• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to get some information on this guy before I try to sell it. I believe it is a 3rd or 4th run... is this correct? It has a small depression/dimple in the rim of the disc, is this typical? If this kind of disc would have been molded today I don't even think it would have made F2. Is this considered "Blueberry" and does even apply to this run? It is 162g has a warped flight plate and a gold stamp. Flashing appears on parts of the outer edge. Faded ink. name, # on the underside outer edge and initials in the middle of the disc. LMK what you know, thanks.

Can someone tell me the year of production on this flying eye gazelle?

2012-10-09_14-18-16_772.jpg

I have a couple of older buzzz's I think. They both say super straight modified wasp's. When I look inside on the rim the have buzzz stamped in them not wasp. They are in elite x plastic. The bee or what ever critter on them has an x on its chest. I can post a link to pictures of them. I received them in a trade and I don't know much about them and if they are worth anything. I throw on of them pretty often. Thanks in advance for the help.

Recently purchased a pearly tie dye 1
x champ Barry Beast. It's clean, at least 7/10 condition with a rainbow stamp. Are these popular molds? Flatter top than modern day Beast. Are they worth much?

Recently purchased a pearly tie dye 1
x champ Barry Beast. It's clean, at least 7/10 condition with a rainbow stamp. Are these popular molds? Flatter top than modern day Beast. Are they worth much?

thats a old mold....IMO way better then the new beasts...most are pearly grippy and flat...also most of the time scale 2-3 grams heavier...but really not worth much..

6fb7065f.jpg

I have a couple of older buzzz's I think. They both say super straight modified wasp's. When I look inside on the rim the have buzzz stamped in them not wasp. They are in elite x plastic. The bee or what ever critter on them has an x on its chest. I can post a link to pictures of them. I received them in a trade and I don't know much about them and if they are worth anything. I throw on of them pretty often. Thanks in advance for the help.

Nothing special, just an elite x buzzz. Used, worth about 8 bucks each, or less.

I picked up this Gateway Wizard at a second-hand store. I'm trying to figure out some details on it. I'm really curious to know what the "BP Proto" ink means. Anyone seen this before?

NGDS0h.jpg

iJ7NKh.jpg

LgoGRh.jpg

I picked up this Gateway Wizard at a second-hand store. I'm trying to figure out some details on it. I'm really curious to know what the "BP Proto" ink means. Anyone seen this before?

I found my answer by contacting Gateway directly. They said 'BP Proto' means 'Blended Polymer'.

Need to get some information on this guy before I try to sell it. I believe it is a 3rd or 4th run... is this correct? It has a small depression/dimple in the rim of the disc, is this typical? If this kind of disc would have been molded today I don't even think it would have made F2. Is this considered "Blueberry" and does even apply to this run? It is 162g has a warped flight plate and a gold stamp. Flashing appears on parts of the outer edge. Faded ink. name, # on the underside outer edge and initials in the middle of the disc. LMK what you know, thanks.

I just posted a guide for identifying runs. I think it's prolly last run.

I just posted a guide for identifying runs. I think it's prolly last run.

I read through your guide and it has some really good info. I have another picture to show you. This particular disc has lighter streaks in the plastic. Is this characteristic unique to first run or do i just have a 5th run Valkyrie. I also can not see any weight or model inking in the center so I do not have any definitive proof beside the opacity (or lacking) I know, I know, I'm reaching. Thanks for you for your time and effort.

TvziZl.jpg

picture.php

This might be a fail uploading this pixture, trying it for two days with no success, if it does work, aviar, but not sure what kind of plastic, looking to get some backups for my go to.

I found this Champion Archon at Leverich Park in Vancouver, WA the other day while looking for my disc near the creek by hole #4. Called the number and the guy said someone else had found it previously and called him, then must have thrown it and lost it because he (the owner)has never played Leverich! Dick! Well, now he lives in SoCal, so he thanked me for calling and told me to keep it. It's a bit beat, but only scuffs, no dings or chunks, so it shouldn't affect the flight, but it's not worth anything as far as condition goes. It has a 2011 Beaver State Fling/Milo Mciver State Park/June 24-26 stamp and "ARCHON - Pre Release Prototype" label my question is are the flight characteristics and flight numbers the same as today- 11,5,-2,2? Thanks!

Oh, and BTW, my disc is a clear yellow 11x Champion Aviar with a bunch of ink on the back. Including my name and number. I love it and miss it dearly, please help me get my baby back!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 32
I think (and I could be wrong) but the first release of the Archon was as a fundraiser for a tournament. For the life of me I can't think of what it was but I don't think it was beaver state fling. Either way the earlier runs seem to have just a little more HST, then the regular production runs did. Hope this helps some.

Edit
Found it..
2011 Am Worlds.
http://www.wrightlife.com/site/store/product-detail/435-NY/golf/disc_golf_drivers/
Same weekend as Am Worlds.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what this is? I found it in a pond right next to my disc and it was nasty. Cleaned it off when I got home and there was no weight or letter markings to indicate what it was. And there was no ink surprisingly since it was a tourney disc. But anyways I think it is an Orc. It is super gummy/flx and swirly.

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts