• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Run Pro Aviar

I'm not an Aviar guy... were the early KC Pro's stamped as just "Pro"? This has similar stiffness to the 12x KC Pros, but is slicker feeling.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4897.jpg
    IMG_4897.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4897_stamp.jpg
    IMG_4897_stamp.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 115
Not it's actually pro Plastic, similar to that of like Pro Pigs and Rhynos.

Not worth much, if I recall correctly. $12 maybe.

Not it's actually pro Plastic, similar to that of like Pro Pigs and Rhynos.

Not worth much, if I recall correctly. $12 maybe.
That plastic is absolutely nothing like Pro Pigs or Rhynos. Trust me on this, I've got a lot of Pro Rhynos.

That plastic is absolutely nothing like Pro Pigs or Rhynos. Trust me on this, I've got a lot of Pro Rhynos.

Ah, I was just repeating (apparently incorrect) info. I've got a bunch of Pro Pigs and I was told these were similar.

Definitely not KC Pro plastic, which is what he was asking.

Ah, I was just repeating (apparently incorrect) info. I've got a bunch of Pro Pigs and I was told these were similar.

Definitely not KC Pro plastic, which is what he was asking.
This is closer to "Candy Pro" than it is to "Rhyno / Pig Pro" plastic.

I'm holding it next to a KC Aviar right now and the stiffness is almost identical. The density is harder though. If you press a fingernail into the KC it leaves a small indentation, but in the Pro Aviar it leaves no mark.

My buddy, who gets stuff from Gateway sometimes, has a driver that is a "proto pacer". He's not sure what it was supposed to be & he hasn't thrown it in a LONG time. Anybody know what a Pacer was supposed to be? Just curious for any info you got

ya'lls gonna like this one here..

IMG_20120924_213911.jpg

IMG_20120924_213929.jpg

first run cobra? def old school first run, the logo is STAMPED into the plastic def not printed on. tooling says innova-champion, san marino

IMG_20120924_213911.jpg

IMG_20120924_213929.jpg

first run cobra? def old school first run, the logo is STAMPED into the plastic def not printed on. tooling says innova-champion, san marino

I have a first run Stingray that looks just like this. If it has a bead, it's a Cobra. No bead = Stingray.

didn't get a chance to really handle it much, I was busy and just wanted to snap a few shots, don't think it had any noticeable bead on it.

just found it with a stack of other random dx plastic, recognized the first run stamp and the way it was stamped and tooled and knew this was an oldie.

pretty decent condition, only looks like 2 impacts, but otherwise very little wear.

don't think I'll be selling this, but any estimated value? maybe not even a monetary value, but I'm assuming it is a fairly rare disc?

nice, well worth the $5 I spent on it :) holding onto that thing fo' sho'!

IMG_20120925_102543.jpg

next up: is this a zipper-top rhyno? found it with some 9x kc pro eagles, so possibly in the same era?

very sharp, hard flashing on it.. looks zipper-y to me, but I'm not an expert, you guys are! :D

I did, and it did zip :)

I just can't believe that I found this baby with some 9x kc-pro firebirds when some guy sold me his 'old discs from high school'..

I did, and it did zip :)

I just can't believe that I found this baby with some 9x kc-pro firebirds when some guy sold me his 'old discs from high school'..

Remember though, general rule of thumb, all CE Rhynos are zippertop, but not all zippertop Rhynos are CE. Those Champion Zippertops are nice discs :thmbup:

Remember though, general rule of thumb, all CE Rhynos are zippertop, but not all zippertop Rhynos are CE. Those Champion Zippertops are nice discs :thmbup:

I guess I can only hope that it is CE. How can I tell the difference? been searching and can't find any definitive answer

IMG_20120924_213911.jpg

IMG_20120924_213929.jpg

Something you have to remember is that the Moray shared all mold pieces with the Stingray. It's just had a spacer that gave it a beefy nose. A lot of discs I've been shown that were thought to be "fist fun Stingrays" were Morays. A first run Moray is worth a lot less than a first run Stingray.

Something you have to remember is that the Moray shared all mold pieces with the Stingray. It's just had a spacer that gave it a beefy nose. A lot of discs I've been shown that were thought to be "fist fun Stingrays" were Morays. A first run Moray is worth a lot less than a first run Stingray.

awesome, thanks for the info everyone!

does not feel like a beefy rim, the rim is pretty small and feels like a dart/panther..

its pretty domey and feels like a champ dart. I'll try and get a better pic of the rim tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts