• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar Aviar!

the aviar d is amazing for upshots and drives. it can handle torque well. its flat. less bulky than the kcp aviar. hits and sticks for the most part. handles wind. i still putt with a dx aviar pna though.

i love mine and if i lost mine i would immediately go out and buy a new one. best improvement to my bag all of this year.

^^^
I second this mine is also flat, hits sticks and flies great. I've been using mine for driving and putting..feels great in hand my new goto putter I will be trying out the pna in gstar soon but will also buy a stack of the big beads just for back up and practice..just wish they came in lower weights gf wants a gstar big bead in 150s

Flat although they have a larger diameter than the kc or star aviars.
hmm Imma have to compare that when I get home did notice bead on gstar is tad bigger than kc the other night when gf was playing with them she one noticed

i looked on pdga and infinite discs and they both say theyre the same. and i didnt notice a difference in hand...

Pretty obvious difference:

image_zpsc0f8450c.jpg

In order of smallest to largest diameter: KC < Star < GStar

what the hell....

in the morning ill grab my pna aviar, kcp aviar and gstarrr aviar and test it.

im in disbelief hifi

Strange I checked mine out and sure as s### gstar is little larger, the bead is little more on gstar also...so would that make the gstar a different mold than other avairs?

From what I've noticed it's a tad bit less stable than the kc.. For putting it has a gentle fade and for driving it will go straight 200 ft with gentle fade at end.. The plastic is awesome I've smacked few trees pretty hard and slid across rocks and no damage flies the same as it did on day one

if it is a difference i havent noticed it. but like rdnckdisc said the plastic is outta control awesome. ive smashed a ton of trees, and skid across roads and hit a brick building on drives. no damage other than a few small scratches. and i got mine right when they came out. and it takes all my shots under 250, and probably 75% of my upshots, so its gotten a lot of use

My GS Rhyno and BB Aviar are both built like tanks. I like using the GS AV for driving, the plastic grabs the chains nicely but I didn't like the extra float it has. I'm not real big on GS drivers but for putt and approach discs GS is the best imo (other than as a putting putter).

Last edited:
Strange I checked mine out and sure as s### gstar is little larger, the bead is little more on gstar also...so would that make the gstar a different mold than other avairs?

No the plastic just expands slightly or shrinks less than KC. The tooling is identical on the new KC and GS.

My GS Rhyno and BB Aviar are both built like tanks. I like using the GS AV for driving, the plastic grabs the chains nicely but I didn't like the extra float it has. I'm not real big on GS drivers but for putt and approach discs GS is the best imo (other than as a putting putter).

This has been my experience, also. My G* BB Aviar has taken over most of my putter driving duties. It flips up flat, glides for a while and fades predictably. I can keep it on a hyzer line, mini s-curve or hold an anny. I still fan grip my KCs for most approach shots, but the G* BB Aviar comes out for approaches when it's windy.

Went to 5 different stores in the last few days and no one has a G* Aviar driver! dang it, may have to just suck it up and order one on line.

Went to 5 different stores in the last few days and no one has a G* Aviar driver! dang it, may have to just suck it up and order one on line.

I got a f2 and it works probly gonna order more..I'm in same scenario nothing close to me that carries disc and right now being the newb I am I'm not partial to stamps so I order most my disc from proshop it's a cheap way to try out new disc.90 percent of my disc are f2s only disc I have that has a stamp is jl tb3

Latest posts