• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but it is kind of difficult to use my workplace as a reference point.
If I use gmaps, I can then use the hotel or workplace as a reference point, but when I search for disc golf courses there arent as many as what are on here. So ive been pulling dg course adresses from here and plugging them in on gmaps...... Kind of a pita.
Plus, asking actual people will give me better info, like dont go there cause its all mud, or the course is under construction, or dont go there after dark(biggie for me, im not a city boy).

I strongly recommend avoiding Highland Park after dark. People will say it's not a bad area, but I've had 3 friends murdered in the neighborhood it sits against, so they lie.

edit: not sure if you're even considering Highland, but I'm too lazy to read the thread. just wanted to point this out

Yes, but it is kind of difficult to use my workplace as a reference point.
If I use gmaps, I can then use the hotel or workplace as a reference point, but when I search for disc golf courses there arent as many as what are on here. So ive been pulling dg course adresses from here and plugging them in on gmaps...... Kind of a pita.
Plus, asking actual people will give me better info, like dont go there cause its all mud, or the course is under construction, or dont go there after dark(biggie for me, im not a city boy).

I think what he was suggesting is the course map browser on this site, it shows all the courses overlaid on google maps. Check it out.

I strongly recommend avoiding Highland Park after dark. People will say it's not a bad area, but I've had 3 friends murdered in the neighborhood it sits against, so they lie.

edit: not sure if you're even considering Highland, but I'm too lazy to read the thread. just wanted to point this out

Your alive!! Havent sen you in forever!

Central Park in Oakbrook is a high quality 9er, and we have glowed there before, but it is in a hoity toity park district complex (no smoking, no dogs, no alcohol etc. etc.). I've never been hassled there the few times I've glowed, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Don't park by the first tee at night, park by the complex and start on 6 or 7. Oakbrook PD does come out there and will come out to find you if they see a car by the disc golf course.......My wife and I got harassed there one night.

I'm sorry to here that, and thanks for the advice

one big ol' THANK YOU from myself and all the players who will be able to tee off of a sweet concrete pad down here on the centralia course boys!!
eric, roman, alan and jason all pulled together to sponsor pad #5 (you'll be glad to know it is one of three top three toughest holes on the course).
now we need to figure a weekend when you guys can come huck some plastic into the trees from your tee!! :)

Glad to help out!

Hope to make it down there at some point this summer. :hfive:

What type of traffic are you talking about. If I'm out at 5-6pm, how long of a drive will it be. Gmaps puts sunrise at 30 mins.

I could plug no highways in my gps if that would make anything better?

Looks like you would need about 45 minutes to get to Adler from the Canon office in Schamburg. If I were making that drive, I would take Route 53 north to Palatine Rd. Head east on Palatine Rd. Then get on 294 North and take that to Buckley Rd/Route 137 in Libertyville.

I think there may be 2 good approaches to this:
1. Would someone tell me the closest course the area of schaumburg rd. and 294? This is just so I can hit some baskets.
2. If anyone is playing a glo round that I could make it to, send me a pm, and I will give you my phone number and make arrangements.

1. Although Clark Park is the closest option as others have mentioned, that course is nothing to write home about. If I were you, I would check out Shady Oaks. The extra time in the car...5--10 minutes will be well worth the trip.

2. My offer for a glo round at Adler still stands...preferably on a Monday night. Unfortunately, there is just no escaping the mud at any course around here right now unless we get some temps below 30. I just can not remember the last time I was able to throw in February w/o snow and icy teepads.

Looks like you would need about 45 minutes to get to Adler from the Canon office in Schamburg. If I were making that drive, I would take Route 53 north to Palatine Rd. Head east on Palatine Rd. Then get on 294 North and take that to Buckley Rd/Route 137 in Libertyville.

45 minutes? Not at 5-6pm :wall: Over an hour easy in rush hour.

45 minutes? Not at 5-6pm :wall: Over an hour easy in rush hour.

I have found that the Monday afternoon rush hour is typically not as bad as Tues--Fri.

My glass is always half full when thinking about traffic. :p

I think Ashleigh and I are headed up to Grey Fox if anyone is interested on short notice.

I think Ashleigh and I are headed up to Grey Fox if anyone is interested on short notice.

I would love too but it's just me and the kids home today and I can't take them with in the cold and snow. Maybe next time. Have fun!

Anyone know how much snow there is on the ground a little further south?

Pontiac? Peoria? Bloomington? Lemon Lake? Lafayette, IN?

Wanna start breaking the dog in for long car rides and dg, but don't want to put him in the snow (and our car). Plus we have to be back for the awards tomorrow evening for the misses. Cannot get too far.

I would love too but it's just me and the kids home today and I can't take them with in the cold and snow. Maybe next time. Have fun!

We definitely did, it's snowy up there but the tees on grey fox are shoveled and salted. We played a couple rounds on red, and a couple one disc rounds on grey (wizard for me, comet for ashleigh). I scored +14 and +9 on grey.

We definitely did, it's snowy up there but the tees on grey fox are shoveled and salted. We played a couple rounds on red, and a couple one disc rounds on grey (wizard for me, comet for ashleigh). I scored +14 and +9 on grey.

The tees are always shoveled and salted there It's nice. Sounds like you shot well also thats not a bad score. Thats my average score there with my whole bag. I have never tryed a putter only round there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts