• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Many Discs Do You Carry

How Many Discs Do You Carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I usually carry between 16 and 18 in my bag. 6 or 7 are mainstays and all the rest are specialty discs.

Mostly different molds. Only 3 are of the same mold.

Clarification/Correction: 2 Rhynos (for practice), 2 Roadrunners (Star for less turnover, Champ for more turnover) and 2 Destroyers (same reason Roadrunners only for FH).

All together I carry 18 disc in 15 molds.

I used to carry 23-24 and way too many molds. I recently simplified with a Fade Crunch bag and have pared it all down to 13 discs. The make up is 4 putters with both a hard and soft in two molds, three mids - two molds and three control/fairway drivers and three long range drivers. I have just recently settled on this mix and it seems to be handling absolutely everything I have come across in the last couple of weeks. :thmbup:

Clarification/Correction: 2 Rhynos (for practice), 2 Roadrunners (Star for less turnover, Champ for more turnover) and 2 Destroyers (same reason Roadrunners only for FH).

All together I carry 18 disc in 15 molds.

I hate correcting myself! I just checked and I carry 15 discs in 13 different molds. :doh:

I carry a few many (18), but I use most all of them in a round.

2 Dx Darts, 1 Champ Dart, 1 ESP Zone
2 X Comets (Fresh/Beat), 2 Dx Rocs (Fresh/Beat), 1 Flx Drone
2 GL Rivers (Heavy/Light), 1 Champ Teebird
1 Champ Firebird, 1 Champ Destroyer

And my Valks... I carry 4 as my go to driver.
One 175 JK Pro has plenty of stability, One (5x champ) 172 is fresh and has just a bit more turn and a bit less fade. A beat in 170 (5x champ) that turns even more, and a 150 (5x champ) for stupid understable stuff.

18 discs in 10 molds.

I carry 19 discs because I know how all of them will fly and they are the best ones for me for the situations that I use them for.

19 is my magic number. Only 7 or 8 molds though.

Doubles are crucial. Especially in tournament rounds where I might lose something.

I carry 19 more when I find some backups
1 soft focus
3 Challengers
2 buzzz-ss
4 buzzz
1 hornet
2 xpress
3 TL's
1 eagle
1 bashee
1 viking

My bag has changed a little for the past couple weeks. I really don't need a ton of discs for the courses I am playing right now. I have 4 rocs of different stabilities, 2 rhynos for stable putter shots, 2 pro wraiths, a firebird, a roadrunner, r-pro aviar, r-pro dart, and omega ss for putting. I'm just trying to keep it basic right now and get good with what I have. Those discs will do all of the shots I need.

You should have included a 20+ option. That's where I would go :) I carry many doubles though. Never lost many discs, but I dont trust myself.

Casual = 6
Mini = 6-10
Tourney = 19 which is dupes of everything but the cryztal flx buzzz.
4 Wiz 2x hpp 2x sss, 2x Zone, 3x Buzz, 2x leo, 2x teebird, 2x orc, 2x firebird, 2x dest.

Revo Carolina bag with 17. I could only carry 9 but each disc (except my Firechicken and gator) there is different stability's. I have pretty much had the same set up for 2 years, give or take a few discs.

Currently I an walking around with 19. Part of it is to burn a little more calories. Some of it is that I have backups or stage of wear on discs. I used to carry less, and still do from time to time depending on what I am working on that day, but I have started to throw more of a mix of backhand and forehand and use different discs for each. I have 11 molds in those 19 discs.

Currently I have 2 APXs, 1 Sparkle Reef, 2 Sinuses, 2 Squalls, 1 Sparkle Aftershock, 2 Z Wasps, 3 Flicks (150, 170, 175), 1 Talon, 1 DX Teebird, 2 Cyclones, 1 River, and 1 Vision. I could drop the Aftershock and 1 or 2 molds from the Talon, TeeBird, Cyclone, River combo if neccessary, but I have them all in while I figure out what combo I like best. Plus there is no law saying I have to so they might all stay.

Three distance drivers - overstable, stable, understable
Three fairway drivers - overstable, stable, understable
Three midranges - overstable, stable, understable
A putter

16+ because I can.

The added weight doesn't bother me, so I generally fill my bag (Discarrier). For solo practice rounds, I like to have added diversity to try new things on the course. For tournament play I take out some diversity but introduce more redundancy. I also pack three spare Wizards in a side pocket for practice putts prior to the two-minute horn.

Latest posts