• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy President's Day!!!

Anyone else have the day off or at least a shorter than normal day?

I'm thinking about checking out a few "new to me" courses today.

Castaldo Park, Maryknoll Park, and Lombard Commons are on my list this afternoon.

Gotta check em out at least once or twice, right??? :confused::|:confused:

what time were you thinking about heading by the commons? Shoot me a pm.
I could meet you over there for a lunch break round... Or if its later around 4ish, I can try to leave work early for the day.

what time were you thinking about heading by the commons? Shoot me a pm.
I could meet you over there for a lunch break round... Or if its later around 4ish, I can try to leave work early for the day.

Not sure on the ETA for commons...that looks like my last stop of the day.

PM sent w/ details. :thmbup:

Anyone else interested? Looks like 40's and sunny this afternoon. :thmbup:

i miss saturdays with my oak brook crew

epworth-sad.png

Epworth still is beside himself.

A few of us central Illinois guys are looking to make a trip up to Joliet this week. We are looking to play Highland, Community and West Park. How are the conditions of the courses? Hopefully not a muddy mess! If we do make the trip we'd love to play with some fellow DGCR members!

As far as West Park goes...if it's above freezing, it'll be a frickin' mess. Haven't been to the other two in a bit, but the same rule of thumb applies, only less so (those courses are generally much less muddy).

A few of us central Illinois guys are looking to make a trip up to Joliet this week. We are looking to play Highland, Community and West Park. How are the conditions of the courses? Hopefully not a muddy mess! If we do make the trip we'd love to play with some fellow DGCR members!

Community Park in Channahon will be your best bet if it's sloppy. Frank Grimes takes fantastic care of that course.

A couple of guys at our leagues play Highland a lot. I'm afraid that course has the same problem as West Park, if it's above freezing, it will be a mess.

BUMP!

Hey fellas
I am going to be in the schaumburg/itasca area for 3 weeks beginning feb 27. Im a descent shooter looking for some nice holes to glow at after work/training at canon school off of 294. Im out at 5 or 6, and will probably be a little thirsty as well.
Ill head home for the weekends, but will be there sunday-thurs.
I see a couple courses around the area, dont really know which one has what going on.
If anyone wants to meet up for a few holes, or if there is a league I could jump in it would be cool. Or, if someone could point me in a good dieection I would be grateful.

Peace

Btw, my signature and avatar are in no direct relation to my day-to-day life. My friends and I celebrate the mustache 1 night a year.... On the town. Its rediculous, I know.

Hey fellas
I am going to be in the schaumburg/itasca area for 3 weeks beginning feb 27. Im a descent shooter looking for some nice holes to glow at after work/training at canon school off of 294. Im out at 5 or 6, and will probably be a little thirsty as well.
Ill head home for the weekends, but will be there sunday-thurs.
I see a couple courses around the area, dont really know which one has what going on.
If anyone wants to meet up for a few holes, or if there is a league I could jump in it would be cool. Or, if someone could point me in a good dieection I would be grateful.

Peace

In that area, Shady Oaks is probably the best/closest option. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the park/course is open after sundown.

Adler Park is open until 9:00 pm, but you'll have to fight rush hour traffic to get there. If you decide to make the drive, let me know. It's on my way home from work and I can meet you there for a glow round. Monday nights are best for me.

Plenty of weekend action w/ random DGCR meet-ups and local leagues as well if you decide to hang around for a sat-sun.

What type of traffic are you talking about. If I'm out at 5-6pm, how long of a drive will it be. Gmaps puts sunrise at 30 mins.

I could plug no highways in my gps if that would make anything better?

I work in Wood Dale, which is right next to Itasca/Schaumburg area. I'm sure you've already checked out the map on here...

All the closer courses aren't going to be anything special. Any of them. Clark Park is the closest, and isn't terrible (for a nine holer). No clue when it closes.

Madison Meadows is a longer course, that is definitely OK for glowing, down in Lombard. Maybe 20-25 minutes southwest of Itasca in rush hour traffic. It is a longer course, if you like airing some drives out. Lombard Commons is in the same neighborhood, a pitch n putt that is also glow friendly.

Shady Oaks in Streamwood is another longer course, pretty open with a few exceptions. I don't know about glowing there, but I imagine parking on the street on the East side of the course, in a neighborhood, and starting on hole #13 or so. Not sure about any riff raff that hangs out in the park at night though, some parts of Streamwood aren't the best.

Central Park in Oakbrook is a high quality 9er, and we have glowed there before, but it is in a hoity toity park district complex (no smoking, no dogs, no alcohol etc. etc.). I've never been hassled there the few times I've glowed, but I wouldn't be surprised.

-----------------

In other words, the courses we glow at are OK, nothing great. The ones we normally don't glow at are OK to decent. You'll have to drive quite a long ways to get somewhere above average. I don't get out as much as I did last year, but I would be happy to show you around any of those courses.

Channy was in great shape when i went monday. Highland is gonna be muddy and so is west park if it is gonna be warm. If you play them early enough when the temp is lower, youll prolly be in decent shape!

Wed night glow league at Lockport/Trinity Links? Litt

I may not be out in time for this even though I would love to.
Im out at 5 or 6 each day, which is rediculous, cuz class doesnt start until 10am! The worst hours, 10-6.

I think there may be 2 good approaches to this:
1. Would someone tell me the closest course the area of schaumburg rd. and 294? This is just so I can hit some baskets.
2. If anyone is playing a glo round that I could make it to, send me a pm, and I will give you my phone number and make arrangements.

Last edited:
Have you used the Browse Map feature on here?

highland and west park are a little more dangerous if its muddy imo bc of the hills and climbing up the crappy stairs. Ill play either tho if you guys set a time and what ever day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts