• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm wondering what the deal with JLS discs is......I don't know anything about millenium discs, so I don't even know what kind of plastic they are:

P1250370.jpg

P1250372.jpg

What would price be also if possible? They are both about 8/10

So....sorry I'm lost.....does that mean it is CE....or is it a standard plastic?

Which disc is which plastic? :doh:

Disc Plastics:
Being able to compare discs to one another between brands can be a challenge for players, and one of the important comparisons between Millennium and Innova is what "types" of plastic does each company use and how do they compare. Innova has four basic "plastics" they use for their discs: DX, Pro, Champion, and Star. Millennium on the other hand has only three types: Millennium, Q, and Sirius. Millennium doesn't produce discs in DX, which is Innova's basic and least expensive plastic. Discs produced in DX plastic tends to "beat in" quickly, and as it does the flight characteristics of the disc changes dramatically. Because of that dramatic change in performance, and Millenniums strategy for consistency and reliability, they chose to not produce discs in that plastic type. Millennium's Standard, or "Millennium" plastic is the entry level plastic, and compares to the Pro plastic by Innova. The "Q" plastic is equivalent to Champion for Innova, and Millennium's "Sirius" plastic is equal to "Star

its hard to tell without a stamp

Damn.....I want to sell these things, but can't with no idea....

Thanks for your help moose

Looking to the experts

Just bought a champ tee-rex x off the forums. Only seen a champ SL that my buddy has with this stamp on it before. The deal was so sweet i couldn't pass on it. Could anyone shed some light on when this disc was made/ significance of the small swoosh stamp? i cant find diddly.... Thank You!!

Attachments

• Teerex-x.jpg
    Teerex-x.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 26
One more!! starfire.

I was told this is a first run 2003 starfire. The plastic feels AWESOME and it has amazing color. Very buttery, yet holds its shape well. Could anyone fill me in on the type of plastic/ if it is actually first run?

Attachments

• disc2.jpg
    disc2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 46
I was told this is a first run 2003 starfire. The plastic feels AWESOME and it has amazing color. Very buttery, yet holds its shape well. Could anyone fill me in on the type of plastic/ if it is actually first run?

It's early Champion plastic, AKA Pearly Champion. Its pearly due to the weight additive they used to get them up to max weight. It's probably a first run but I cant tell unless you post a pic of the rim shape.
First runs (2003)were "S" mold the next run the following year was the "X" mold and the next was the "L" mold. They were all CFR till 2005.

What is the Millenium version of a BB Aviar?? I have this one that seems like it might be CE, not sure though. It is a record/zipper top, perfect concentric circles all the way. 2-Ring

DSC08751.jpg

so i found this destroyer the other day it doesnt say avery on it so im guessing its pre avery but it is marked *d not *ds or Sds like people keep specifying what are the differences in the markings on the back did i post this in the wrong thread? should i have done it in the id a disc

What is the Millenium version of a BB Aviar?? I have this one that seems like it might be CE, not sure though. It is a record/zipper top, perfect concentric circles all the way. 2-Ring

DSC08751.jpg

You sure it's a big bead and not a small bead?

looks like a CE Omega to me. never heard of a BB one but I wouldn't doubt it

Q-Sent Explanation Help

I have these three Q-Sents. The top two are new. 177 on left and 168 on right. The dyed one has been thrown but is in very good condition and is 179.
The 177 and 179 have "San Marino" molded into the under side as well as the patent number. The 168 doesn't have "San Marino" or the patent number as part of the underside mold.
I have seen different descriptions thrown around a lot on Q-Sents. With the different descriptions come different flight characteristics and values? And, what about durability? Thanks for your comments and help.

2012-01-29_19-40-25_725.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/216wW9y6my7RHfWNQqi1dfc5OMByl_Q3pASDKOv4Btg?feat=directlink

You sure it's a big bead and not a small bead?

looks like a CE Omega to me. never heard of a BB one but I wouldn't doubt it

Yea, it's a small bead. It is a CE QMega or Omega as everyone likes to call it. Booter hooked me up with the info!! Thanks everyone!

Can someone tell me what this is?

The disc is an old disc that the stamp is camoish looking and says Millennium Prototype stable driver tachyon LS 2.1. It says it is made by innova on the back. I can post a picture if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts