• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar TL

Small number were just put back up in the factory store right now..

200 green and 100 red!

Way better colors than the purple/green Leos if you ask me.

The orange has some swirl but not much sparkle and is a bit stiffer than the red. The red being the same stiffness as my blue and purple Leos. Both TLs have a pronounced nipple rise on the top of the flight plate.

Love me some pronounced nipple rise!!!

I personally feel the green look better, but the reds keep selling out sooo much faster. Typically are red discs worth mire later down the road?

I personally feel the green look better, but the reds keep selling out sooo much faster. Typically are red discs worth mire later down the road?

For old star plastic red can be the most collectible because certain runs were said to be finger printy. That is not the case for theses discs. I am guessing for most people looking to throw them red is the preferred choice.

Most of these were probably bought by people looking to flip them, and when youre looking to flip a disc you wanna buy the one with the least stock

Personally, I don't get throwers in any colors that are going to blend in and camoflauge... especially if they are flying out of sight on blind baskets. Since half of the courses that I play are majority grass covered, green is a no-go for me.

I played in Texas once in the fall and dropped a lemon yellow Archon dead center in the middle of a fairway lined with trees on both sides about 350' out and in preperation for a par 4, right hand dog-leg. Upon arriving at my disc, I discovered the entire fairway was covered in 3"+ of dead leaves and my disc was under them but in a known, 30' circle.

Thirty minutes later, I gave up looking. I got a call early the next spring from the finder. Crazy chit from a city boy's perspective.

I hate red because the human eye is partially color blind when looking from the sides. Combine with this that your night vision amplifies your color blindness. There is a point when it is starting to getting dark on the course, whether by shadows or late in the evening, that red turns to black. Unfortunately pink, while popular recently, has almost the same effect for me. I always prefer chartreuse, day-glow yellow, or blaze orange. They are the easiest to spot except for those two weeks in October when all the leaves are on the ground.

That is why I jumped on two of those orange TLs before they were gone. Thankfully my internet connection did not time out considering how bogged down the site was while I was working my way through the ordering process.

All the people trying to flip these may be SOL

There's a batch on the factory store now, this is like the 4th refresh of their stock so far?

Latest posts