• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I bought this disc a few days ago. It says Roc on the back, but owner advertised it as a Shark. Any ideas on what it really is? Thanks for the help

a>

Last edited:
Here's one I found yesterday (no name or number in case you were wondering):

dvfpdv.jpg

Here's a view of the rim:

290x2yr.jpg

I think you should be able to read the stamp, but if not, it says,

West Virginia Championships
State of West Virginia
June 23-24, 2007

Ok. I have a question ... unfortunately no pics to help clarify (yet) but hopefully I can be concise and clear enough in description to warrant an answer.

Four years ago I bought a 168g Star Destroyer. It's obviously pre-Avery because he hadn't won his World championship yet. On the back it has a a five-point star and a "D" .. Star Destroyer. I was wondering if that has any significance b/c I believe that now there are DS/S-DS marks on the back?? (Not sure).

Secondly...I traded w/ a buddy for another older pre-Avery Star Destroyer. The markings on the back are gone so I'm not sure the weight but it is definitely heavier than my 168g. When I put them on the table, side-by-side the wings look very different. What gives? The heavier one (newer to me) has move curvature to the wing and the PLH is definitely a millimeter or two taller. I'm guessing this means it will be more stable. My question is...how many different molds of Star Destroyers (just pre-Avery) are there?

8188479913_3f1714ce9f.jpg
8189562418_4594cfeb83.jpg

8189560964_71be1f3696_n.jpg

Got this in my DD mystery box. There are no words or Patten Numbers anywhere... just blank and kind of rubbery.

Hey guys, have a Beast here. Was just wondering if anybody had any specific info on it... is it rare/valuable etc... From the profile pic it appears to be the new mold.

View attachment 30576

View attachment 30577

Those BEASTS were given out when the new mold was released in 05 I believe. They are certainly rare, although I have no idea of the number produced. Beasts aren't typically too valuable of a mold, but those still tend to sell for $50+ from what I have seen. You might want to compare it to an SL because they were made with the mini star stamp as well and the mold is very similar to a BEAST...

It's not a CFR it's just a regular tourney stamped disc. I'll post pic of it soon. Thanks!

Are kc pros CA or CAL tooled?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.