• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Identify my missing mystery innova plastic, win a disc.

SnappCracklePop said:
novice for life said:
Hi there, I need the help of the greater internet detective agency to help me solve a personal disc crisis. This forum appears to be the authority on disc matters. I have lurked on this site for disc shopping/choosing tips for short while, and joined specifically to have this issue addressed.

Background: I recently lost a disc through no fault of my own, and I believe it has been washed out into the ocean.

Uhhhhh, washed out into the ocean? Piranha, duh......
The Piranha is a freshwater fish. Duh.... :wink:

Could have been a Pro Line Gremlin.. My brother has a couple of these so I'll try and get a picture of the underside.
innova_champion-gremlin.jpg

Yehosha said:
Did you ever figure this out? I still think it's a Dart.
Too bad a dart wasn't produced until after 2005. Aero? I really think it is hopeless and he could have used this time to find a new disc. :lol:

don't count out the millenium discs
their x-outs look the same as innova's

Could be a Champion Stingray. I remember seeing a bunch of these, as X-outs at the local shop, all opaque champion plastic and the bevel is similar to the top. If you're going to look at DX Stringrays to see if this is it, be aware there are San Marino Stingrays and Ontario Stingrays, the champion run was in the Ontario mold which is different that the sharper edged San Marino Stingray.

riverboy said:
^^^ No, aside from those star ones that came out not too long ago the gremlins have beads.
Almost right. There are a very few beadless DX Gremlins that were molded at about the same time as the first STAR Gremlins. All of the ones I have seen bear the 2006 SoCal Championships stamp.

veganray said:
riverboy said:
^^^ No, aside from those star ones that came out not too long ago the gremlins have beads.
Almost right. There are a very few beadless DX Gremlins that were molded at about the same time as the first STAR Gremlins. All of the ones I have seen bear the 2006 SoCal Championships stamp.
Interesting to know. Have you thrown any of them?

Oh, yeah. Fly like a seasoned STAR Gremlin right out of the box & relatively gradually beat into a gentle turnover Gremlin (like a semi-beat DX beaded).