• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found a QMS at the course that I believe stands for quantum midrange straight. I was wondering why I can't find any of these online. Btw, its like 8/10 for reference. What is the story behind this disc.

So I found a QMS at the course that I believe stands for quantum midrange straight. I was wondering why I can't find any of these online. Btw, its like 8/10 for reference. What is the story behind this disc.

Shark top, stingray bottom. Nice straight mid. Don't know why you can't find them online.

Champish?

All the dragon plastic for DX looks like Champ. it must be something in the floating stuff. also it has the DX stamp. I am guessing they just labled it champ, but it's DX
Some of the Dragons I see are opaque (you can't see through them). Then I just spotted this Dragon on eBay & the plastic looks very champish:
newdragon.jpg

anyone up on their "ace race" history? Discraft started their "ace race" in 2003 ... this says Inaugural, from 1998 ... what happpened in between? oh btw, it's a mint dx big bead :p

hamilton22012110500171.jpg

anyone up on their "ace race" history? Discraft started their "ace race" in 2003 ... this says Inaugural, from 1998 ... what happpened in between? oh btw, it's a mint dx big bead :p

always the bride, never the bridesmaid.

Some of the Dragons I see are opaque (you can't see through them). Then I just spotted this Dragon on eBay & the plastic looks very champish:
newdragon.jpg
Some of the Dragons look like Champ, but it's just light DX. This comes up with some 150 class Destroyers and premi weight Condors from time to time as well; they look Champ-ish, but throw one into a tree and you will find out they are just light DX discs.

Disc Golf Journal went out of business around that same time, so if it was an event they were pushing it was probably one and done or maybe was never held at all.

The disc is actually the Q Aurora MS. Why they don't actually use the word "Aurora" on the stamp is a mystery. They do the same thing with the Q Omega. The stamp says "Q-mega," but most searches for Qmega bring up nothing; you have to search for Omega.

At any rate, search for the Aurora MS and you should find it. zj was posting someplace that there was a new QMS run that is tits so now would be a good time to be buying one.

What's this disc

A friend of mine has a first run disc from innova. It seems to be labeled *DV. any idea what this could be?

Can anybody help me with this Beast?

Hey guys, have a Beast here. Was just wondering if anybody had any specific info on it... is it rare/valuable etc... From the profile pic it appears to be the new mold.

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

Beast experts assemble!

I compared it to other new mold champion Beasts I have and they look the same. I'll post a pic later when I get a chance that compares them. I actually have two of them, pretty sure the other one is clearly marked as a Beast. For what it's worth I saw one on ebay a couple months ago and the guy selling it said that there were only 50-100 released to players (or something along those lines) but I don't usually put a lot of faith in what people say on ebay... was hoping one of you guys had some definitive answers. I also have on old mold champion beast that only has a small innova swoosh stamp, I'll post a pic of that one too. Hell, while we're at it I just saw a champion Beast that didn't have any Barry info on it, but it said "Beast" on it (as opposed to all capital letters like the usual pre-barry's) and also had the flight numbers.

You might be right, especially if it compares well to other beasts.

I've just never seen a Mini-Proto Beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts