• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar TL

So, even though I was disappointed at the color... These things fly amazing. I throw about 330-350, and these things were going 300 straight as an arrow, then fading just a touch at the end. I've always preferred the flight of TLs over TBs because they go much straighter, and these things were beautiful straight out of the box. Not sure how they'll be when they beat in, but how these things hold lines.. One is definitely staying in the bag for a while.

to much turn for my liking, also the plastic feels great but honestly it feels pretty much like any super gummy run of star plastic from the past. i've got a xg mako that feels pretty close to this thing except not as slick because ive used it for so long.

I got mine today. Got 5 greens, thinking they'd be bright yellow-green because that's how the picture on the store looked. They're not. Pretty discs, great feel, super pearly, but since I'm pretty picky about color I'm not super stoked about them. Probably toss 1 around a bit and see how it flies, might bag it, might not.. Looks like I'll be flipping mine unless I fall in love with the flight.

Thanks Innova Pro-Shop, for false advertisement on the color of the 'Green'.

Really. All the greens that I got of the leos and the tls were "green" the exact color that was shown in the picture. They are kind of a lighter green, no highlighter or anything. Exactly what I thought I was guuna get by what the picture showed.

Really. All the greens that I got of the leos and the tls were "green" the exact color that was shown in the picture. They are kind of a lighter green, no highlighter or anything. Exactly what I thought I was guuna get by what the picture showed.

Don't know what Green the leos showed, but the 'Green' picture the TLs had was definitely yellow-green. I almost didn't get any because I saw they only had Greens left by the time I saw the first batch, then looked at the picture of the yellow TL and it was labeled 'Green'.

Not that big of a deal. Mild disappointment.

Greens seem to be have a little less give than the reds and have a little more pearl to them. They also seem to have a touch more of a dome...but maybe I'm imagining that part.

Picked up a 175 green. The feel of this disc is pretty incredible and the green color is nice but nothing spectacular.

I was wondering if there is anyway to receive notifications on new releases like this in the future so I don't have to rely on getting lucky again. It would be nice to receive an email if they release new molds in this plastic.

Picked up a 175 green. The feel of this disc is pretty incredible and the green color is nice but nothing spectacular.

I was wondering if there is anyway to receive notifications on new releases like this in the future so I don't have to rely on getting lucky again. It would be nice to receive an email if they release new molds in this plastic.

I believe they will announce on facebook when more hit the store, what they told me anyways.

My question is, if Gstar is approved and they begin releasing the various discs in it, will the test material factory store discs be worth more or nothing? Would it be worth holding on to the TL's for a couple years or probably not? I know it's all speculation at this point, but curious on someone elses view on this.

Personally I bought two TL's and have thrown one, kept the rainbow stamp. The disc feels great in hand, it's also a bit see through on the flight plate which isn't my normal experience with star~

My question is, if Gstar is approved and they begin releasing the various discs in it, will the test material factory store discs be worth more or nothing? Would it be worth holding on to the TL's for a couple years or probably not? I know it's all speculation at this point, but curious on someone elses view on this.

If they don't make many of the test versions, they will be worth something down the road whether or not they produce factory stamp runs. The only question is how much more.

I bought 1st edition cards in the initial release of both Pokemon and Yugioh for investment purposes. At their peaks, the Pokemon box increased 133 times the price I paid and the Yugioh... well, I'm still sitting on them waiting for them to double.

If they don't make many of the test versions, they will be worth something down the road whether or not they produce factory stamp runs. The only question is how much more.

I bought 1st edition cards in the initial release of both Pokemon and Yugioh for investment purposes. At their peaks, the Pokemon box increased 133 times the price I paid and the Yugioh... well, I'm still sitting on them waiting for them to double.

Boxes of those pokemon cards are at such high prices on ebay, i recently looked into it out of curiosity. I wish i'd known to buy and not open boxes of those when i was young...

Bro, first 3 packs of pokemon cards.. two first edition charizards. BOoooOOm I'm such a nerd.

:D

Whats great is seeing guys trying to sell them for $28-30. One guy on ebay has 12 Tl's for sale and he has not sold one. Ahahahaha. :clap::clap:

Last edited:
Whats great is seeing guys trying to sell them for $28-30. One guy on ebay has 12 Tl's for sale and he has not sold one. Ahahahaha. :clap::clap:

Not surprised. Do not get me wrong, the TL is a great disc, but I have a feeling that most people who like them already have what they want. Now, if it were a TeeBird of Destroyer, they would likely be gone by now.

Bro, first 3 packs of pokemon cards.. two first edition charizards. BOoooOOm I'm such a nerd.

:D

Yea, I got 7 graded recently and PSA gave me 6 9's and an 8 and they were all pack fresh! I get that the 8 was not bordered evenly but seriously, not a single 10?

I got 55% 10's on the other 50+ holos they graded but I get the impression that the grader was envious that I might get 5 grand for a Charizard.

Not surprised. Do not get me wrong, the TL is a great disc, but I have a feeling that most people who like them already have what they want.

This is where is I'm at. I carry 1 TL, 1 glow Tbird, and 2 Champ Tbirds. I was tempted to get a G star TL, but I have enough to break in. By the time my TL gets broke in, the Tbird should be in the hot spot.

Don't know what Green the leos showed, but the 'Green' picture the TLs had was definitely yellow-green. I almost didn't get any because I saw they only had Greens left by the time I saw the first batch, then looked at the picture of the yellow TL and it was labeled 'Green'.

Not that big of a deal. Mild disappointment.

There weren't any Yellow TL's. Not even any pictured. Red Orange and Green were the TL colors.

I believe they will announce on facebook when more hit the store, what they told me anyways.

Personally I bought two TL's and have thrown one, kept the rainbow stamp. The disc feels great in hand, it's also a bit see through on the flight plate which isn't my normal experience with star~

I'd say you can think of this as the first run of this plastic, which makes discs more valuable. Teebirds will increase in value a lot more than tls. And leopards will be sought after as the first first run of gstar. Wait ten years and the factory store stamped gstar will be big money. I bought one for throwing and is great so far. Thrown 350 with slight hyzer( natural release angle for my toss) it flips to straight, flies straight , maybe drifts a tad right, then falls off to the left. Beautiful.

I got a stack of tl's, but honestly I won't be selling one until I get throwing time with one to make sure i don't need to keep spares. I wanted to make sure I had something with this amount of of grip between the leopards I am loving and the teebirds I pray will come. By the way, I just splurged a bit and bought a gold g star teebird on ebay. almost 50 bucks, but I figured for the first run ever of gs teebird it would keep that value. I am fairly certain those will show up soon too.

If I do get rid of my tl's I am just gonna try and trade for bulk amounts of cheap throwers or for other collectors. (or for more gs leo's)

This has really irked me lately. It is just frustrating to watch all of these FB auctions for discs that were just released from the Innova Pro Shop. It feels like scalping tickets. Innova being the Ticketmaster equivalent who is already overcharging us for shipping, then these sellers are coming in and making an extra $5-10 for each disc. It just feels like the disc golf community is getting screwed over by people who are overbuying to turn a few dollars of profit. Takes a lot of money out of disc golfers pockets and gives it to USPS and UPS by double/triple handling the goods.

/end rant

Latest posts