• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no real way to prove that it was a 10x from the factory and was just stamped like that....it very well could be true but without Dave D or Mark M telling you that ...its hard to prove....people like the old san marinos...and the Zonedriven stamps so it has a little value...but if you throw aviars i would put it in the bag...

I'll get a pic up when i get a chance but i'll do my best to describe the disc. Best I can tell its a glow eagle-l the back is marked E L it has a stamp from the 2nd annual red cross disc toss from the West Kentucky disc golf club. Paducah, KY may 2nd-3rd. Tooling is Innova champion disc, inc. Rancho etc..

Uhhhh, yea. He made a killing. I sent him a txt, I'm interested to find out what the heck happened.

So I searched ye olde internets and found an Innova Hammer with a hammer on it and a Hammerhead with a hammerhead shark on it, but in a different pose than this one; as if viewing the shark from the bottom up rather than top down. I bought this at the IOM pro shop in Texas. $10, used 8/10.

This disc's marked weight is 178. Innova Champion Discs Inc. San Marino, CA. I think it's DX though it feels softer and more flexible than my other DX discs. Probably a mid range.

What say you all? Any info on flight rating?

Attachments

• innova hammer.jpg
    innova hammer.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 25
Ok I know what this disc is. The thing that is confusing me is that it is much more opaque that most champ I have seen. It is also really gummy and I leave fingerprints all over it when I hold it. I have a few CE disc's and it feels very similar. I know that Innova doesn't make CE anymore but this thing is very strange.

Could it be a CE/CE Blend or could it have some Pro plastic in it? I know it is hard to tell without haveing the disc in your hands but any help would be great.
IMG_20120112_135646.jpg

So I searched ye olde internets and found an Innova Hammer with a hammer on it and a Hammerhead with a hammerhead shark on it, but in a different pose than this one; as if viewing the shark from the bottom up rather than top down. I bought this at the IOM pro shop in Texas. $10, used 8/10.

This disc's marked weight is 178. Innova Champion Discs Inc. San Marino, CA. I think it's DX though it feels softer and more flexible than my other DX discs. Probably a mid range.

What say you all? Any info on flight rating?

$15-20 depending on the buyer.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Thought this was in the "What is this disc worth?" thread.

These are probably the most common Hammers out there. There is also the Hammer with the hammer on it, the Hammer Head (different), and the wedge Hammer. Past those little pieces of info, I'm useless.

It's probably old chalky DX and that's why it feels different.

Ok I know what this disc is. The thing that is confusing me is that it is much more opaque that most champ I have seen. It is also really gummy and I leave fingerprints all over it when I hold it. I have a few CE disc's and it feels very similar. I know that Innova doesn't make CE anymore but this thing is very strange.

Could it be a CE/CE Blend or could it have some Pro plastic in it? I know it is hard to tell without haveing the disc in your hands but any help would be great.
IMG_20120112_135646.jpg

E I'm no expert but have three 12x eagles like this they are very very gummy and opaque. In fact the dye I posted today in the dye a day thread is one of them they are sweet.

P.S. If you decide get rid of it let me know. I want it dependeing on the weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.