• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar TL

This has really irked me lately. It is just frustrating to watch all of these FB auctions for discs that were just released from the Innova Pro Shop. It feels like scalping tickets. Innova being the Ticketmaster equivalent who is already overcharging us for shipping, then these sellers are coming in and making an extra $5-10 for each disc. It just feels like the disc golf community is getting screwed over by people who are overbuying to turn a few dollars of profit. Takes a lot of money out of disc golfers pockets and gives it to USPS and UPS by double/triple handling the goods.

/end rant

Trickle down economics; this double and triple handling of goods provides job security for postal/ deliver people who in turn will feel secure enough to purchase the products that we produce, therefore providing job security for us so in turn we can feel secure enough to purchase the discs that started this whole cycle.

This has really irked me lately. It is just frustrating to watch all of these FB auctions for discs that were just released from the Innova Pro Shop. It feels like scalping tickets. Innova being the Ticketmaster equivalent who is already overcharging us for shipping, then these sellers are coming in and making an extra $5-10 for each disc. It just feels like the disc golf community is getting screwed over by people who are overbuying to turn a few dollars of profit. Takes a lot of money out of disc golfers pockets and gives it to USPS and UPS by double/triple handling the goods.

/end rant

Takes money out of your pocket how exactly? Is someone forcing people to buy? FB auctions have fraud issues with people colluding to bid up discs. Other than that, what you describe whether on EBay, FB, an Internet dealer, etc is basic free market economics. Disc golf is not outside this system.

/end rant

Welcome to 2014, the bigger the game gets, the bigger second hand selling will get. You can either join in and enjoy the fun of buying/selling, or you can move out of the way, complaining about it is just wasting your breath.

Takes money out of your pocket how exactly? Is someone forcing people to buy? FB auctions have fraud issues with people colluding to bid up discs. Other than that, what you describe whether on EBay, FB, an Internet dealer, etc is basic free market economics. Disc golf is not outside this system.

It is basic free market economics, sure. It's just rather difficult to get these limited releases without sitting on Innova's page and hitting F5 until they release a new product. Basically I'm getting at the "value adder" of someone purchasing the product and reselling the next day is very little. It's not an unethical or illegal practice, just ****ty with very little actual profit to the re-seller. Unless you are selling for $30 or more, you are probably only clearing $2-3 per disc, with a very limited number of transactions.

I do not care if people want to try to flip discs. It dos not affect me playing DG. If I want the latest and greatest I will have to try to get one before they sell out. I will not pay $30+ for a TL. People can waste their money if they want. I find it entertaining. If you have something someone wants, they will pay for it and I will gladly take there money.:D on a plus note I love hearing people bitch about fliping discs. Look its the world we live in. It happens everywhere.
The entertainment value I get on this forum is worth atleast 500$ a year. So that's $1500 internet value.:thmbup:

These are a few of the stamps on my gstar TLs.

Attachments

• Orange silver stamp TL gstar.jpg
    Orange silver stamp TL gstar.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 30
  • rainbow stamp red.jpg
    rainbow stamp red.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Red stamp multi color.jpg
    Red stamp multi color.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 30
I got a red with that cool stamp you have on the right. I decided to hang that one. I have a leo almost the same. I wish they would use these crazy foils more regularly.

*Edit: LOL, jay dub you are the guy that has the name I wanted here. My real name is jay and my nickname at work and school has always been jaydub.

I got a red with that cool stamp you have on the right. I decided to hang that one. I have a leo almost the same. I wish they would use these crazy foils more regularly.

*Edit: LOL, jay dub you are the guy that has the name I wanted here. My real name is jay and my nickname at work and school has always been jaydub.

That's funny about the name. I got it from the people I played golf with in my early days. I also work with a guy that's called jay dub by his family. :thmbup:

I can't wait until they release the full line of these in the Spring. I have always had a love/hate relationship with Star plastic, but I love the feel of the new Gstar plastic. Regular star has always just felt too stiff and slick in my hands. My TL went 375' with ease in 35 degree weather. Grip felt great even in the cold.

I tossed one today a few times but it was 20 out and 15-20 mph winds. Didn't hold up to a headwind well at all, but not much was aside from my banshee and firebird. The couple of times I caught it with a tailwind or no wind it was pretty straight with good glide.

Overall the plastic feels nice, but I wasn't blown away. I'm sure there will be plenty of variance between runs, so we'll see if it gets any more gummy or firmer.

took the ol' gstar tl out again today and was lovvvvving it. feels so nice in the hand and flies oh so straight. nothing like a light headwind to suck the fade out of it. has less fade than my regular star leopard but more hss. flight plate is so gummy it almost feels droopy. weird, not bad.

So basically similar to Star Leopard out of the box? That sounds good to me as I just want to carry Firebirds, Teebirds and TL's. GStar TL is my Leopard replacements.

So my FWY's are going to look like-

Firebird- x2
Teebird- x4
TL- x2

Man I am pumped for the season! Woot!

So, is the consensus that these are a bit flippy? I have three teebirds bagged, so I do not really need straight. I need something that can be thrown flat, track right, but not turn into a roller. I know it is all subjective, but my DX Teebird is getting a ton of airtime. When it goes, I would like to replace with something a little more durable.

So basically similar to Star Leopard out of the box? That sounds good to me as I just want to carry Firebirds, Teebirds and TL's. GStar TL is my Leopard replacements.

I had already decided to go this route also this year with my bag. I love a beat in dx firebird and one new FB. I now have a G* TL and Tbird in my bag along with my FBs. I might keep a Brinster champ TB in there also.
For distance drivers I throw star Mambas.

I have a Star tl, dx teebird, and echo Star teebird. I'd like to get a GS TL or teebird to replace my dx teebird that is on its last leg. Can anyone help me pick which one to go with? The dx tb ends straight for me with some understable movement, and my tl is máx weight and goes straight and finishes a little left, or flips and barely comes back. Thanks

I have a Star tl, dx teebird, and echo Star teebird. I'd like to get a GS TL or teebird to replace my dx teebird that is on its last leg. Can anyone help me pick which one to go with? The dx tb ends straight for me with some understable movement, and my tl is máx weight and goes straight and finishes a little left, or flips and barely comes back. Thanks

I would say 170-172 should be alright. Generally the GStar molds are a bit less stable then the Stars.

I haven't used the tl much but my g* teebirds seem to fly equivalently to a new DX that is 2-3 grams lighter.

I must confess that I never threw the one proto TL that I bought because I accidentally got it in the same color as my leo and it sounded like more hassle than it was worth to bag both and inspect the nipple before every throw.

Now that the alternate stamps are available, I'll probably pick up another TL because I wuzs me those understable discs and my regular star TL is beat to a pulp and getting hard to handle.

My GStar TLs (175g) are very similar to year old, broken in Star TL (175g). Straight with tiny fade. Hold an anhyzer to the ground (gliding the whole way).

Latest posts