• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I searched ye olde internets and found an Innova Hammer with a hammer on it and a Hammerhead with a hammerhead shark on it, but in a different pose than this one; as if viewing the shark from the bottom up rather than top down. I bought this at the IOM pro shop in Texas. $10, used 8/10.

This disc's marked weight is 178. Innova Champion Discs Inc. San Marino, CA. I think it's DX though it feels softer and more flexible than my other DX discs. Probably a mid range.

What say you all? Any info on flight rating?

Edit: I'm an idiot. Thought this was in the "What is this disc worth?" thread.

These are probably the most common Hammers out there. There is also the Hammer with the hammer on it, the Hammer Head (different), and the wedge Hammer. Past those little pieces of info, I'm useless.

It's probably old chalky DX and that's why it feels different.
That version of the Hammer was when it converted from a small-diameter disc to a large diameter mid. It was made in the early to mid 90's and advertised as "unbreakable" because it was molded with a very thick flightplate that won't easily crack. At the time, DX was the only plastic Innova made so an "unbreakable" DX was a good selling point.

Unfortunately, taking so much weight out of the rim and putting it in the center of the disc made the Hammer fly very slow, somewhat understable and all-around squirrely. As soon as the Millennium Aurora MS came out (a great stable mid that was basically unbreakable because of the better plastic it was made from) the Hammer went OOP. There was a brief attempt to bring it back as a floater (the "Hammerhead") but it didn't last.

Thanks, y'all.

I hadn't noticed the larger size of this Hammer until reading this and comparing. It's the size of a Shark which is a little bigger than normal size. It's more rounded on the edge than a Shark though and has a deeper lip. I like the Shark so...

Any ideas on this thing?

DBHaT.jpg

I got it a while back on eBay. It's a DX Shark, 174.

that is their x-out stamp
they call the ones that don't make the cut "grinders"
the stamp was designed by MurderMike

choice of champions stamp gazelle. feels like ce/se blend. any ideas. posted this a few times no one ever was able to tell me the deal with it.

qjls

Anyone tell me what run or if this is a ce run? or any info please!

Attachments

• 2012-01-149521.13.20.jpg
    2012-01-149521.13.20.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.