how I hoped it would, nice and straight with a solid slow dump fade at the end. Unless it is unreasonably floppy in the warm weather, this might kick out my star aviar.

I grabbed one these this past Saturday. The disc shop had a practice basket, so I gave it a test run. First shot I threw a little low and hit the dead center of the cage, which was no biggie. I took three shots after that, and it felt like a dream come true. The disc flight was beautiful, and the disc hit the chains and fell straight down into the basket. In four throws, my putting confidence sky rocketed!! I know it was only four throws, but confidence in putting is an issue with me. :) Needless to say I have 2 more shipped to me as I type this.

Acquired me a red 175 one today via DD. Haven't chucked it yet. Not sure what all the hype is about the G* plastic as this thing doesn't exactly feel gummy.

Or do I have to break it in first?

These are different than every other gstar I've touched. Flexible but definitely not as grippy.

Finally got to take my G* to a course this past weekend to get some actual game throws in. Needless to say, I love this disc. My putts were looking smooth, feeling great, and this disc grabs the chains nicely!

I've been messing around with this recently and there's a lot I really like but chain grabbing is not happening.

and that's coming from someone who putts with ions.

But maybe I have a bad disc with slick plastic or something

Today I Picked up a GStar Aviar Driver (big bead)
Gummy and quite flexy, pretty close to a DareDevil Beaver in feel. Like in my hand a lot.

I am loving the G star Aviar Driver for upshots / Driving. Seems to hold up to torque better than the Kc Pro Aviar i was using

Should there be a another thread for GStar Aviar Driver (big bead) ?

Do not want to junk up the board, but beads a big deal for many.

I haven't seen one yet and was wondering, are they Domey, flat or puddle top like a Yeti?

Latest posts