• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an idea of what this disc is? It's marked SSP on the bottom, but it's definately not a Spider. It has a larger diameter. Never had a stamp and only says "Innova Champion Discs, Inc.", "WWW.INNOVADISCS.COM". Thanks for any replys.

Okay so question for the group. I'm buying a few new old discs. Supposedly these are from 03-04. The molds are champ teebird-L and a champ FL. I'm wondering what the engraving should be on these. They should say "cal" right? I just don't wanna spend some good money on bunk discs.

Are you sure it isn't SSR as initials? If it is SSP I would call it a spider. Has spider characteristics. Maybe a profile comparison to roc and spider?

Help ID'ing this disc

I got this either through EBay or Craigslist a couple years ago. it was part of a large lot of discs, and I could never figure out the make or model. it is definitely a driver based on the rim shape, and I would guess a baser plastic like pro-d, but softer and more pliable. the rim on the top and underside of the disc has the golf ball type divots on it, and there is a recognizeable "SRP" on the bottom of the disc. the disc is soft enough where I can either throw it with the dome up or with the dome pushed in and get different flights out of it, but due to its color, I don't throw it much. Imagine searching for a black disc in dense foliage. Here in NC in the late spring through autumn, I just can't throw it, but I still use it for practice. Any ideas on who makes it and what model it might be?

scooter001.jpg

scooter002.jpg

scooter003.jpg

Anyone have an idea of what this disc is? It's marked SSP on the bottom, but it's definately not a Spider. It has a larger diameter. Never had a stamp and only says "Innova Champion Discs, Inc.", "WWW.INNOVADISCS.COM". Thanks for any replys.

Joe are you sure it isn't SSF?

looks like a Sentinel. So Sirius Sentinel MF = SSF

I got this either through EBay or Craigslist a couple years ago. it was part of a large lot of discs, and I could never figure out the make or model. it is definitely a driver based on the rim shape, and I would guess a baser plastic like pro-d, but softer and more pliable. the rim on the top and underside of the disc has the golf ball type divots on it, and there is a recognizeable "SRP" on the bottom of the disc. the disc is soft enough where I can either throw it with the dome up or with the dome pushed in and get different flights out of it, but due to its color, I don't throw it much. Imagine searching for a black disc in dense foliage. Here in NC in the late spring through autumn, I just can't throw it, but I still use it for practice. Any ideas on who makes it and what model it might be?

scooter001.jpg

scooter002.jpg

scooter003.jpg

That is either a Raging Inferno DT or a Diablo DT from Gateway. I can't tell which from the photo.

I've been looking for a certain Jerry Garcia stamped disc and found one on the Clearwater site and it's on a "DX Ontario Cobra Ching". What exactly is this ontario cobra ching?
http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/dxontariocobrachingguitarmanorangeii-p-8480.html

Ching is a stamping process.
Usually involves a full color 5inch diameter hot stamp pressed on the heart of the disc. This often makes the disc a flattop. More people are saying "ching" discs to drive up the value.

Ontario is the location where the disc was "made"
If you flip over your innova disc and look at the raised tooling - it may say patent #, or location such as rancho cucamonga, ca.
In this case, location ontario, ca - which the location is no longer available.
Some people consider ontario for more stability out of the box.

Last edited:
Nice thread guys, i want to know more about xd's. Sorry no pics.

Bought a r-pro xd from sky south, like it a lot and want more.

What should i know about xd's? I know they come in dx now and have a large fan base for the older ones. Are older ones much different. Thanks

Nice thread guys, i want to know more about xd's. Sorry no pics.

Bought a r-pro xd from sky south, like it a lot and want more.

What should i know about xd's? I know they come in dx now and have a large fan base for the older ones. Are older ones much different. Thanks

has more to do with flatness and older dx plastic than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.