• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Well said my friend.

You and I are on the same page re: the Mahal.
Also on the same page for having a lighter BP for fast rounds (your C14 and my Shift).
That being said, I've not used my shift except for a couple mid- & putter-only rounds since I got my Mahal.

I can take putters out and place them in the putter pocket while both shoulder straps are on.
With one strap is super accesible to me.

OK, I think I'm sold. If I can get a buyer for the Prodiscus Jetpack, I'm definitely picking up the Majal. I need an "everything but the kitchen sink" bag for tournaments.

OK, I think I'm sold. If I can get a buyer for the Prodiscus Jetpack, I'm definitely picking up the Majal. I need an "everything but the kitchen sink" bag for tournaments.

Too bad you didn't post a couple weeks ago, I probably would have been all over it. Curious as to what you didn't like about it?

Too bad you didn't post a couple weeks ago, I probably would have been all over it. Curious as to what you didn't like about it?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great bag - has a lot more room and holds more discs than the Grip, but I think the Majal will have even more storage space (especially for a fleece or softshell that I always carry and always take off after 3 holes on tourney day.)

Don't get me wrong, it's a great bag - has a lot more room and holds more discs than the Grip, but I think the Majal will have even more storage space (especially for a fleece or softshell that I always carry and always take off after 3 holes on tourney day.)

I seriously doubt that, unless you're talking about the smaller of the two Prodiscus bags.

I seriously doubt that, unless you're talking about the smaller of the two Prodiscus bags.

The Prodiscus Jetpack 20, not the larger 30. The two side pockets on the Majal seem pretty huge and easy to fit just about anything in. The side pockets on the Jetpack 20, while still a little bigger than the Grip A14, just don't hold enough.

Gotcha. The drawback to the 30 plus Prodiscus bag is that if I load the main compartment full it cuts into the available storage space of the tall side pockets at the bottom. You don't want to load too much in the top storage compartments, otherwise it becomes more top heavy then those bobbing/drinking bird toys. It seems like a lot of bags have this issue when fully loaded though, regardless of size. I keep on hoping something horrifically bad happens to my bag so I can buy a Mahal.

Well, I just ordered this bag yesterday, in black. I can't wait to use once I get back home from my deployment here in Afghanistan. The bag will get home before I will :)

How's are you all enjoying your bags?

Dang Khmer, wish I had known you were looking for one..I got mine for free (had to pay shipping and it was an x out) when I was on pump to Korea, so I'm sure they would have hooked you up even better being in the 'Stan. Mystery Ranch are good people and they love us military folks...you'll be quite happy with your purchase.

congrats khmer. i got a black one a few months back and love the bag. good luck and stay safe in afghanistan.

Thanks guys for your kind words. I got an email saying the bag is to arrive in 3 days, super excited. I've been using the Grip bag for the past two & half years and I like the bag. But i wanted more room for personal items (i.e. clothing, towels, and such) during tournament play and more discs during practices. I'm excited to get back home to start fondling with my discs and get on the course to knock some rust off; it's been 6 months...

I introduced the sport to a few new people and created a hole w/two tee pads and multiple pin placement and we played. It was great to throw a putter around.

Good luck to you all this coming season and play well!

Cheers!

I'm sending my mahal back to mystery ranch today to address some rips and tears in the right strap and a busted zipper in one of the side pockets. I was told it could take a week. I've put some serious miles on my bag and I'm honestly excited to get it repaired for the cost of shipping one way.
I also asked on the phone if they could modify my right strap to a solid piece of fabric where the "honey comb" fabric is. When I slide the bag off my right shoulder it creates friction. After some time it started to rip the fabric exposing the foam padding in the strap and I've been playing with the bag like that for almost a year. It'll be nice to get it all fixed up!

Guys, how well does the Mahal carry over one shoulder with the yoke setup?

One thing I really enjoy about carrying a traditional style bag with shoulder straps is the ability to carry like a backpack when hiking it, but like a shoulder bag when going hole to hole. I can easily look down into my bag and grab/stash discs when walking. This is one HUGE thing I don't like about my Grip. If I want a disc, I need to set the bag down and look for what I want. If I want to toss a disc back into my bag, I need to take it off my shoulders and put the disc back into the opening. I would much prefer to carry an open topped bag so it's easier to grab discs and put them back. The Mahal seems to be more accessible in that way, but I have some concerns about carrying it over a single shoulder and slinging it over when I want to grab/stash something quickly.

Read through this thread a good bit. I was between the UPD rebel, the grip and the latitude bag until I read more in this thread. I ordered my Mahal this morning. I figure if it's good enough for the military and other professionals then it's good enough for me. Plus, I see it holding my evening beers much better than the other options.

Read through this thread a good bit. I was between the UPD rebel, the grip and the latitude bag until I read more in this thread. I ordered my Mahal this morning. I figure if it's good enough for the military and other professionals then it's good enough for me. Plus, I see it holding my evening beers much better than the other options.

Wise choice. Congrats.