• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Many Discs Do You Carry

How Many Discs Do You Carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which 5 rocs? (curious)

all max weight
one 2006 slightly domey champ (super beefy overstable)
newish 12x kc pro (utility fading roc) goes out and fades nicely
beat straight 10x kc pro roc (baby is a line holding machine
Beat up stable mid range roc (beat in to turn over)
Beat up Stable Mid range roc (beat in to the point of no return) Thing turns and never comes back. I use this for touchy roc shots or rollers.

The main 13
Wizard X3, X buzzz, Axis X2, vector, drone, pro leopard X2, Banshee X2
the extra 6
Roadrunner, teerex, vision, teebird, striker, wraith

I may be forgetting some i dont throw often

The reason is im trying some stuff out and the winds get rough this time of year, and i hate the noise of discs clanking together when the bag isn't full

Nine total

Three drivers. Under, over and stable. Plus one stable spare.

Two mids. One fast one slow.

Two driving putters. Different weights

One putting putter.

16-17

Putters
2x Voodoo

Mids
ESP Zone(I consider it a mid)
Z Wasp
Z Buzzz
GL Fuse

Fairway
Opto River
GL River
Star Gazelle
11x KC Pro Gazelle
Opto Trident

Distance
Special Blend Orc
SP Tsunami
three or four other distance drivers for variety

Let's see...

1 Wraith
1 Sidewinder
2 Firebirds
2 Teebirds
1 Leopard

1 Hornet
2 Buzzzes
1 Comet
1 Meteor

1 VP
2 Ridge
1 Summit
2 Ions

I'm not very good so I need my discs to make up the difference. ;)

9 - 11 depending on how much water my discs have been meeting. Current lineup includes:

Putters
Pro Pig
JK Aviar
Beat soft Magnet
Mid ranges
Elite X Comet
DX Roc
Drivers
SL - New 175g
SL - Beat 167g
Champ Banshee - Beat 168g
Opto XXX
GL Halo

My bag usually looks like this 4 different driver molds, 1 mid mold and two putter molds. Then I carry backups and different stabilities of these molds.

Cheers - Koffee

Star Wraith - Stable driver
Star Valk - Workhorse driver
Champ Valk - Understable driver
GL Vision - Very Understable and Rollers
Opto Striker - Stable fairway
GL River - Workhorse fairway
DX Gazelle - understable fairway
KC Pro Roc - Stable mid
Z Buzzz - Workhorse mid
DX Rancho Roc - Understable mid and rollers
Star BB Aviar - Stable putter
KC Pro Aviar - Workhorse putter
DX Glow Aviar - Understable putter
R-Pro Aviar - for fast greens
Yeti Pro - Main putter

That's my usual set up, I cycle Aviars and Rocs to keep a couple seasoning.

I marked 6-10, but it's actually 11 most of the time. 7 drivers (avengerSS, surge, orc, TL, and RR are staples), 1 mid (wolf), and 2 putt/appr (rhyno, pig). And then one that I use solely as a putter (POLECAT). Always different molds. I know i need to add a couple mids, but I usually use my putt/appr discs for those situations. I mostly play my local courses, which offer a good variety of play (elevation, low canopy, wide-open, windy, wooded, blind, short, long), and this collection seems to be a good general purpose set-up.
My reasoning is they all serve their own special purpose, and I really see no need for back-ups IN the bag. Those stay in the truck.

I usually carry 18...4 putters, 4 mids, an overstable, a few fairway/control drivers, something big turnover, a roller disc, and some distance drivers (speed 11 or 12) to play

I do prune it back sometimes to 12 in a Fade Crunch, basically pulling out the wide rims, a mid, and a putter for winter, when I play shorter, more technical courses in the woods.

I carry 13 but can usually get through a round at my 2 local courses with 3 or 4. Fastest in the bag (and least used) is an orc. Mostly drive with valk or leo and lean heavily on my z buzzz, mako and dart. I just carry the small innova bag, but have removed the dividers so the discs are packed pretty tight and can still carry 2 beers inside and one in the beverage holder:thmbup:

I carry four discs in my hand (see sig). This is an experiment I tried this year and it has worked out for me much better than I had expected. It's been awesome. I tried the experiment for the fun factor of not being encumbered with a bag and was surprised to find that it has helped my game.

Next year I'll likely carry a bag sometimes with about 10 bags in it (since that's what a Spider Monkey holds), but I expect I'll continue to hand-carry four discs more often than not.

If you're interested in this sort of extreme minimilism, I invite you to visit the Social Group "I carry my discs in my hand". It's been really low traffic and I'd like to have a few interested folks to discuss this approach to disc golf with.

I carry 20. I like to throw full clubs. Here is my breakdown...

putter

stable < 100'

overstable < 240'
stable < 240'
understable < 240'

overstable < 280'
stable < 280'
understable < 280'

Roller
meathook (thumber/wind/escape)

Stable < 310'

overstable < 350'
stable < 350'
understable < 350'

overstable < 380'
stable < 380'
understable < 380'

overstable < 420'
stable < 420'
understable < 420'

I carry 21, and the answer as to why is... why not. I don't carry alot of molds, just multiples of everything. The list is as follows:

2 Glow Aviars
3 Star Sharks
2 Star Eagles
3 Star TLs
6 Star SLs
2 Star Starfires
1 Star Firebird
2 Protege Rampages

Carried up to 20 at 1 point, but have been discing down in the past 4 or 5 months. Currently only use 3 discs: champ teebird, champ shark and ss warlock. I used to throw a different driver every hole, but just trying to build consistency and stretch out my midrange and putter. I personally like this minimalist approach, but to each his own.

Latest posts