• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Many Discs Do You Carry

How Many Discs Do You Carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20+ for a few reasons. 1 thats what my bag holds. 2 most are dups in different plastics and wear.

I have Voodoo Karma bag so it holds 24 discs so I carry 24 discs (22 in main compartment plus 2 in putter pocket, no dividers). In tournament rounds, I use Clicgear push golf cart so weight is not concern as it is easy to push that cart around especially in FL courses.

I love to try different discs during practice rounds, but in tournament rounds, I normally limited to 8 to 12 different molds that I am most comfortable/confident with. But still I would like to reduce my mold counts anyway.

The quick rounds:

Nutsac -
1 - Medium Trak
1 - Medium Black-Eyed Trak
1 - Medium Ascent
1 - Medium Ibex
1 - Medium Ridge

Big, tournament rounds:

Revolution Carolina Bag -
Putters:
1 - Organic Wizard
1 - Soft Ion
1 - R-Pro Pole Cat

(The Wizard and Ion are in flux as I am also considering a combination of Pro Aviar and Pro Pig)

Mid-Range:
1 - ESP Meteor
1 - Star Ontario Roc
1 - Star San Marino Roc
1 - Medium Ibex
1 - Z Drone

(The Meteor and Ontario Roc are in flux as I am always playing with my GL Fuse and am now testing the Axis)

Drivers:
1 - beat 165g Star TeeBird
1 - new 175g Star TeeBird
1 - 157g Z Flick
2 - VIP Swords
2 - VIP Kings
1 - ESP Nuke SS (for rollers)
1 - Z Nuke OS (mainly for distance thumbers)

(The Flick is always in and out of the bag as I use the Nuke OS mainly for thumbers. However, the Flick at this weight does handle the shots I would sometimes reserve for the Boatman or Predator. While the OS gets better thumber distance, the Flick is far more precise.)

I carry 20, but 2 of those are floaters, and one is a trash disc, in case I am throwing where I might loose a disc. I also carry 4 putters, for different shots.

Anywhere from 2 up to 15 depending on what I am doing. Generally though; I am most often at around 8 or 9.

Latest posts