• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar Aviar!

G-Star Aviars for upshots/drives off the tee are money, especially when dealing with potential direct full speed tree hits, landing on rocks/boulders, and hitting then sticking [onto large inclines].

I've used both the G-star Aviar and/or G-Star Dart for these purposes and it really taught me what spin/angle is correct when you're doing an approach shot onto a difficult spot (example: when faced with a 100-150ft upshot towards a large hill from the side I learned that hitting it at a perpendicular angle with spin that will have the disc come back rather than roll forward will result in it hitting and sticking consistently).

Also I've gotten some great controlled distance off the tee with them. Its the one disc where I will weirdly have more distance on game time golf lines compared to field practice (field practice I can consistently get a G-star Aviar about 250-275ft), but there are some holes on my course where I can park it at the basket for a gimmie putt which is 300ft away

I'm really curious about the more overstable varieties of G-star Aviar (the big beaded version) because it would be a lot easier to have something more overstable to go around things and do those short S-curve shots. For now I use a champ roc3.

Really like my gstar aviar driver. I think it may take driving duties from my kc. I also picked up some older pfn star that was nice and flexible, almost as much as the gstar, and had better tacky grip too. Will compare. Haven't driven any of them yet. They all putt well though! I was very pleasantly surprised!!

Really like my gstar aviar driver. I think it may take driving duties from my kc. I also picked up some older pfn star that was nice and flexible, almost as much as the gstar, and had better tacky grip too. Will compare. Haven't driven any of them yet. They all putt well though! I was very pleasantly surprised!!

ive beat the piss out of my gstarrr aviar d and its flying like its new. i have one of when they first came out and its been in the bag since. i absolutely love mine. plus it feels perfect in winter too. if i had to play a one disc round this winter i wouldnt hesitate to choose it.

soon youll both be throwin ions

That was the plan once baseline came out now I don't think so. I've already throw most of mvp's offerings and I think they are stellar but none of them quite fit my hand like a kc aviar for putti.g. Even moreso than the gstar I like the star aviars I bought. They are about as flexible but have more grip. I was even putting well with them. All that remains to be seen is how these all drive. They are super comfy in a driving grip.

Latest posts