• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Many Discs Do You Carry

How Many Discs Do You Carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Around 6 or so. I like to travel light.

I carry over 20. Depending on the course I use most of the in a round. Other courses I have that many because my bag would look silly with only 4 disc in it.

At a course like Hawk Hollow having alot of choice can help you out because there are a lot of shots covered at the course. I like to let the disc work instead of trying to change my mechanics to get a certain disc to fly a certain way.

2 Putters - Wizard & Voodoo
3 Mids - overstable, stable & understable
2 Fairway Drivers - same mold, but different weight & different plastic
7 Distance Drivers - 5 molds; that fly a little differently or feel a little different
Total 14

Those are my tried and true, but on occasion I will put another disc or 2 in there for experimentation.

I carry a Fade Tourney bag in a GGGT GoCart with ~30 discs.
Why? Because I can. In a cart, 30 discs doesn't feel any different from 5 or 10 or 20.
Seriously, I usually throw about 20 different discs but i carry the extra so that I can throw multiples of the same disc and also lets me try new discs for the stable.

my bag will hold 8, I usually carry 6.

last time i played I carried 4 in my hand and left my bag in the truck.
It was easier and more convieniant, but i missed having drinks, snacks, the rules, ect...

Why?
putter, understable/stable/overstable mid, understable, stable, overstable, really overstable fast driver.
2 of each (3 of the putters actually). In case of breaks, losses, no need to wipe off between to consequtive throws, even wear on same type of disc and so on.

And then a few more because I forget to take them out after practice. :)

So prob. 20+ on a normal day. :) Carry them in an E-Ray that I would not recommend for anyone. Problematic design and huge issues on quality.

i carry 20+ usually for a few reasons
1. I take my bag with me most places just in case & with what's int he bag I feel like Ican go to any course and have what I need.
2. extra weight for the illusion of more execise:p
3. each mid-range I carry a double, this is a carry over from when I got started again & wanted to break them in, now I just like having backups.
4.several putters for farting around while waiting
5.I'm a plastic junkie trying to control my addiction, but I'm always cycling drivers in & out cuz I GOTTA SEE wut those other discs are doin. there are some steady's but experimenting is fun & I've got a great pro shop near by, so I figure what da hell, have fun trying them all, some stay some go, such is life

17 in a Fade Tourney bag.

I have just the right amount to play virtually any course that I play. Some discs never get pulled on "A" course, others see play on "B" course, etc.

Carry around 20 throw half of them during a round usually and some are backups. Plus you gotta
have the beat Roc, the flat Roc, and the new Roc like it says in the rule book.

I've got 13 in my bag right now: 3 putters, 5 mids, 3 fairway drivers, 2 distance drivers.

If it's windy, and/or I'm playing a long course, I'll add some drivers. Max out at 16.

Between threve and eleventy. Course depending of course.

Im currently carrying less due to weather and the fact that i prob wont play any more events for the year, but i usually carry over 20.

3-5 challengers
2-3 wasps and comets
2 xls, avengers, and talons
2-4 surges/rougues
2 forces/hurricane
1-2 pred/tsunami

i can do work with just a handfull of them but i usually use a cart and like having the options. Plus, i have to get some wear on the cycled molds somehow.

I've got 22 in the Fade Tourney right now. I have 3 duplicates, but they are in different stages of wear. Necessary or not, I carry 7 putters. 5 are driving putters with different stabilities. 6 Mids, and (probably too many, but) 9 drivers. from a beat up DX wraith to a CE Teebird.

Im usually around that 16-18 type range.. I think i could really play with 3-4 (aviar,roc,comet,tb) but like to carry various stages of wear in almost all of my molds...

4x Aviar
3x Roc
2x Comet
2x Teebird
2x River

then a couple true distance drivers and utility discs (ZONE!! :p)

Look at my signature and add a 6 pack of Bud Light and a pack of Marlboro lights and thats my bag. You ask why, well its simple, all of my discs fly differently and, so i will need each at any given time in the round. (Not that i am saying i throw all of them each round, but the opportunity could arrise that i would need each of them) But if all else fails that why i bring a 6 pack lol

Too many. Why? Because it's fun to buy and try new discs. Plus my bag carries 20 Discs + 2 Putters. So why not fill it up?!
What do I really need? 3. Leopard - Comet - KC Pro Aviar

Ha! This reminds me of how we used to hunt. We used to bring all the ammo we had. Be walking around the woods with a damn case of shot shells, each. Just in case. You know, in case we saw a lot or get lost in the woods or we had to have a stand off with the Feds or something. You never know.

:p

Latest posts