• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Identify my missing mystery innova plastic, win a disc.

Really, I've got to aggree with Chuck.

It sounds like you're putting exclusively turbo-style, which is just not the best of ideas, and you're looking to find a non-putter to putt with, which is an even worse idea.

Learn to putt normally with a putter, and be done with it. If you want something as straight as putting Turbo, get a Rattler, APX, Magnet, Magic, the flippy Vibram putter, Aero, XD, or any of the other straight-ass putters that fit the bill, rather than hoping you'll find something that flies like a 5-7 year old disc you didn't even care enough about to identify. Even if you do find the same mold, the plastic is going to be different, and the flight is going to be different, too.

Do things the right way, rather than hoping you can replicate the wrong way in just the right manner.

Thanks leopard for the comparison photo thingy. That is exactly what I was looking for. Do they have profile photo's like that anywhere else on the web, or did you shop that from the 2009 catalog?

The photo Leopard posted does look correct for what I am remembering. I'm gonna see if they have one at the local shop to get a hold of. If that is the disc, I'll send you the discraft.

Tried the rapid share link, however they will not let me DL because I'm nonmember server overloaded or something.

As to those telling me just to change my style/give up the glass slipper: I've tried. I have no control with short distance throwing. Turbo is only way I can put reliably, and traditional rounded edge putters don't hold the altitude or speed to make it on longer distances for my turbo style.

It might take a few tries, but it'll let you download sooner or later, no need to be a member. If it tells you no, wait 2 minutes and try again.

I'd upload it to mediafire which is pretty much foolproof but my connection is really crapping out at the moment. Sorry.

I also see that 4 people have downloaded it already, maybe someone could put up a mirror?

novice for life said:
As to those telling me just to change my style/give up the glass slipper: I've tried. I have no control with short distance throwing. Turbo is only way I can put reliably, and traditional rounded edge putters don't hold the altitude or speed to make it on longer distances for my turbo style.

See, what those of us that don't think the laws of physics and physiology don't apply to us see when we read this is:

novice for life said:
I threw 5 or 10 putts like a normal person, and they didn't all go in the basket, so I gave up

Anyone here that's tried to help teach people to golf better has seen someone say this at least a dozen, dozen times. You have no control, because you refuse to try in earnest and practice enough to get better. Do you think we just sit around and randomly are as good as however good we are? Hell...I've thrown probably 500 putts so far in 2010, and I was injurred until mid January.

Nobody's going to believe you if you try to say you gave learning how to putt properly a genuine effort, based on what you've said and how you've said it.

Also, just how far are you putting that you can't get a putter that far on a turbo? I've seen people sink 100+ foot turbo putts using putters. Are you trying to putt from further out than that?

novice for life said:
Thanks leopard for the comparison photo thingy. That is exactly what I was looking for. Do they have profile photo's like that anywhere else on the web, or did you shop that from the 2009 catalog?

The photo Leopard posted does look correct for what I am remembering. I'm gonna see if they have one at the local shop to get a hold of. If that is the disc, I'll send you the discraft.
I made that pic from scratch ... there's no cross-manufacturer reference like that that I know of.

Hope you find the model you had grown used to -- I support progress in your game, but you should maintain the fun, even at the expense of a non-optimal disc choice. Enjoyment is major.

If I win the contest, you can keep that Avenger and use it as trade bait... try out some of the discs being suggested, or trade for more Leopard.

I suppose the reason I emphasized the crutch aspect of your turbo putt is because... I have way too many crutches of my own that are keeping me from becoming a great disc golfer. I just wish I could identify what it is that I'm erroneously depending on.

I agree with Chuck.

Admitting your disc is gone is the first step to recovery.

Just try and find a similar disc especially if you have a shop to go to.

cheetah

what other turbo putters should he try? is the wizard or aviar good for turbo?

If you do discover it is the Pro Line Leopard you're after, you can still buy them here at a decent price:

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=281

Thanks for the help everyone. Went to the disc/comic shop, no leopards. They did have a cheeta, but that was not the mystery plastic. They let me return my unthrown star kite, so I just figured I should get an actual putter, and I guess I will have to learn to putt proper. I picked up a Vibram VP, and my Latitude spikes just arrived.

I just pulled down the 2009 catalog, so you can remove it from rapid share. I am looking through it now to try to identify the mystery plastic.

After looking at the catalog, it appears the following are possible contenders:
Goblin, coyote, leopard, eagle. I have held the eagle and coyote previously at the shop, and nixed both of those. Doubt it was the eagle, as that is a driver. Leaning towards Leopard, the only one I can't get ahold of right now.

the goblin and dart are almost identical, so if theres no goblins, look at a dart

novice for life said:
After looking at the catalog, it appears the following are possible contenders:
Goblin, coyote, leopard, eagle. I have held the eagle and coyote previously at the shop, and nixed both of those. Doubt it was the eagle, as that is a driver. Leaning towards Leopard, the only one I can't get ahold of right now.

The Leopard is definitely a driver, it would be difficult to mistaken it for a midrange. It is also small diameter, and I believe you said it was large. Have you ruled out the Stingray? The Goblin/Dart are very putter like with shallow rims, not like a triangle shape.

novice for life said:
Hi there, I need the help of the greater internet detective agency to help me solve a personal disc crisis. This forum appears to be the authority on disc matters. I have lurked on this site for disc shopping/choosing tips for short while, and joined specifically to have this issue addressed.

Background: I recently lost a disc through no fault of my own, and I believe it has been washed out into the ocean.

Uhhhhh, washed out into the ocean? Piranha, duh......

discspeed said:
The Leopard is definitely a driver, it would be difficult to mistaken it for a midrange. It is also small diameter, and I believe you said it was large.
these are all very clear distinctions for a novice :lol:

remember, his diameter comparisons came from a non-Innova-diameter-conforming Avenger, a non-Innova-diameter-conforming Blowfly, and one of the few Innova discs that shrinks like a mofo -- so i would expect a skewed perception of what is Large- and Small-diameter by Innova's standards. not to mention, the Blowfly is shaped more like a Leo than most putters or mids, so again, a skewed perception of what kind of disc a driver, mid, putter looks like. (i get the Blow and Blow 2 mixed up btw, one is more Leo-ish)

let's bust on his diameterometer and disc selection LATER (or when he asks for advice on that) after we help the dude find what type of frisbee he lost, so he can get back to enjoying how it worked for him :)