• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Many Discs Do You Carry

How Many Discs Do You Carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

7 are my girlfriends, 8 are mine

why?

Because if I carry her discs she will play with me.

I like to try new discs so they get rotated from my bag often, don't carry anything faster than a teebird for myself though since I'm only getting that out to around 250'

20 biscuits in my bag. But I keep a Force, Pig and Drone in the trunk for windy windiness.

3 BB Aviars (2 Yetis and a freakishly OS 10x)
1 150g Aviar (for my weak-ass straddle putts)
1 Rhyno
4 Rocs
1 Blaze
1 Roadrunner
2 Eagle-L
3 Predators
4 Destroyers

11 discs, 11 molds.

2 putters (circle, driving-approach)
4 mids (super overstable, overstable, straight, understable)
3 fairway (overstable, straight, understable)
2 distance (stable, understable)

I went 6-10
2 Putters (Stable and US)
2 Mids (Stable and US)
3 Control Drivers (OS, Stable and Flippy)
* Maybe a Wraith for open distance

revo carolina with 10 molds and 15 discs. i just added the valk and wraith to play around with this winter, and i'm thinking of adding a super beat #1 driver for rollers. i play a variety of courses and use 'em all.

(2) jk aviar - 1 beat for turnovers and putting, and 1 for drives
(3) dx roc - stable/straight/turnover
(1) star TL - brand spanking new and still stable
(2) eagle x - 1 seasoned star and 1 beat to snot dx
(1) champ firebird - get outta jail shots/crazy headwinds
(1) star FL - headwind driver, rhfh shots, and shots where i need a heavy fade left
(2) star roadrunners - 1 max weight for flex shots and a 165g for turnover
(1) star valk - new distance driver???
(1) star beast - distance driver
(1) star wraith - beat and still trying it out

For 18 holes I carry 22 in my Fade_It Zombie 2 putters, 14 drivers, 2 fairway drivers and 4 mid range. Innov Discraft and Gateway seem to be my favorites so far.

I carry 7-8. 7 are the same discs I always bring out, and the 8th is a specialty for losing. none are the same mold. 4 are Lat64 though.

I have been using a cart with my bag attached recently so I have been carrying more discs than previously. Usually it is something along these lines:

Aero
Various Aviars x4
Rocs x5
Firebird
Leopard
PDs x3
TDs x2
Wraiths x2
Destroyers x4

23 Discs total in a Revo Dualpack on a ball golf pull cart :)

I carry 20-24 for rec rounds, partially to be able to carry/try new stuff and partly for the work out

for tournaments I use a cart

Current Line Up in the Grip bag.

3 aviars--2 glo and 1 star.
2 pro pigs.
2 rocs.
2 Star SL's. #1 driver.
1 Pro Starfire.
1 Champ Starfire.
2 valks. 1 star and 1 champ glo.
1 Pro Wraith.
1 Star Archon...on a trial run right now. early results are mixed.

I just counted 20 discs in my bag, I just like to keep them all together. I used to go to a practice field a lot, so it was nice to have a lot of discs with me. Now, depending on the type of course I'm playing, I'll use a select few. Anymore, I could probably take 5 discs, and be just fine. Although, I do like to change things up every now and then. I did take all of my high speed over-stable drivers out of my bag. ...most of them. ;)

I tend to carry multiples of certain discs because they either one, are broken in differently or two, in case I lose a disc. I carry multiple buzzz's when I travel in case there is a risky hole. I don't mind losing a buzzz cause they are easy to replace unlike my champ cobra, ce valks, or original destroyers.

In my Bag:

1 star aviar for approaches/drives/jump putts
2 KC Pro Aviars for putting
1 champ cobra
3 buzzz'z - one bar stamp
2 ce valks
1 star valk
2 original star destroyers
1 katana
1 vulcan
2 firebirds - FH discs

Last edited:
It really all depends on what course I'm playing, but I went with 16+ since thats usually what I keep in the bag most of the time. Don't really need all of the discs on most courses but I like having backups plus the "idea" that its a better workout lugging a heavier bag around.

Usually I carry something along the lines of 5 putters, 5 mid range, 3 fairway drivers, 4 drivers, and 2 throwaway/floating disc for water or hazardous holes that eat discs. Multiples of several molds I like in different states of wear and some as backups if the worst happens and I loss something I really rely on.

I've actually started to just grab 4 discs and carry them without the bag when I play a round with my friends for a lot of casual rounds. Usually a ryhno, a buzzz, a leo and one other disc which depends on what course we are playing.

I have 17 discs in my bag, arranged by stability.

Drivers:
Ch. Ape
Ch. Destroyer
Ch. Boss
XG Boss - less stable than Ch. Boss
Star Wraith - beat
Star Archon

Fairway:
CFR Firebird - beefy
12x Firebird
Ch. Teebird
Star Teebird - beat